Campsie View Care Home

Campsie House, Canal Street, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow G66 1QY

Campsie View Care Home, Glasgow, Dunbartonshire

Campsie View Care Home is situated in a quiet area of Kirkintilloch which is well known as the Canal Capital of Scotland.

The home looks out onto the Campsie Hills and has pleasant views all around. It is located just a short walk away from the local parks and town centre which is perfect for residents who would like to explore the local area. For those who don't wish to go far, the home has two enclosed gardens which are a lovely area to spend with friends and families.

Campsie View offers a varied level of nursing care - whether this is just assistance with everyday living or more complex care needs. Care is always personalised to the individual and their specific needs.

All rooms at Campsie View have en-suite facilities and can be decorated to suit the tastes of the resident.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Katy Jenks (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Dunbartonshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 90 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Campsie View Care Home: click here

posted 06 Sep 2017

We have nursing beds and respite care available.

9.6 Campsie View Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.550)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Campsie View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Campsie View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.772 for Campsie View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (162 Excellents x 5) + (34 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 202 Ratings = 4.772

The 4.778 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Campsie View Care Home is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18 positive Reviews (90 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 18 Target = 0.778

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Campsie View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Campsie View Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

Have had a very positive and caring attitude towards any member of the unit my father in law is in. He himself can be aggressive towards staff, but find staff have a great rapport with him and can turn my father in law from nasty to mild in a matter of minutes. It's great to see him when he is in a great place chatting to the staff. Meals - he has good and bad times but is now putting weight on so he is in a good place, and staff are finding him in a responsible way. I have great faith in all the staff his room is kept well and he looks great.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Dementia in itself is not a nice and dignified way to end one's life and watching my mother in law succumb to it has been a long and hard journey. Since coming into Campsie View I have watched how my wife and father in law have relaxed and come to ease with the level of care and support she receives here.

I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the management and staff here as they go about their daily task and would not hesitate to recommend Campsie View to anyone wishing to place a loved one here.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Campsie View Care Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much for your positive comments about Campsie View Care Home.

I am very happy with the care that my Mum has at Campsie View, she is well looked after on all levels and we as a family do not have to worry about her. Dementia is hard enough to deal with for everyone concerned and to find a safe and caring place for your loved one makes all the difference. Very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Diane. It's great to hear of your positive experience at Campsie View Care Home.

Home very good. My wife is well looked after 24/7. The staff are all friendly and very caring. Very happy with the level of care given to her and would certainly recommend this care home to anyone. I can sleep comfortably at night knowing she is well looked after and safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, John. It's great to read your recommendation and your positive experience of Campsie View Care Home!

My mother has been looked after in a very caring way in all of the two years she has been resident in Campsie View Care Home. The family cannot fault the care home in any way. It is unfortunate that mum had a bad fall during the night when she injured the back of her head.
We are well aware it was no fault of the care home that this occurred. She was found promptly and all the possible steps were taken to get her medical attention as soon as possible. She was admitted to hospital but sadly died two weeks later due to other health complications. Given that our contact with the care home will now cease, I was keen to register at this point my complete satisfaction with the care provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

In my mum's recent illness the night staff of the care home showed first class care and thoughtfulness on dealing with mum and keeping me informed every step of the way resulting in her being admitted to hospital. Their quick assessment meant she got the medical care she needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are great here they do the utmost to make me happy. We go out lots we go shopping, for lunch, dinner we go to shows we have dates booked to go to the kings for musicals which I love. We go on day trips on the mini bus to Ayr Largs etc. I get takeaways every week the staff go and collect for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I love living at Campsie View all the staff are so kind to me they are my best friends, I go shopping for clothes all the time and out for meals, I get to order take away food when I want it and I even have sky television in my room, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else the staff are my family. I feel safe here and it's like a hotel I feel like I am on holiday every day

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I stay at Campsie View and love it it's not a care home it's my home where I have my friends. I go out every week to my club I went to before coming in and had a birthday here with all my friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Dad has settled really well into living at Campsie View Care Home. He loves the company and is really thriving in the social environment. The staff are all fantastic at caring for my Dad's every need and he loves the attention and care he gets daily. He is eating well and enjoys meal times. I am ever grateful to Campsie View for taking care of my dear Dad. Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Like most who are faced with a loved one being put into care, I was very concerned and worried for my fathers' welfare and happiness. I can honestly say that those fears were blown away with the exceptional care he is receiving at Campsie View Care home. The staff and management have gone out of their way to make his stay as comfortable as possible and try to keep up his spirits up on a daily basis. He has music therapy, which he really loves, and has his own pet rabbit, given to him personally. This is a lovely personal touch, as he adored and misses the contact with his cat. I take my hat off to the staff! Anyone who works in this field has an extremely hard task. The Campsie View team do it in a professional manner and most importantly, a caring attitude. Thank you for your continuing enthusiasm, compassion and support for my father in his time of need.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Campsie View is a home with very high standards, catering to all their individual residents, be it menus, activities, care or anything else. All I can really say is that I would be happy to place a friend or relative in Campsie View. A very happy, caring atmosphere with high standards.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find the staff very helpful and approachable and I feel very comfortable with my mother's level of care, I visit AT least once a week sometimes twice so I feel I'm in a good position to recommend this care home to anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Campsie View is a lovely place to be, lovely caring staff and management team who look at residents as part of a wider family.
Lots of activities within the care home and
Food is really good too and my mum has come on great since coming into Campsie View.
Highly recommended

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted to this home recently. Today was the first chance I got to go and visit her. I was impressed when I went in the door as it was secure but welcoming. The receptionist directed me to the lift and asked me to sign the visitors book. I went up in the lift which took me into a lovely day room. Plenty of natural light and a nice view. During my time there I observed what was going on with everyone. The standard of care and communication was really good. Some residents were being helped with their food and the focus given by staff to each individual was heartening to watch. Their choice and preference was catered for. The home looked clean and tidy. I had a query and the senior care worker imparted the information I needed. This visit has put my mind at rest about the level of care that my mother will receive. They didn't know I was coming, my mother was up washed and dressed and sitting comfortably in the lounge. I was even offered a hot drink while I was there.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Campsie View is a very bright and clean care home. Staff go out of their way to show you that they care. Coffee and/or tea as soon as you go in. Make you feel part of the Campsie View family. There is always something going on in the home from gardening to making different items. Staff are always smiling, singing and getting the residents up.

How likely would you be to recommend Campsie View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My gran was admitted to Campsie View Care Home for respite on 28th May 2015 and we were very impressed with her care that we decided to make it a permanent placement. We found that the level of care is very good and the staff are friendly and always ready to help with anything. They have a great understanding of her care needs. Everyone from management to care assistants are professional and nothing is too much trouble. When entering the care home you are greeted with a pleasant and welcoming environment that is always kept clean and tidy. When visiting my gran she always complements the food that she is given saying that it is always fresh and that the staff will help her chose something different if there is nothing that she would like to eat that day. Overall the stranded of Campsie View is excellent and would recommend to anyone.

Submit a Review for Campsie View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Campsie View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Campsie View Care Home