Willow Bank Nursing Home

5/7 Barwick Road, Cross Gates, Leeds LS15 8SE

Willow Bank Nursing Home is located just off junction 46 of the M1, east of Leeds. Local shops, library, hairdressers, surgery, pharmacy and public house are all within walking distance.

Willow Bank is a large 1950s property that provides accommodation for residents with both double and single rooms all of which have en-suite facilities. All rooms are fully carpeted and decorated to a high standard.

Residents can enjoy a well maintained garden and two sun lounges during summer months. There is a large dining room leading out to a terraced garden area and a quiet lounge with a dining area and kitchenette.

There is a large car park which provides space for up to 14 cars.

Group: Maria Mallaband Care Group Ltd

Person in charge: Linda Oram (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 37 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Epilepsy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Willow Bank Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Willow Bank Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Willow Bank Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.676 for Willow Bank Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (146 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 204 Ratings = 4.676

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Willow Bank Nursing Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.4 positive Reviews (37 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 7.4 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Willow Bank Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.676) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Willow Bank Nursing Home

• Great-grandson of Resident/Service User

Hello. Thank you so much for looking after my great -grandma you looked after her really well with great hospitality, warm and cosy rooms and good food. My great grandma always looked happy when she was at Willow Bank.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Hello. I would like to thank so so much for looking after my relative. Your care was really good and all of the staff were really good. It was a really good environment and I would always recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home. Lovely caring staff and nurses. My Mum was cared for and looked after very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

All staff helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Likely

Drom the minute we went to see the home right until mum passed away, my experience with Willow Bank was delightful. My mum went there for end of life care and when she passed away it was peacefully. She was in no pain and had been treated with respect and the utmost care throughout her stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Willowbank is fantastic in every way. My grandmother spent her final two months being cared for in this warm, clean, caring and professional environment. The staff were kind and considerate, her room was clean and cosy and the overall atmosphere of Willowbank was one of empathy and warmth. My grandmother was a special person and I know she would have agreed. Many thanks to all the staff at Willowbank, you are truly amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Although my mum was only at Willowbank for a short while she was cared for in a caring and appropriate way. She was always clean and tidy and the room was clean as well. All the staff were helpful, friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Caring staff, friendly, with a range of activities. Problems addressed. Nice nurses, good nursing care. Can be a little quiet on a weekend but plenty to do in the week.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Likely

Only been here two days, staff have been very helpful, mam seems a lot brighter.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Although we visit our mother on four or five days a week, this is only for an hour or two at a time which makes it difficult to give meaningful comments. We get very little sense out of our mother with regard to the rest of the time.

The staff we have met seem very friendly, obliging and efficient, and the management appear similar and very capable.

It is very difficult to give a truly considered opinion under many of the headings due to lack of direct experience. As far as we are concerned there are no problems and everything is satisfactory.

As to value for money, we chose to contribute to the cost because of the marked difference between MMCG and “standard” care homes in terms of the staff and the general standard of the site. We are happy to pay the extra with this in mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Likely

Everyone is really friendly and approachable. They deal with issues promptly. Dad gets really good care. I feel reassured when I leave, he is in safe hands and that gives me peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Mum received excellent nursing care during her 18 months at Willow Bank.
She was extremely frail on discharge from hospital following a stroke and was eating and drinking very little.
There was a significant improvement when she was offered tempting food to eat and well positioned in bed reducing her discomfort.
Despite her poor communication skills, staff tried really hard to understand her wishes.
I never regretted the journey across Leeds to visit as I was confident she was receiving the best possible care given the problems nationally with nurses and care worker recruitment.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was at Willow Bank for five months and passed away peacefully on the 18th March 2017. The care my mother received from day one was excellent. From management down. Thank you Willow Bank for everything you did for her, she was very happy in your care and as a family, we could not have asked for more, thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you so much for the love and care every single one of your staff showed my mum over her last four months of life whilst a resident of your home.
From the managers, to the kitchen staff, to the carers, to the nurses, to the receptionist, to the activity coordinator, to the cleaners and to the clothes washing ladies all of you made my mums time in your home a happy memory for me as she loved it there she made new friends from you all and loved having a little chat with you all and telling me all about each one of you and what you did for her when I visited her daily.
She thoroughly enjoyed all the activities you had in place especially bingo and showing off her prizes and loved interacting with the other residents it is a great comfort to me to know I chose the right home for my mum to end her days but as soon as I walked in that first day to view it after 4 other homes the welcome and friendliness I received was outstanding so my mind was made up and put at ease instantly.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

From day 1, the care, service, and help which carried on to be of an outstanding performance. All the staff respected me and my wife until the end. They showed patience, understanding, and giving 100% of their time. There was never a cause for me to complain.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

After my mum had broken her hip, she had been in nine hospital wards. L.G.I. St. James Leeds and two CIC homes and suffered many complications, one being bed sores from the CIC home. Mum was given a social worker in May who recommended Willow Bank Nursing Home. The minute she arrived she liked it and felt at home. The staff welcomed her as a family member and she was very happy. As her daughter, I felt when I was not there, she was being cared for as I would have. The staff could not have done any better, they were all so kind and attended to all her needs 24 hours a day, keeping her out of pain as much as possible. I thank them very much for all they did for our mum and our family and cannot recommend them highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Bank Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I can't thank Willow Bank staff enough for the care and compassion they all showed to my mother in the months leading to her passing away.
I would say this care home is, without a doubt, a gold standard for excellence in overall nursing and total care.
A building is just bricks and mortar, it's the people within that building and the direction from management that makes the difference.
They should all be proud of themselves both as individuals and as a group of professionals and know that because they continued to care, sometimes against all the odds, it is a great comfort to our family to know my mother was among people with commitment and compassion.

Submit a Review for Willow Bank Nursing Home

Linda

Linda Oram

Job Title: Care Manager

My name is Linda Oram and I am the Nurse Care Manager.

I have been working at Willow Bank for more than 17 years – six of which has been as the Manager of the home. I was trained at St. James Hospital, Leeds as a Registered General Nurse then as a Registered Midwife. I later spent many years in another nursing home in Leeds, before moving to Willow Bank. I gained my NVQ 4 in management in 2004.

As the Manager, I try and bring an air of friendliness to all who come to Willow Bank, and try and make it as homely as possible for residents, friends and relatives – making each day a happy one for all involved in the home.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Willow Bank Nursing Home