Hylton View Care Home

Old Mill Road, Southwick, Sunderland SR5 5TP

Hylton View Care Home specialises in residential, nursing and dementia care for up to forty individuals at a time, some of whom may have physical disabilities or a sensory impairment.

This modern facility has en-suite bedrooms and is ideal for the efficient practice of care, having been purpose-built to bring skilled provision to the Sunderland community.

The home is well-situated for residents who wish to remain active outside of the home, with good amenities and transport routes, though with many activities to also enjoy within the home itself.

Group: Roseberry Care Centres UK Ltd

Person in charge: Leigh Brown (Regional Ops Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Over 65 Only. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hylton View Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Hylton View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hylton View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.698 for Hylton View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (86 Excellents x 5) + (26 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 116 Ratings = 4.698

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hylton View Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Hylton View Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.698) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hylton View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Hylton View Care Home

I would like to say that while my mother was in care at Hylton View Care Home she was very happy with the care she received and she loved the staff that cared for her, my mother was always clean and tidy as was her room.
The manager was always ready to listen to anything I had to say concerning my mother and if there was anything she could do to improve my mother’s care it would be sorted ASAP and that’s all I could ask.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Likely

My aunt cannot look after herself anymore and did not want to go into a home. But after being in the home for a week she loves it. With all the care and attention, friendly people and things to do. My aunt is in the best place for her and I have peace of mind. If you have a problem the home manager is more than willing to help.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My nana has been in this care home for several months and I would highly recommend it. Everything within the care home is great. It's clean, tidy and couldn't ask for nicer staff. If I have any questions about my nana or anything regarding my nana, they deal with it quickly. When I visit my nana and it's time to leave, I know that when I'm not there, my nana will be cared for and looked after so it puts my mind at ease.
I would definitely recommend this care home, as my nana is settled and content so I know I made the right decision choosing Hylton View Care Home for my nana.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

A brilliant team of staff, brilliant manager and plenty of activity’s for my grandad to do. Could not give them any faults! Fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Hylton View Care Home is a breath of fresh air. The communication and understanding of my dad's needs are excellent having some difficulties in his previous care home I was constantly worried each time the phone rang. He settled great into a routine while he's quite vocal at 84 the manager and the care staff and nurses are great with him and meet his every need. For a family member, this is paramount for peace of mind when you can't be there every day I'd highly recommend Hylton View to other people wanting to place a family member.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My friend lives at Hylton View Care Home and she is very well cared for the staff are very helpful and know her needs the activities are really good she like going out to the salvation army to watch a movie and having my lunch out
Christmas was especially nice the home was very festive and a lovely family came in all dress up as elves

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

This care home looked after my father for 3 1/2 years. Accommodation, staff, meals etc were great. Staff could not do enough for my father during his final moments and kept all the family informed, every step of the way - a job thoroughly well done. Nothing was too much for them. Now my mother has accommodation in this home, as we all know, as a family her health, mental care will be looked after. I recommend this home very strongly. Job well done to all staff. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Hylton View looked after my father-in-law for 3 1/2 years, no complaints whatsoever. Staff, care, accommodation, all at a very high standard. Now my mother-in-law is resident there so we know she will be looked after very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like living at Hylton View Care Home, I am well cared for by the staff. I feel safe at Hylton View. I like the food that is provided. I get involved in the activities and are happy with the activities provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Hylton View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum is happy and well looked after, enjoys all the activities that are provided and I'm happy too!

Submit a Review for Hylton View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hylton View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hylton View Care Home