Parc Wern Care Home

Parklands Road, Ammanford SA18 3TD

Parc Wern care home provides quality care for 20 elderly frail nursing clients, 3 elderly frail residential clients and 35 elderly mentally infirm clients. The home has been tastefully decorated throughout with individual d├ęcor in each bedroom to meet the requirements and needs of each resident. There is a large safe internal garden within the middle of the Home and extensive grassy grounds which offer a relaxing atmosphere and a quiet retreat. Each resident has an individual care package, specifically planned to reflect their personal needs and choices. A qualified nurse/key worker is assigned to each resident ensuring an holistic approach to individual care and daily fulfilment. The in-house chef ensures a choice of menus creating fresh, nutritious, homemade meals catering for all cultural, medical diets and personal preferences. An activities co-ordinator organises a wide range of daily activities both in and out of the home. Outside entertainers visit the home on a regular basis.

Group: Priory Adult Care

Person in charge: Gaynor Bevan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Carmarthenshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 59 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single from £631 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Parc Wern Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales* Report on Parc Wern Care Home: click here

* Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Parc Wern Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Parc Wern Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.834 for Parc Wern Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (188 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 223 Ratings = 4.834

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Parc Wern Care Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.8 positive Reviews (59 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 11.8 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Parc Wern Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.834) from 19 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Parc Wern Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Parc Wern Care Home

Every time we vsiit Parc Wren, we are always very impressed with the care given to my father by all staff working there.
Nothing is too much trouble for the manager and her staff.
I am very appreciative of the care and suport my dad has had at Parc Werm and it means a great deal to me to know that he is safe and well cared for.
A very big thank you to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff at Parc Wern are excellent. One only has to ask about/for anything and it's actioned straight away.

The food is good. I have had many meals there.

The home is always very clean.

In summary, I would say it's five star.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot thank the staff enough for the way they look after my sister-in-law and any of the residents in their care. No matter what the residents need or require is no problem whatsoever. The home and grounds are a pleasure to see. Clean and tidy. All of the staff are so friendly, they always acknowledge your presence. When the staff distribute the meals they smell so nice it makes my stomach roll. Scrumptious. I cannot think of anything else to say, except to say that homes cannot get much better than Parc Wern.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

I'm satisfied with the care that's provided and everyone is very friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent home. Will recommend to anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

When we first learnt that my dad-in-law had to move to a home two hours away from us, we were so upset but the care, support and love dad receives in Parc Wern has truly been the best ever. Our gratitude is unmeasurable, I cannot tell you the peace of mind this brings us.
A huge thank you. With love and gratitude.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel there could be more variety in choice of meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are always friendly, helpful and caring to both residents and visitors. They go out of their way to see that my brother's welfare is well cared for as he has difficulty in talking and sometimes understanding what is being said and so gets frustrated. We visit every week and we are always made to feel welcome and can visit at any time. If he has to be in a home, this is as good as any. In the corridors, they have set up areas such as a library and potting shed with wallpaper to the theme and items in keeping with the area. It cheers the place up and makes it more cheerful.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident in Parc Wren for the last 5 years.
The care she receives is excellent and of a high standard.
The home is clean and all the staff are kind and compassionate.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Likely

My brother's health has improved dramatically since being here due to the excellent care he has been given. The staff are very caring and committed and know all of the residents' needs and are always ready to answer any queries regarding individual residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband who has Parkinson's disease with Lewy Body Dementia fell and fractured his hip which caused his health to plummet. He was in hosptial for seven months and was unable to come home. Only two care homes with nursing care were available 20 and 12 miles away and thanks to his social worker, a vacancy came from the above care home.
I go to see my husband every day and I am so thankful and grateful my husband is there. They not only see to all his needs but also there for me with their kindness and thoughtfulness to us both. The care home staff and management are absolutely amazing and are second to none. They really do care and that is why every box is ticked excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother was made very welcome at Parc Wern and everything possible was done to make him settle down in his new environment. Staff wanted to know all about him, his life and family, to enable them to relate to him and understand his needs. As a family, we were very anxious about his welfare because he had a very bad experience at his previous residential home where he was neglected. We need not have worried because the care and attention he has is absolutely excellent. The staff are caring, patient, kind and thoughtful - a wonderful group of people, now we don't worry about my brother because he is safe and well looked after. Thank you Parc Wern.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have always found the above care home friendly and welcoming. I have visited at various times of the day and the care my mother receives is dignified. I am informed if she is unwell or requires anything.
The staff are efficient, caring and speak to the residents with patience and kindness. My mother is given choice even though she is unable to voice her decisions. We chose this care home originally as the manager understood our anxiety and devastation of having to place our mother in a home. She made our decision so much more bearable by her comforting words and reassurance.
There are a variety of activities on a regular basis. The residents are encouraged to take part when appropriate. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff involved in the care of my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mother in law became ill and stopped enjoying food and dad. The staff were excellent in their care and environment which has hopefully paid off. The communication was good and we can only praise the manager and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Likely

I am very pleased with all aspects of care and service the home provides for my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

I can only say that everytime I visit I find the staff very friendly and as I can see my friend receives first class care.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

I honestly find love Parc Wern Care Home to be the ideal home for my sister. All of the staff that I have been in contact with have been extremely patient and caring, first and foremost they care for the residents needs without any qualms whatsoever. I cannot praise the care staff and the home enough, I think they are brilliant.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have found the management and staff to be approachable, caring, efficient and friendly since my brother was admitted to Parc Wern. The rooms are spacious and clean. Entertainment in the form of concerts, fetes days out when the weather permits. Staff show interest in the residents past as well as the present which is nice to see. I am always impressed by the homely friendly atmosphere that prevails. Their visitors are welcomed unannounced and at anytime and all are free to walk around unaccompanied. All is open and above board and the residents are always clean and well cared for and happy as possible. As regular visitor I am impressed and grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Parc Wern Care Home? Extremely Likely

Fantastic care home will exceptionally amazing staff who care about the resident and their needs. EVERYONE!! Is truly gifted in their job and as you know if you have a special family member needing more than you can provide be rest assured the staff go above and beyond, I can't praise each and every person enough who has dealt with both myself and my mum, I take my hat off to you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do for my mum.

Submit a Review for Parc Wern Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parc Wern Care Home