Linson Court Nursing Home, in Kirklees, is surrounded by scenic countryside where a professional care team offer residents individually tailored care in a comfortable and recently refurbished interior.

The service can be sourced for both short and long-term stays, ideal for respite or for extended nursing after being discharged from hospital.

All residents enjoy a choice of delicious home-cooked food, the chance to relax in landscaped gardens, the use of quiet lounges and en-suite bedrooms. An activities coordinator ensures residents can continue to enjoy daily activities.

Group: Silverline Care

Person in charge: Beth Parry (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kirklees Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Linson Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Linson Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Linson Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.419 for Linson Court is calculated as follows: ( (152 Excellents x 5) + (135 Goods x 4) + (19 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 308 Ratings = 4.419

The 4.875 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Linson Court is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.875

9.3 Linson Court has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.294) from 27 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Linson Court?

Reviewer Connection to Linson Court

I was very happy with my husbands care at Linson Court. The staff were outstanding - caring, considerate and compassionate. The room was fairly small and plain and the facilities were relatively basic. I also felt the food could be improved but the wonderful staff more than made up for these aspects. Overall I would recommend Linson Court.

Colin Inglis, COO at Linson Court responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I will pass on your kind words to the staff at Linson Court. I am pleased that you found that staff provided excellent care for your husband.

Rooms are clean but could be decorated or refurbished. Mum is well cared for but certain ones go that extra mile with their care.

How likely would you be to recommend Linson Court? Extremely Likely

My grandad has been there a few weeks now having palliative care. The staff are amazing at taking care of him and making sure the remainder of his life is full of happy memories! They’re very nice to us (his family members) and answer any questions we have whenever we have them. Very thankful for the care they’re giving him.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 11 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your very kind feedback which we will pass on to the team. I'm pleased you're happy with your grandad's care at Linson Court.

My father-in-law needed a nursing home after a stay in hospital and could no longer be managed at home. Linson Court which we chose after hearing great reviews has been the best decision we made. Dad needed 24-hour care and we are so happy with the care and support, not only for Dad, but for us his relatives and friends. I can be very honest and say that the carers, staff and every person that takes great care of Dad is so important for not only Dad but for us has a family. We can be reassured that he is getting the best care he needs at this stage in his life.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 07 Dec 2017:

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I'm really pleased to hear how happy you are with your father's care.

Friendly staff, residents are treated with dignity. If there's any new information they always inform us as soon as possible. Even a phone call on numerous occasions so I'm happy I'm always informed if they aren't happy about any changes in health they will ring a doctor as soon as possible.
They do social events a few times a year so that is good for the resident's morale. There are activities for residents that want it. All in all, I'm happy with this care home and I cannot fault it. The staff work really hard to make all residents as comfortable as possible.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 22 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very pleased to hear how happy you are with the care provided at Linson Court.

Linson Court was exceptional in the care given to my brother-in-law who was admitted to the nursing side of the home from the hospital. The nursing and care staff gave him the 24-hour care that he needed from being a frail man of 89 years of age. Whenever I visited, there was always someone to speak to if I had any concerns. The staff were respectful to the needs of my brother-in-law.

His room was always clean and bed linen changed, he was always in fresh pyjamas as he was in bed or sometimes sat in an armchair. Later on, he was mostly in bed but his position was changed on a regular basis. If there were any problems day or night, I was informed. When my brother-in-law died, I was informed late in the evening. I cannot fault the way Linson Court is run especially by the management.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 09 Oct 2017:

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I'm pleased to hear you were so happy with your brother-in-law's care at Linson Court.

My Father spent his last six weeks here. The home was clean and comfortable. We were able to hang his pictures and photos up to make it more of a home. The staff were excellent always friendly and considerate of his needs. A garden party was held and even though British weather moved it indoors, he loved the event. The family were always welcome and I was able to stay overnight as he wished.

Colin Inglis, COO at Linson Court responded to this review on 13 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about your dad's care, during his time at Linson Court. I will pass on to the staff at the Home.

My father came into the home towards the end of January 2017. It was mainly for the dementia he had but he also had terminal lung cancer. From the very 1st day, he was well treated and staff were attentive to his needs. I have nothing but praise for all the staff and nurses especially towards the end of my dad's life. Only issues I had was I think it is understaffed at times. The room could have done with redecoration and with my dad being a wanderer at night they could have done with a device to let them know when he was up and about, minor things but on the whole very grateful for the care provided. My father died at the end of April 17.

How likely would you be to recommend Linson Court? Extremely Likely

My experience of Linson Court is very favourable. The staff and manager are caring and kind when working with the residents and always seem to have time to talk and encourage. Similarly, they have time for family members who visit and are always keen to assist if issues arise. My sister in Law died in August whilst a resident in the home (my brother still resident at Linson Court). The home were quite outstanding in the care provided during the final days of her life and in the subsequent care provided for my brother during the funeral and the weeks since. We can only speak very highly of the standard of care provided.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 25 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am from Port Elizabeth South Africa. I visited my dear 91-year-old mother at the Linson Court Care home. I was extremely impressed with its location. It is located in the bustling residential side of Batley, it's on a hill with a very serene view over the countryside. A homely place with all the comforts and facilities to make your stay a very pleasant one.
The manageress was welcoming, friendly and informative regarding the services and activities of the home.
Her team of nurses, carers and chefs were all very passionate about their duties.
The friendly and polite team of carers executed their tasks with care, passion and concern . emphasis was on boosting morale and providing comfort, they work well as a team. At times when I spent the night at my mum’s bedside, they never expressed any negative attitudes when called upon to render assistance. Dietary needs were never a problem , the chefs on duty were always willing to happily assist .

