Pellon Care Centre

200 Pellon Lane, Halifax HX1 5RD

Pellon Care Centre is ideally located on the edge of Halifax and is easily accessible to the City Centre by public or private transport.

The centre provides residential care for people who need support with everyday activities such as dressing or eating.

In addition, the service offers residential care for people who are living with dementia or a mental health condition.

Short-term respite care is also available to give family or friends a well-earned break as well as specialist nursing care.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Monica Thorpe (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 100 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Pellon Care Centre: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Pellon Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Pellon Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.589 for Pellon Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (81 Excellents x 5) + (43 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 129 Ratings = 4.589

The 4.35 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Pellon Care Centre is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 20 positive Reviews (100 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 20 Target = 0.350

8.9 Pellon Care Centre has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.939) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Pellon Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to Pellon Care Centre

Because of poor CQC reviews, I was initially concerned when my father was sent to Brackenbed Intermediate Care Home following a long stay in the hospital.
His care was excellent. The nurses, therapists healthcare assistants and domestic staff were caring and professional, always positive.
I can’t thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Pellon Care Centre responded to this review on 23 May 2018:

Thank you, Louise, for your comments about your recent experience at Pellon Care Centre. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care.

Marvellous activities for this month for both the residents, their family and extended visitors. Well done all the staff for your enthusiasm and joining in, even when you were off duty, you came to support and entertain on all the occasions. My mum really enjoyed herself as did the other residents and this was plain to see. Much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Pellon Care Centre responded to this review on 06 Feb 2018:

Thank you, Dawn, for your wonderful feedback following your recent experience of Pellon Care Centre. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we are pleased to hear your experience has been so positive. Your praise and kind comments about our home and our team really means a lot to us. Thank you once again. Have a fantastic day.

I cannot praise the staff and management of Pellon Care Centre enough. Every time I visit it is like walking into my own home, it is such an inviting atmosphere. Staff are extremely caring, compassionate and considerate with all the residents, which is a pleasure to see. All activities over the Christmas period were very well planned and organised, with all the staff, and a lot of relatives participating and joining in all the fun. I can really recommend this facility, which gives me peace of mind that Mum is safe and being cared for in a home from home environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Pellon Care Centre responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience at Pellon Care Centre. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

When my husband had to go into a care home, I had to look at care homes for him. They were so depressing. Then, by chance, I was driving up Pellon Lane and saw Four Seasons. I went to look around, thinking it would be another depressing place.. but no, not at all.

Pellon Manor is brilliant and really welcoming. A home from home. My husband has been in Pellon Manor for over 6 years and I wouldn't put him anywhere else. I go to see my husband every day except for weekends. I see what goes on in the care home and they are such lovely people and the residents are truly well looked after. Even for me it's like going from my home to my other home.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Pellon Care Centre responded to this review on 23 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Diane, for sharing your experience of Pellon Care Centre. We really do appreciate your praise and kind words about the home and the team here. It really means a lot to us and motivates us to do even more. Our number one priority is the care and wellbeing of every resident and to provide each resident with a home that is "home". We are happy to hear you share this feeling! Thank you once again for such a lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a fantastic day.

I have only good things to say about the home. It is run like a home, not a business. It is a happy, loving environment where the residents are looked after in a kind and sympathetic way.

Nothing has been too much trouble, sorting our medication, appointments etc. Myself and my family have always been made welcome, whatever time of day we visited. We are highly satisfied and would not like to place him anywhere else. The main thing being my husband is very happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Pellon Care Centre responded to this review on 28 Nov 2017:

Thank you, Sheila, for your comments about your recent experience at Pellon Care Centre.

Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience has been so positive.

The staff are considerate, caring, compassionate and cheerful, and treat all the residents with dignity and respect. There is a varied activity programme and all relatives of residents are welcome to attend. Mum is extremely happy and comfortable in her surroundings, has a very comfortable room, and it gives all our family peace of mind that she is being cared for in a home from home environment. Meals are varied, and refreshments are always available. Any issue, either medical or welfare is dealt with courteously and professionally, and nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Carl Duncker, Marketing Manager at Pellon Care Centre responded to this review on 16 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Sandra, for your comments about your recent experience at our home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you are so pleased with the quality of our care.

My wife as been at Pellon Manor Care Home for only a short while but the difference I have seen in her is heart warming.
On arrival from a previous care home, my wife could hardly walk and was quite aggressive. She is now quite settled and walking about thanks to the care and attention shown by the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Mum has only been in Birkshall Mews 2 weeks. In this short time I have found the staff very caring. Everyone is helpful and cheerful.

Two days before mum was due to arrive I took up and left some personal possessions. On the day mum arrived, the staff had put the pictures/shelves/ornaments on the walls. Mum's room looked lovely and homely.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The staff are caring and loving. The home is clean and regularly decorated in a homely and stimulating way. I have been very pleased with the care my mother has received over the past 7 years.

Lovely staff.
Warm.
Lots of activities.
Clean.
Friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Pellon Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I am very satisfied with the home and care my sister receives at the above care home. Everyone is helpful and cheerful.

Submit a Review for Pellon Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Pellon Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pellon Care Centre