Lyndale Nursing Home

9 Rawlinson Road, Southport PR9 9LU

The Lyndale Nursing Home is committed to tailored care of the highest standards, having built up an excellent community reputation over 25 years of service.

It is an elegant character property situated in a peaceful residential area of Hesketh Park close to the park itself and the amenities of Southport and Churchtown.

It is privately owned and the owner and home manager are available to give support to both the residents and family/friends on a daily basis.

The Lyndale is decorated and maintained to an exceptionally high standard, providing tasteful, comfortable and homely accommodation in a calm and friendly atmosphere. It has an extremely impressive, large, wheelchair friendly garden for residents and their visitors to enjoy.

A registered nurse is on duty 24 hours a day and the home manager, qualified nurses, care staff and domiciliary staff are all experienced and highly trained and qualified.

The cook provides delicious, nutritious meals prepared daily with high quality, fresh ingredients and the home has a daily menu from which residents can choose. All specialist diets and therapeutic diets are catered for.

The Lyndale provides a wide range of daily social activities and entertainment and residents are encouraged and supported to pursue hobbies and activities they enjoy.

Prospective residents and their families or friends are invited to view the home at any time, without obligation, where they will receive a warm welcome and be able to meet staff and residents.

Owner: R Burdett

Person in charge: Liz Swift (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sefton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 25 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single from £680 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) from £625 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Lyndale Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Lyndale Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Lyndale Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 24 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Lyndale Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.738 for Lyndale Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (224 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 286 Ratings = 4.738

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Lyndale Nursing Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5 positive Reviews (25 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 5 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Lyndale Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.738) from 24 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Lyndale Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Lyndale Nursing Home

I have been at the Lyndale Nursing Home receiving respite care for 6 weeks after a spell of 4 weeks in Southport Hospital due to a fall in my home where I knocked myself out. I have received excellent care and kindness at the Lyndale. All the staff are so kind, caring and the food is wonderful, like 5-star Hotel standard. I am so much better since I have been here. I could hardly walk with Zimmer frame when I first came but now I can walk steadily when using a Zimmer frame. I am sad to say goodbye to all these lovely people and I will always appreciate the love and care I have received from everyone here.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Lyndale Nursing Home for two years after having a big stroke.
Lyndale is in a nice area close to a lovely park and not far from the beach.
She has a nice en-suite room which overlooks the lovely garden which is user-friendly.
The staff are all very helpful and have helped her regain most movement. She is given appropriate mashed food as she has choking problems. We are always made welcome when we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Likely

The care home is warm and welcoming. Staff are polite and caring at all times. The care home is very clean and tidy. The food is very nice and well presented. The activities on offer are very good and cater for everyone. The personal care my resident has is of a very high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I became a resident in Lyndale Nursing Home in December 2016. Admitted with extremely swollen ulcerated legs and various other health problems, very depressed having not been to bed for 4 1/2 months, hair not washed and hygiene poor. Now in December 2017, I am a totally different person, thanks to the care, kindness and love I receive here. Nothing is too much trouble, even today arranged by the staff here I have just had a care review and hope to start walking. I came in wishing to die, but now look to a new future. My thanks are to all at Lyndale.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Liz Swift, Registered Manager at Lyndale Nursing Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2018:

Thank you to our client for this review. She is a lovely lady, a pleasure to nurse. She was a nurse herself who received an MBE for her services to the NHS. Liz Swift, Manager.

My mother was a resident at Lyndale from February 2016 until April 2017 when she died. The care she received from all of the staff was second to none. My family were included in all decisions concerning Mum and the staff telephoned us immediately if there were any concerns. We felt we shared our mother's last fourteen months of care and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. In mum's last few weeks, which were very difficult, Mum was able, through amazing nursing, to pass with dignity and our family had the most amazing support ever. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband, aged 74 has an inoperable brain tumour and now cannot move by himself, care for himself or eat by himself. This home keeps him comfortable, warm and well cared for. The staff are all kind, understanding and cheerful and the home is warm. He enjoys the excellent food - his only real pleasure.
I can visit at any time and am always treated in a friendly way. The home did everything possible to make Christmas a joyful time.
I am happy and relieved he is in this home because I wasn't able to give him adequate care at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Lyndale Nursing Home is an incredibly warm and welcoming place. They are a small team of wonderfully dedicated and caring staff and my father-in-law has been treated impeccably since he has been residing here.
He has been cared for with dignity and his wife is welcomed by the staff as she visits every day. Our family is confident that he is as safe as he can be there and I would not hesitate to recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Likely

