East Riding Care Home, Morpeth, Northumberland

East Riding Care Home is located in the town of Morpeth in Northumberland.

The home offers nursing and residential care, and end-of-life care. East Riding is home to a dedicated suite for those living with dementia which has been adapted to make sure residents are kept safe and as comfortable as possible in their surroundings. Care can be provided on a permanent basis, however a respite service for shorter stays is also available.

East Riding can be easily accessed by either car or train and has great transport links to the surrounding areas. The home has mature gardens with scenic views for everyone to enjoy.

Inside the home there are spacious communal areas which are free for everyone to use if and when they please. Bedrooms are all tastefully decorated with great safety features - many of them have en-suite facilities and picturesque views over the garden.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Denise Hyden (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 67 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on East Riding Care Home: click here

8.9 East Riding Care Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.918)

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for East Riding Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for East Riding Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.545 for East Riding Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (88 Excellents x 5) + (46 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.545

The 4.373 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for East Riding Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.4 positive Reviews (67 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 13.4 Target = 0.373

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend East Riding Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to East Riding Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User
  • Partner of Resident/Service User

We have been very happy with my dad's care at East Riding - the staff are caring and the home well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at East Riding Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at East Riding Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Thank you for your praise and kind comments about our team. your wonderful feedback really means a lot to us. Take care!

My mother is happy at East Riding, comfortable and very well fed (an excellent chef). She has made friends despite her dementia. The staff work extremely hard and I would like to thank them all very much for all they do. I could not cope alone at all. They are invaluable.
There is great flexibility with no rigid rules and times. Residents are allowed great personal freedom and my mother loves to go down to the foyer area for company and to listen to the music there.
At 97 years of age to have as much independence as this is amazing.
Visitors are given much flexibility in visiting too which is greatly appreciated. I am able to take my mother out freely and I feel very welcomed which is a bonus. I try to be as helpful and nuisance-free as possible. Again a big thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at East Riding Care Home responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Pamela, for your praise and kind comments about our team here at East Riding Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We are happy you have found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here and if there is ever anything more we can do, please do not hesitate to speak with us. Thank you once again. Have a great day.

Very positive experience. Care of my father is exemplary.
All the staff have "care" engrained as culture.
Some areas organisation and administration is weak. Lack of coordination.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at East Riding Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of East Riding Care Home. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thank you once again, and have a fantastic day!

My mum has been at East Riding Care Home for one and a half years, she has had several infections and falls. I cannot fault the nursing care ( I am an ex-nurse) she has also had several blood clots. Her room has her own furniture and the Chaplin is great (she is a church goer).

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at East Riding Care Home responded to this review on 06 Dec 2017:

Thank you, Anne, for your comments about your recent experience at East Riding Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you have been so pleased with the quality of our care. Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Have a fantastic day!

Staff are always prepared to help and assist and my father's dignity is always respected.
He knows and responds to their voices. The staff are extremely patient and friendly yet remain professional.
The rooms and gardens are currently having a facelift so looking forward to the finished result.

Rooms: Poor

I could not have wished for a better service for my mum who has Alzheimer's. She has been in the home since September 2014 and she is safe and very well looked after. whenever I visit, the staff are never too busy to discuss any of mums or my needs. All the staff know of my mum and how she is on any particular day, and this I find particularly reassuring as there are two floors and the staff on a different floor to mum still know of her (up to date) situation. Nothing is too much bother and all staff pander to mum's immediate needs and she can on occasions be very demanding. I cannot praise the home, staff and facilities enough. Highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

For me, one of the most important things in a care home is the staff and I can not fault East Riding in this respect. They are always cheerful and helpful and I feel that they genuinely care.
One of my concerns when my mother went into care was that she is a very picky eater and extremely unadventurous in her eating habits. Fortunately the home provides sufficient choices for her to always find something to her taste while subtly getting her to eat a few healthier things where they can. I noticed that they have Chinese food for Chinese New Year next week - this is not to her taste but I'm sure there will be more traditional alternatives.
Previous reviewers have mentioned problems with TV reception but I believe this is being addressed and will be resolved soon.
There are sufficient activities available and the communal area is usually playing music , which is far preferable to having residents parked in front of the TV which was sadly the case when my husbands Grandma was in care (elsewhere).
I would certainly recommend this home as providing a very caring service.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent care in a very friendly environment. Staff were always professional. My husband was always happy, well dressed and always clean. Many thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Likely

A welcoming and friendly atmosphere surrounds this home and is probably the top plus point for any such establishment. The food is good and the staff caring and endlessly patient.
However, laundry is an ever recurring problem for both staff and visitors who spend a lot of their time chasing missing items or returning unwanted clothing to their rightful owners. Simple measures to overcome many of these difficulties have been pointed out to management but not taken up in our time.
Most of the outdoor leisure arrears are sparse and uninviting in spite of enormous efforts by some members of staff to provide better. This and other problems appears to be a lack of funding from Four Seasons rather than responsibility by the management of East Riding Care Home whose staff make this worth a very good recommendation.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Likely

Kirsty Crozier, Home Manager at East Riding Care Home responded to this review on 11 Feb 2016:

Hello Jean, thank you for your review - I appreciate all the feedback and comments. I understand from the review that you do have some concerns. Since your review, we have made a number of changes. In particular, we have improved the way laundry is done to save on any mishaps like you have mentioned. If you’d like to talk with me further for an update, I’ll be happy to do so. Hope to speak with you soon. Thank you again, Kirsty.

I cannot thank enough each and every member of staff at East Riding Care Home, Morpeth for the love and care shown to my mother during her two year stay. Particular thanks go to those who looked after her during her final days for their dedication and compassion and for the tact and consideration show to visitors at a difficult time. The family will always be grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

My late nanna spent the last few months of her life in this home. My nanna thought a lot of the nurses, carers and management and said herself she felt 'cared for' and 'you couldn't get better than this!'. Many going the extra mile to make my nanna feel at ease and even laugh and smile, despite her painful illness. The only area I feel needs improvement, would be the room cleaning. Toilet cleaned but no dusting or mopping of her laminate floor.

How likely would you be to recommend East Riding Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot complain about the treatment my husband receives at East Riding. The carers are cheerful, kind and helpful - some over and beyond what might be expected. He is always clean and fully dressed - even when I pop in unexpectedly. The only quibble I have is, with all the paperwork the carers have to cope with. They do not have lots of time to spend with the residents. It would be nice to think that at least one carer was in the sitting room at all times. More staff might be the answer and perhaps more pay for the excellent work that they manage to do.

Submit a Review for East Riding Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for East Riding Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at East Riding Care Home