Baillieston Care Home, Glasgow, Glasgow City

Baillieston Care Home in located in North Lanarkshire and provides various different care tailored to individuals.

The home has comfortable lounge areas on both floors for residents to relax and socialise. Outdoors, there is a patio area for people to enjoy the fresh air and wildlife that visits the home.

Baillieston offers residential and nursing care for people living with dementia. The home can also provide more specialist care for complex needs. Baillieston not only offers care on a permanent basis but also has a respite service to give carers a break.

Residents are actively encouraged to personalise their rooms in a way which suits them to give familiarity to them.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Eric O'Hare (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Baillieston Care Home: click here

9.9 Baillieston Care Home has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.878)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Baillieston Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Baillieston Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.878 for Baillieston Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (160 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.878

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Baillieston Care Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 12 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Baillieston Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Baillieston Care Home

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

The level of care and dedication I have seen during my time here has been exceptional. Each and every resident is treated with the utmost care and respect, and their needs are always listened to and considered. I have never seen any disrespect towards anyone here during the months I have volunteered here.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 08 Dec 2017:

Thank you, Eilidh, for sharing your experience of Baillieston Care Home. We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time volunteering with our home and we are very grateful to you. Our number one priority is to treat each and every resident with the care and respect they deserve, with absolute dignity. Your kind words echoing these values are truly rewarding. Thank you once again. Have a wonderful day.

I have visited my sister in law, and the care and attention prior to her death was excellent.
The staff were very helpful and I was made welcome as and when I visited my sister in law.
I could not praise enough the staff and also the manager for their help and professionalism in their care for the people in their charge.
Overall I would recommend to anybody.
Over and above, a 5-star service.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 07 Nov 2017:

Thank you, Melvin, for taking the time to leave us your lovely feedback following your experience of Baillieston Care Home. We are pleased to hear that you found the level of professionalism and care provided to be of high standard. Your kind comments about the home and staff really mean a lot to us and motivates us to do even more. Once again, thank you for your feedback and for the recommendation. Take care.

My sister was in Four Seasons Care Home for over 18 months.
The care and attention she had received was 'outstanding'.
I could not highly praise from manager to all the staff enough, even to visitors everyone was treated as family.
I would certainly recommend this to my friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Margaret, for sharing your experience of Baillieston Care Home. We are truly humbled by your comments, which really mean a lot to us and describe exactly how we approach our care. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents. Thank you once again. Take care.

My husband has just come into the home. After looking at five homes when I visited Baillieston Care Home I decided this was the one for us. The home had a good feel about it staff very friendly and cheerful and helpful. The staff are always available and willing to help. My husband appears very settled.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 25 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Ann, for sharing your recent experience of Baillieston Care Home. We are delighted to hear that your husband has settled in well and we love having him here as part of our family at the home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your first impressions of our home and staff and we are pleased to hear it has been so positive. If there is anything more that we can do to help please feel free to ask. We look forward to your next visit. Take care!

The care my mum receives is second to none. The staff, including carers, nursing staff, domestics and management are fantastic. They have all got to know my mum extremely well and as we have had difficulty in getting my mum to eat due to her mental health, the staff go out of their way to make something that they know she likes, even if it's not on that day's menu. I could not recommend the home enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 18 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Baillieston Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. We appreciate the recommendation! Have a wonderful day.

Staff are ok and listen to you. The home is very nice, clean and friendly. Me and my brother in law enjoy visiting my sister who loves the home. My sister likes going shopping, sometimes goes out with others on the minibus and always happy when visiting. The manager is a nice man, always friendly and makes residents laugh.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 13 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Thomas, for sharing your experiences of Baillieston Care Home. We are pleased to hear that your sister is enjoying life at Baillieston, we certainly love having her as part of our family. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

I am very satisfied with the level of care my mum receives from all the staff at Baillieston Care Home. The staff are friendly and welcoming to both residents and visitors. They are trained to an extremely high standard and this is reflected in how they perform their duties. In my opinion, there is a happy relaxed environment which makes the care received personal and less institutionalised.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 11 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Terry, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Baillieston Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Recently we lost our gran who lived in the care home for many years. The care she received was amazing. The staff are helpful and friendly. Gran's room was comfortable and clean as was the home overall.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 08 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Emma, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Baillieston Care Home, where your Gran was well loved by everyone here at the home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care that your Gran received. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My mother has been in Baillieston care home for almost two years and I have never had any complaints. Staff are fantastic, very caring and friendly. Mum is looked after so well. The manager is brilliant, very hands on and very approachable. We as a family have definitely made the right choice

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Helen, for your comments about your recent experience at Baillieston Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My Mother has been a resident for four years and is very happy at Baillieston Care Home. The staff are very professional and friendly, taking time to interact with residents and visitors on a regular basis. There is a dedicated leisure and social organiser who plans trips out with the care home as well as activities in the house for residents. I would definitely recommend Baillieston Care Home to anyone looking for a placement for a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 31 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Barbara, for your comments about your recent experience at Baillieston Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

My mum has been here for eighteen months and I'm extremely happy with her care. The staff are great with her and nothing is a problem for them. I can ask anything and they will explain it to me. The manager has an open door policy at any time. The care and entertainment are second to none. They are like one big family.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 30 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Margaret, for your comments about your recent experience at Baillieston Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I am very happy with the care my mother receives at Baillieston care home. My mother is happy and content and always appears well looked after. I find the staff extremely pleasant, knowledgeable in their job and very supportive towards myself and my family. My mum likes to participate in the daily activities and enjoys going out on minibus outings.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 24 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Sarah, for your kind comments. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Baillieston Care Home was so positive. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you are so pleased with the quality of our care. Our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I couldn't be genuinely more impressed. No worries or issues in recommending this facility to anyone. Mum is settled, happy and content and this brings me and my family great peace of mind. She has regained a lot of her previous sparkle.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 21 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Alexander, for your comments about your recent experience at Baillieston Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care your mum has received. We are really happy to hear she has settled in nicely and become part of the family here at Baillieston Care Home!

The care and attention our mother receives from every member of staff are heartwarming. She is treated with dignity and love, always spoken to with gentleness and emotion. The food is a high quality and her tea always strong and sweet just the way she likes it which is important as she can no longer speak for herself.
Her personal hygiene is also of a high standard. As a family who visits often we too are listened to by each member of staff and are made to feel not only welcomed but this is also our home from home.
From the cleaning staff, care workers and medical nurses who work extremely hard. The manager has his door open at any time to help and reassure us as a family, when we leave our mother at night we sleep soundly as we know she is being cared for by people who treat her as family.
I do not have the words to express the admiration we have for all members of staff in this care home where they truly care for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Katrina, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Baillieston Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thanks again, have a fantastic day!

My mother is extremely content in the care home. The staff are excellent and very active in meeting her needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Baillieston Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Baillieston Care Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2017:

Hello, thank you for your positive feedback on your experience at Baillieston Care Home.

Submit a Review for Baillieston Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Baillieston Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Baillieston Care Home