The staff of the Lyndale Nursing Home, I found them to be very pleasant, happy and careful. The food is excellent. My husband is well looked after and appears to be very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum resided at Lyndale Nursing Home for the last 3 weeks of her life. During this time, she was treated in a caring and dignified way. I could not have placed mum in a more suitable home for her final weeks. They had the experience to cater for all mum's needs and I was reassured that mum was in safe hands at the times when I was not there. The staff and management showed respect and understanding to us as a family at a very difficult time.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident at Lyndale Nursing Home for nearly a year. Her care has been excellent at all times and nothing is too much trouble. They organised a 100th birthday party for her and all her relatives which was excellent and my mother really appreciated the time they spent in preparing the food and supplying her with a lovely cake. The management, matron and staff all take care of mum to the highest standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has resided at Lyndale for 17 years and I have found her care provision to be of a very high standard.
Staff are friendly, courteous and helpful.
The care staff provide a good service for my mother, despite her disagreeable temperament at times. Lyndale has a warm and inviting atmosphere with no evidence of "off-putting" aromas at any time when I have visited. I am very happy with her placement and the care and attention provided. My only criticism is clothing sometimes goes astray.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted from the hospital in October 2015. He was very ill and possibly about to 'pass on'. The caring, excellent nursing care that he received brought him back to us and he is now back to strength, cheerful and participating in the many activities that the Lyndale Nursing Home provides. He enjoys the carefully prepared, varied diet and is now eating with enthusiasm which was not the care in 2015. All the staff and the owner know every resident and my father is treated as an individual who is well-respected. On Remembrance Day, which he at 91 watched with sorrow, a member of staff sat with him for the two-minute silence. They knew what he felt and cared. I have no hesitation in recommending the Lyndale Nursing Home. All of our family’s life has been enhanced because of their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident in Lyndale Nursing Home for over 2 years. The staff are friendly and professional and her care has been excellent. Mum is always clean and well presented (which is very important to mum). Mum has lots of visitors and they are always made to feel welcome by the staff. Dad visits mum every day and the staff have been wonderful with him too, including him in everything (including Christmas Day). Mum's medical and emotional needs are all catered for at Lyndale Nursing Home and I would recommend it to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Mum is very well looked after. I know that I do not have to worry about her because I know that she is well cared for. I have on several occasions recommended Lyndale to other people. One lady had her father there and now has an aunt in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident at Lyndale for over a year now. I have found the staff to be excellent. They are caring, friendly and contribute a great deal to my father's overall comfort and well-being. The rooms are nice and I always find dad to be clean and content when I visit. Dad suffers from occasional seizures I have found the nursing staff to be excellent.
He is well cared for. We are always well informed by the very competent and pragmatic staff. I would have no hesitation in recommended the Lyndale to anyone considering nursing care for a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother (88-years-old) entered Lyndale Nursing Home on the 1st November 2016. She was in a poor state and confused after leaving hospital. It is now January 2017 and there is a big improvement in my mother's health and wellbeing. I put this down to the care and attention of the staff at Lyndale Nursing Home. Any problems or concerns are dealt with very promptly. The place is very clean and tidy. The food they prepare for my mother is fantastic. I would not hesitate in recommending Lyndale Nursing Home to anyone looking for care for a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My frail 92-year-old mother came to Lyndale after having been very poorly. She was warmly welcomed by the staff, has quickly settled in and is building up her strength. On her first whole day in the nursing home, she was washed in a bath from head to toe and every care has been taken, for example, to make sure her bottom remains in a good state. The qualified nursing staff seem particularly observant and attentive to her needs. The food is freshly prepared by the cook in situ and is adapted to the needs of my mother. No mass catering system here, thankfully! Whilst her room is on the small side it is very clean and given the high standard of old fashioned nursing care, overall, I have no complaints from the first 4 weeks. I feel comfortable leaving Mum is in very good and kind hands here. I have not met the owner yet but can see from the spick and span upkeep of the house and gardens and ongoing capital investment that he is a proud owner with a focus on quality.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband went into the Lyndale Nursing Home for 2 weeks respite care, we were welcomed in the car park by the matron and staff and wev both completely spoilt over the next two weeks. The kindness and care that my husband received was exemplary. The cleanliness and upkeep of the room, home and grounds were exceptional.
All my husband's needs were met wth dignity and respect and I was able to have my lunch and tea with him and the food was excellent. They made us feel welcome, safe, respected, supported and happy. No problems in highly recommending Lyndale.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in the nursing home for 3 months following her stroke. It is situated in a nice location a short distance from the park. She has a pleasant room overlooking the garden and is quite comfortable. The staff are very caring and helpful. They will answer any queries we may have. My mum is always clean and dressed nicely and encouraged to sit in her chair. They have helped her to try to walk with a zimmer frame. The meals are always appetising.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Likely

My 95 year old mum has only been a resident at The Lyndale for 2 months, but she is settled in extremely well and is very happy. The care and support given to her by all the staff has been excellent. She is treated with dignity at all times and everyone is friendly and helpful. The residence has a very homely feel and her room is very comfortable, clean and bright. All her needs are being met including the food which is of an excellent standard and tailored to her specific requirements.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at The Lyndale for two and a half years. At all times her care has been excellent, the staff are friendly and very caring. The matron and other management team members have shown excellent care to my mother and to her family. They organised a very special party for her 100th birthday which was much appreciated by her nephew and nieces who were able to attend. I would have no hesitation in recommending The Lyndale to anyone looking for a safe and caring home for a member of their family.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Widower, living alone and had a hip replacement and needed somewhere to recuperate afterwards. Friend looked at Lyndale and said it looked very clean and thought I would be ok here. My stay has been just fantastic!! super, jolly very attentive staff. Food good, I'm a faddy eater but no problem to them. Booked in for two weeks but staying another three or four days.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Lyndale since the middle of August. All the staff have been extremely helpful to settle mum in. All her needs are catered for. The home is very clean and meals are nutritious and mum is regaining a little of her appetite as a result. Hairdressing and nail sessions have given mum her dignity back after a long stay in hospital. Very good that visiting is open as family members all working. Mum has high needs and all the staff meeting her needs and aware of them. Consulting salt team at the moment on our behalf. Also good having regular chats/updated with staff to see how she's been between visits. Super environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Lyndale Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Lyndale is a caring and well run home. We moved mum to Lyndale from another home where her needs were not met. Thank goodness we did, despite Lyndale being an old building, it was clean, fresh and welcoming. The staff are so kind and attend to all the residents needs. Since mum has been there she has put on a little weight, her bed sores are healing and most importantly she is no longer anxious. Her contentment is all we could ask from such a wonderful family and caring staff.

Submit a Review for Lyndale Nursing Home

February 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lyndale Nursing Home