Ranfurly Care Home, Johnstone, Renfrewshire

Ranfurly Care Home is a purpose-built home that is divided into four units, allowing staff to specialise on focused care provision which suits each individual.

Residents are able to enjoy the gardens during warmer weather, which have been landscaped for decorative effect.

Residents are helped to feel at home by a friendly team, as well as numerous activities and entertainments, while staff encourage them to personalise their surroundings.

Group: Silverline Care

Person in charge: Margaret Rooney (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Renfrewshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: To comply with registration category. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Ranfurly Care Home: click here

9.3 Ranfurly Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.321)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Ranfurly Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ranfurly Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.654 for Ranfurly Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (104 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 156 Ratings = 4.654

The 4.667 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ranfurly Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.667

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ranfurly Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ranfurly Care Home

My mother celebrated her 103rd birthday this September. She has achieved this due to the wonderful care she has received at this care home. Mom was seriously ill and could no longer live on her own. She was really apprehensive about moving into a home but the staff/carers made her so welcome. Mom settled in very quickly! After living on her own for many years Mom soon realised that the company she experienced with other residents and staff was good and she started to laugh again, keen to join in on events. I live in the South of England and cannot be with Mom as often as I would like but I can trust she is in great care. I cannot thank all at Ranfurly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find the staff are first class. Very kind and caring and look after the residents very very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Ranfurly Care Home responded to this review on 31 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Before my mother entered Ranfurly, I visited several homes which, in my opinion, were substandard. When I visited Ranfurly, the first thing I noticed was it was clean, warm and the staff were friendly and smiley. It has a nice feel about it. My mother has been a resident in Ranfurly for approximately 1 and a half years and in my opinion, she is well looked after and content. For me, it is the staff that make Ranfurly. They are kind and caring. Nothing is too much trouble and they always do it with a smile. I can't praise the staff enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Ranfurly Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your kind feedback which we will pass on to the team. I'm really pleased to hear you're happy with your mother's care.

Ranfurly is like a home from home. We are really happy with how my mother has settled in. The staff are great and we know my mother is being well looked after, which has helped us as a family, knowing we made the right choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

Colin Inglis, COO at Ranfurly Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about the Home and the staff. We are pleased that your mum has settled well in Ranfurly Care Home. Best wishes, Colin

We always find the home and staff very friendly and in good spirit, and the atmosphere is more like a hotel for the residents. It's design lets light flood in from all angles and it's always at a comfortable temperature.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

My family and I are happy with the care shown to our mother. Her room is kept clean and fresh. The quality and quantity of food is excellent. The carers on the unit are very capable, they are kind and concerned about all the residents.
It is a difficult unit to work in, many are bedridden and many have dementia, but a good level of care is given to all.
Our only concern us sometimes we feel they could do with more carers on the unit, but we have no criticism of any of the staff.
Sometimes I think the communal areas could be cleaner (maybe walls washed down after spills)
Our family have no previous experience of care homes, but we are very happy that we know our mother is safe and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

H Kinnaird, Regional Operations Manager. at Ranfurly Care Home responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

Many thanks for your review of Ranfurly Care Home, we really appreciate your comments and the fact that you feel your mother is well cared for and safe, supported by capable and caring staff. Silverline Care strives to ensure excellence in all areas and where we are informed of points to consider we will take this on board and deliver follow up and action to rectify.

Ranfurly Care Home is very well run and offers a pleasant and safe environement.
The staff are very kindly towards residents and keeps me informed of my mothers health.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

Not a lot of provision for toiletries in the bathroom ie incontinence pads and not placed in wardrobe. A makeover is needed in the main sitting room. Laundry system needs more attention in where the clothes are going. 2x blouses and 2x cardigans have gone missing since Christmas.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is currently in Ranfurly and I can't thank the staff enough for the care my mum receives from them. I feel they listen to me when I have concerns with regards to my mum and they always act on my concerns instantly. The care and attention my mum receives is outstanding. The staff and management are fantastic and the door is always open to speak to the manager or deputy manager. All staff are very friendly and approachable and I feel comfortable in the fact that if I have any issues with regards to my mum's care, they are there to speak with me. The cleanliness of the home is fantastic, with no odours as you go in which I've found was an issue for myself when choosing a care home for my mum. Thankyou Ranfurly and I really do appreciate the care and support you give to my mum and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

From our first visit I felt that this was the place for my mother. The complex is bright, lean and cared for. It smells fresh which is not always the case in some establishments. The staff are friendly and attentive and deliver a high standard of care. My mother has now been a resident for two years and at no time have I registered any lapse in standards. I would recommend Ranfurly to anyone considering a care facility.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

Due to my mum having several strokes, I had to take the decision to put my mum into a care home. I went to see Ranfurly Care home with no appointment and was very impressed by the staff and management. My mum went into Ranfurly on 2nd March 2016 and although very daunting for both her and myself the staff made her feel very welcome and assured her that everything would be fine and if she needed anything then just to ask. We were allowed to personalise her own room which made her feel at home with all her personal belongings. They also re-assured me that my mum would be cared for and this made me feel at ease. The staff keep me up to date with everything that is going on with her personal care. She has now been in 27 days and I can honestly say she has settled in very well. I have been visiting her every day and every one of the staff are amazing. Nothing is a hassle for them under the immense pressure of the job that they do. I would definitely recommend Ranfurly Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Ranfurly Care Home responded to this review on 29 Mar 2016:

Thank you very much for your review. I'm really pleased to hear your mother is settling well at Ranfurly.

Ranfurly care home is home from home. Residents can furnish their own rooms with pictures, televisions phone (paid for by the resident) it is safe and secure. We are really happy and free from worry as mum has 24/7 care with great staff who cater for our mums every need. The staff are really fantastic always there to help in anyway no matter how small. The menu is excellent good choice of food and the chef will cater for everyone's needs. There is always something to entertain the residents, it's nice to see they don't just sit in a circle watching television ( I have seen that in other nursing homes) The residents in Ranfurly are lucky to live a very well run nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Ranfurly Care Home responded to this review on 16 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you are so happy with your mother's care.

Once my dad was diagnosed with Dementia the hardest decision we had to make when told he could not live at home was finding a care home for him. We had heard about Ranfurly through friends, my dad has now been resident for 3 years and it was our best decision, staff from domestic to care to nursing staff are amazing, nothing is a bother and we know dad is being cared for as if he were at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranfurly Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Ranfurly Care Home responded to this review on 29 Dec 2015:

Thank you for your feedback.

Submit a Review for Ranfurly Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ranfurly Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ranfurly Care Home