Deanfield Care Home

40 Deanfield Quadrant, Penilee, Glasgow G52 4ES

Deanfield has an experienced care team who offer numerous types of care; these include nursing, convalescence, palliative care, respite and nursing dementia care. The team is also trained to help those with Parkinson’s disease, carrying out tailored packages to suit each resident’s well-being.

The facility, which has pleasant gardens and homely furnishings, is organised to suit an independent lifestyle at the same time as offering full-time access to a professional team. A sensory garden allows residents to make the most of the summer months.

Mealtimes are sociable occasions, though residents can eat in their own rooms if they choose, with the food menu consisting of freshly-made produce and tailored to personal taste and diet. Clients also receive a personalised, home-made cake on their birthday.

Carers strive for a service that supports personal choice, encouraging an active and interesting lifestyle, with many trips and entertainments organised.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Claribel Durairaj (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Deanfield Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Deanfield Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 29 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Deanfield Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.435 for Deanfield Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (177 Excellents x 5) + (143 Goods x 4) + (23 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 345 Ratings = 4.435

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Deanfield Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 1.000

9.4 Deanfield Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.435) from 29 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Deanfield Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Deanfield Care Home

I find the nursing care excellent. I am always informed promptly of any issues. Catering appears (from the menu) very good. The atmosphere is pleasant and recent changes to the physical environment is having a positive effect. The staff are warm and friendly. The manager is responsive. The entertainment assistant is positive, friendly and extremely good with the residents. More care and attention is needed for residents belongings. Bed linen and pillows need to be improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

My mum went into Deanfield in August 2016 a very agitated and often aggressive lady with Alzheimer’s but due to the support and dedication of the staff here she is now happy, contented and doesn’t want to leave her new surroundings. We as a family are able to relax in the knowledge that Mum is in very safe hands and with people who care for her as much as we do. She is encouraged to be independent and has the opportunity to join in many various activities. Communication between staff, residents and relatives is excellent, constantly getting updates on her welfare and what she has been up to. Staff know and understand my mum as well as her family do. All staff are so dedicated and go above and beyond their daily duties to care for and support the residents. There are only 3 people I would entrust with the care of my mum, myself, my brother and Deanfield Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife is in Deanfield I haven't found anything wrong. Management is the best. I want my wife's room to be locked when she is not in the room.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Me and my daughter's visit my wife on most days of the week and we help to feed her. My Wife is over two years in the care home currently and I believe she is very happy in her new surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

My father entered Deanfield Care Home in February 2017 at the age of 98 and suffering from dementia.
The staff and management take their tasks very seriously. A warmth towards the patients is really experienced in the home, a personal interest in the well being of the residents being very evident.

My father has settled in well and knows the staff by name. My view is that he is in very good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum is a resident in Deanfield and has been for the past 2 years. She was first downstairs in the dementia unit but had a few incidents where she hurt herself. So rather than move her, we decided, along with the care home, to move her upstairs where she seems to have settled. The staff are more than helpful and are all very nice when we come to visit and we feel as though they look after her needs as well as they possibly can.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

Mum had used the home for respite but became a full-time resident in January this year. For me, the home is located in an ideal spot to allow me regular visits but its main strength is its committed staff from the home manager down. All the residents are treated with dignity and get a high level of support and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff and management provide a continuously high standard of care to both residents and my friend, who has specialised needs. They are professional, dedicated, but also give that special gift of caring. I truly believe my friend's quality of life has generally improved and the carers have also extended his life by giving him the will and support to want to live. I do not think there is a greater gift. The staff have also allowed me to sleep at night as I know he is in the best place possible and I will never find words eloquent to thank them all. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 12 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is so lovely to hear such kind things about our staff and to know that your friends life has improved because of this. I'm sure you must have such peace of mind knowing that he is well cared for.