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 11 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm really pleased to hear how happy you are with your mother's care at Linson.

My mother was taken to Linson Court following a fall at home and no choice was given as to her residence at that time. We were asked, when it became obvious Mum wasn't able to cope back at home, if we wanted to move her to a home of our choice. We declined because the standard of care was going to be hard to improve in our opinion. Mum has been looked after with love and dignity by most of the staff and became a family member to others who were nothing short of angels to her. This period of my Mum's life wasn't pleasant for all concerned but the staff at Linson Court made it very bearable and we thank them with all our hearts. I say this from all the friends and family that were involved over the period Mum was resident.

A Very Big Thank You to all involved.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 11 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your kind feedback. I'm really delighted to hear how pleased you were with the care and kindness of all the team at Linson.

Despite cultural and religious difference the member of staff at Linson Court look after my mum very well. Staff struggle to understand my mums language but even then they always try to help her and whenever a member of family comes to the care home they always tell us that my mum is saying this what does it mean in English. As a family we are very thankful to the management and every member of staff for looking after our mother.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 14 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I am really pleased to hear you are so happy with the care provided to your mother.

Linson Court is a nice care home. The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is ok.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 06 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your feedback.

Care staff are lovely. Everything is done to make dads life more comfortable. New manager seems to be a positive step forward. Lovely care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Linson Court? Likely

Although my father was only in the home for a very short time. He was treated with dignity and respect during the end of life process. The staff were very friendly and approachable and it was obvious they enjoyed their jobs. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I am unable to score many of the options given ie Food & Drink, Activities etc as these didn't apply to my father so I've only marked them as good. Thank you to all at Linson Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Linson Court? Extremely Likely

My mother is residing in this nursing home and we all the family feel comfortable as she is in a safe home. All the staff are caring and took good carer of our mother.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 03 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your feedback.

The understanding of residents and needs are very good. The food and diets are very good. Laundry facilities top marks you always have fresh clothes for day and night. All round humour is shown all the time all these things help to quick recovery.

Rachel Dryden, Ceo at Linson Court responded to this review on 11 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback.

Lovely clean care home with very polite friendly, helpful staff who are very caring. Lovely atmosphere.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 10 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback.

Dad arrived yesterday from another care home. He got a very friendly welcome and they made him feel wanted. Room lovely with a great view- though it needs a lick of paint.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 05 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. The local team will be in touch regarding when your father's room can be repainted.

My stepmother moved into this care home in September 2015 after five weeks in hospital, too thin and fail to go home. Now she can walk again and has put on weight from all the lovely meals. She has an en-suite bathroom which is nice and clean. There is a dining room and lounge with weekday entertainment. I think the staff I've met care caring and polite and the residents are looked after. My dad has now moved in as he needs 24 hour care, he says he likes it. There are two floors dads on the bottom. The carers take him up the lift to have tea with his partner some days but meal times are the busiest. I think we were so lucky to have them put in this home together.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 04 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so pleased to hear your stepmother and father are content at Linson Court.

On first impression the property looked clean and smelt homely. Spotlessly clean. Fantastically friendly approachable staff. It seems very person centred environment. This will be my Nanna's new home.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 04 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I hope your grandmother settles well at Linson Court.

My mother moved here from hospital in October. The care and friendliness of the staff has been excellent. She is content within the situation that she finds herself. The only slight complaint is that she finds the food not quite hot enough on occasions.

Rachel, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 04 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad to hear your mother is settling well. We will take your feedback on food temperature on board, thank you.

We are well pleased with the care my mum is receiving all the staff are very obliging and very kind to mum. I myself find all the staff helpful. I would have no hesitation in recommending Linson Court to other people who are looking somewhere for their relative.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 29 Jan 2016:

Thank you for your feedback.

My brother is now getting the nursing care he needs, and the staff are getting to know him and myself as he has come from another nursing home which closed down.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 29 Jan 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear your brother is settling well and you are happy with the care at Linson.

Sometimes our neighbour has told us that she has asked to be dressed and go into the communal room to sit, but, seem to disregard her wishes. Sometimes when they ask her, do you understand, that she tells them that she cant be bothered especially if she is not well, but maybe to try and persuade her to dress may be better for her and possibly prevent any future bed sores which may arise.

How likely would you be to recommend Linson Court? Likely

My brother has had a stroke which has left him partially blind, my sister-in-law has dementia. I go to visit them regularly. My sister-in-law has been in care for nearly two years and my brother 9 months. Both are settled in, and are well cared for. When I have been the staff have always been kind and patient with all the residents. My brother says he has no complaints about the treatment.
The residents and their rooms are always clean and tidy. There is only one fault I have found, there does not seem top be a lot of activities going on, maybe it's because there are a few stroke and dementia people there, otherwise the home seems to be one of the good ones.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 09 Dec 2015:

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and are pleased your relatives are happy at Linson Court. We are currently reviewing our activities programme and plan to offer additional activities to all residents going forwards.

Excellent care given to my husband who can do nothing for himself. All staff are caring and enjoy being with the older people they look after so well. There is a set routine but plenty of flexibility if I want something different. They make lots of Best Interest decisions, as my husband has dysphasia, and they always get it right. My husband is now relaxed and happy after a difficult few years.

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Linson Court responded to this review on 16 Oct 2015:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear your husband is settled at Linson and you have peace of mind about his care.

Submit a Review for Linson Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Linson Court