Mulberry Court

Gold Hill East, Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross SL9 9DL

Mulberry Court is a stylish, cosy and welcoming specialist dementia care home, situated within the village of Chalfont St Peter. The dedicated and enthusiastic care team take the time to get to know residents unique personalities to ensure that their care is tailored to meet their individual needs.

The home has been designed to support people living with dementia and won the Best Interior Dementia Design award in 2015 at the National Dementia Awards. An on-site French chef serves delicious and nutritious cuisine every day, suitable for a variety of pallets and appetites.

There is a lovely garden with ample seating which is ideal for spending time with friends and family or simply for enjoying the carefully created dementia friendly garden. There is also a busy calendar of activities on offer for residents to enjoy, organised by the dedicated activity co-ordinator.

Group: The Fremantle Trust

Person in charge: Kerin Smith (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Buckinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 28 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mulberry Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Mulberry Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mulberry Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.639 for Mulberry Court is calculated as follows: ( (99 Excellents x 5) + (38 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 4.639

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mulberry Court is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5.6 positive Reviews (28 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 5.6 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Mulberry Court has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.639) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mulberry Court?

Reviewer Connection to Mulberry Court

• Respite Resident/Service User

My husband needed respite care as we searched for a permanent home when he had been diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. The staff at this home were so kind and helpful at a very stressful time. In spite of being very busy, they always found time to talk with my husband and take him to the local newsagents to buy his daily paper.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My mother entered Mulberry Court in early September 2017. I had maintained her at home with live-in care for six years. I was not sure what to expect. I can only say that Mulberry Court far exceeded my expectations. If you had asked me a year ago how mum would be in a care home, I would not have been positive.

I have been astounded that my mother has not just survived but positively thrived in this home. She is more alert and engaged than she has been in two years. My mother, by the way, is turning 94 this June. They have taken her to the pantomime - we would not have attempted this. I cannot fault the staff- they are engaged and responsive and they take their lead from a stellar manager. The manager always goes, as do her staff, the extra mile. I am truly grateful for the peace of mind this gives me.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

I had the pleasure of joining the care home at a tea dance. It was a wonderful experience and so enjoyable for all. I want to mention the care and effort that went into getting my mother ready for her outing. Her carer had taken great care to help mum dress beautifully, hair, makeup and jewellery all done. She looked beautiful. Mulberry Court always go that extra mile. Thank you

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Excellent home and caring staff. Highly professional staff. Genuine care specialists for dementia residents and they are respectful and supportive of residents and their families.

Great communication and nice to know that your families are being cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

The staff were welcoming, polite and very helpful on the whole.
The general ambience of the home was very pleasant and homely.
There were only a couple of main meals I didn't care for but that was my own likes/dislikes. Medication was administered on time despite my pills being at irregular intervals.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Likely

What a wonderful home, my father-in-law came into this home over 2.5 years ago, we searched many homes and none met all our criteria except Mulberry Court. He fitted in brilliantly. He was treated both with respect and dignity the whole time he was there. He did not want to go into a home, but was so settled in Mulberry Court that we felt it was a really good decision.

He had Alzheimer's but had very intelligent and very high coping mechanisms. Great team, always going the extra line with the team, residents and relatives, with many opportunities to spend quality, fun time with relatives.

He was loved by all the staff. He spent a few weeks in hospital, then Mulberry nursed him until his death. We were supported throughout the whole end of life process with love and compassion. I cannot rate Mulberry Court high enough. It is small, personal, creative, loving and most of all a safe place for your loved ones. Thank you to all at Mulberry Court, you lived up to all our expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Excellent care which is well managed, with good staff who are caring. The facilities and general atmosphere are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Mulberry Court for approximately 2 and a half years. I have always been impressed by the dedication and commitment of the management and their team in the care they provide for my mother and all the residents. I believe that the size of the home and the number of residents is good, though I now understand how the needs of each resident vary enormously. Despite her illness, my mother appreciates the care that she received for all the team and I think that this is the highest compliment that they can receive.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

I visit one our Sisters weekly and sometimes twice weekly. Always, I am welcomed warmly, offered a cup of tea or fruit juice and sometimes cake and toast if the residents are having this.

I note that the staff deal in a professional, caring and loving way, showing a deep understanding for each individual resident.

Every effort is made to stimulate the residents - sing songs, quiz games, exercise, outings to farms, fish tank, river boat trips, annual holiday in Yarmouth for those capable of such an experience.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

I was terrified putting mum into a home however, she's been there for nearly three years now and it was the best move for her and us her children. Mulberry Court is a home from home. Mum is well cared for whether it relates to her health or her hair and nails! The staff are welcoming, caring and professional. Mum goes to tea dances, dementia cinema screenings, shopping and boat trips and the seaside to name just a few events. Life in the home (it is small about 20 residents max) is relaxing, safe, entertaining. Mum is loved there and apart from meal times, we can drop in whenever we like and we are usually greeted with tea and cake (made by the chef)! As the manager said to us at the start we are daughters again not carers.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

Excellent overall standard. Very good staff, seem to genuinely care about residents. Daily activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Mulberry Court? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident for over two years and has been very well looked after by very kind and caring staff. The rooms are well furnished and kept very clean. A good variety of trips and activities are arranged. I would certainly recommend Mulberry Court.

Submit a Review for Mulberry Court

posted 14 May 2018

If you wish to make an enquiry about any of our vacancies, please call 01296 737371

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mulberry Court

Kerin

Kerin Smith

Joined: 2018

“Mulberry Court is a very individual home. I have carefully selected my team as they share my values and those of Fremantle, about being focussed on building personal relationships with residents, being approachable and creative”.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mulberry Court