Staff very cheerful and helpful. Always keen to help.
Cleanliness of both resident and home is excellent.
The offer of activities is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 18 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments on our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

My brother and I are very happy with our mum's care at Deanfield. Always very clean and the rooms are lovely. The staff are all so friendly and hardworking. Mum is enjoying the food and chatting with other residents. She's had her hair done which she always enjoyed and for the first time in her life her nails done too. Thank you so much to all the lovely staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Simone Berkeley, Customer Service Advisor at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very very pleased with this care home. Can't do enough for the people they care for. The home is well looked after and the food is very good. Activities are great. Just can't thank them enough for the care that my husband gets.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 24 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I feel my mother-in-law is settling in well she seems very content. The staff working with her are excellent and very approachable and that includes all members of staff from the top down. The home keeps us informed of everything no matter how small. We tried a few homes before we settled on this one as it suits my mother-in-law's needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 30 Mar 2017:

Overall my experience is positive. My husband appears happy but I would like more attention given to his appearance as he was always a proud man. An example is - often when I visit after meal times, his jumper and trousers are strained. If staff are aware of this, they should change him. Also - more attention to his care plans especially for staff who are not familiar with him. Excellent activities co-ordinator.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 08 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and well-being is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mother has received excellent care from a dedicated team of care professional. All questions asked were answered fully and any requests were willingly dealt with. All staff are fully aware of my mothers disabilities and accommodate her needs. Although her dementia is advanced she is included in all organised activities. The staff make the time to keep her well presented by blow drying her hair and applying nail varnish.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 24 May 2016:

Staff are very attentive, albeit could do with extra staff. Am happy with the attention my husband receives, with appreciation.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Helpful, kind and considerate staff keep me up-to-date with aunties condition. They communicate changes in medication - and why - and are genuinely concerned about her well- being. She has a pleasant, modern room - a good range of social activities to join in with - food to suit her needs and visitors encouraged and well looked after too!

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall I am very happy with the care and service provided. I do feel that staffing levels could be better and this would provided more one to one care. Over weekend I have occasionally had quite a wait at the front door.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team

We find the staff at Deanfield to be efficient and caring people who look after our friend. She has Parkinson's Disease and is not able to move around the facility, and so needs assistance of the staff for toilet, washing and hairdressing. All this is done with great attention by the helpful carers. She has her own dedicated staff members, who keep me updated on her progress, or any illnesses. If we are on holiday staff will keep us advised and will phone us to let us know how she is doing. We think that Deanfield is an excellent facility with great staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 21 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Everyone is very helpful and the care is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I had my mums review in September of 2015. The review highlighted that my mums dementia had not got any worse, that it stayed the same, which was good to hear. I have always found the staff to be excellent in the way they help and support my mum, especially when assisting her with her day meal. My mum is always treated with dignity and I feel the staff always gives a 100% in the care that they give.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and kind comments of our home and will share your comments with the homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My dad spent a week of respite for my sister, who lives with him, to go on holiday. I visited him twice and was extremely happy with his care. The staff were genuinely friendly and caring and felt safe he was left in their hands. Thanks to all levels of staff involved from nursing staff to laundry and domestic services. The home was spotless. He must have enjoyed the food as he had gained some weight and even managed to get a haircut! Well done!! Will surely bring him back for future visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am pleased with the overall care of my dad as if something happens they phone me.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Deanfield Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your views of our home and will share your comments with the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am very happy with the overall care my Grandad receives. He is very happy and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

I'm happy with the overall care for my grandad, although some improvements can be made, for example I should not have to administer medication, although I havn't had to recently.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

I am happy with the care my husband receives and that they contact my family when something happens. Am am pleased that he is happy with his new home.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is in Montrose of Deanfield Nursing home. Her needs are well anticipated and the staff are only too happy to fulfil any requests. Staff are very pleasant and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

Excellent staff, compassionate and caring. Hard working and tolerant with residents with challenging behaviour.
They also maintain regular and close communication with families.
All staff operate as a great team. Very re-assuring.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad was very quick to settle here for a short respite break. He has dementia but was very sociable and happy and felt very well looked after by the nursing staff. The room was excellent, modern and clean and the room had its own television and comfy high backed chair and en-suite toilet. I have been well rested myself during respite time knowing the staff were so nice and friendly and dad was very content. Booked for a week and ended up extending to more than two weeks.

How likely would you be to recommend Deanfield Care Home? Likely

Deanfield Care Home was very good to my mum during the time she stayed there. The staff were very caring and very supportive to me and my family.

Submit a Review for Deanfield Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Deanfield Care Home