Cherry Blossom Care Home

Warwick Road, Walton, Peterborough PE4 6DE

Cherry Blossom Care Home provide a safe and secure care environment for older people living in Peterborough.

A team of qualified and professional staff provide nursing, residential, personal and dementia care within a modern home.

The home features spacious rooms, a cinema, tea room and quality furnishings to ensure residents remain relaxed and comfortable during their time at Cherry Blossom.

Owner: Alysia Caring Ltd

Person in charge: Sharon Almey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Peterborough City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 80 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Indonesian, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Open visiting hours

Parking available on-site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cherry Blossom Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Cherry Blossom Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 26 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cherry Blossom Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.799 for Cherry Blossom Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (265 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 309 Ratings = 4.799

The 4.375 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cherry Blossom Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16 positive Reviews (80 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 16 Target = 0.375

9.2 Cherry Blossom Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.174) from 26 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Cherry Blossom Care Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Very welcoming, friendly and always a smile.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have a friend who is looked after and cared for on the dementia floor. My friend and I visit our friend/neighbour on a weekly basis and tragic as the situation is, we look forward to our weekly visits. The staff are what makes Cherry Blossom Care Home what it is - the care team both male and female are patient, caring and very approachable. A difficult floor to work but nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Likely

Our experience of Cherry Blossom exceeded all expectations. The staff cared for both my partner's mother and father until sadly they both passed away. We cannot thank the staff enough for the care and compassion they showed, not only to my partner's parents but also to ourselves. The carers and staff really do go above and beyond the realms of caring. Thank you all so much once again.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

You are made to feel welcome the moment you arrive. They have a saying "This is not a workplace but your home and the staff make great efforts to treat each person as an individual". There are great activities on offer, wonderful quiet areas as well as the wonderful garden to sit in, all maintained to a very high standard. The manager runs the home efficiently and their door is always open if any issues need to be raised. I particularly like the Bistro Coffee Bar.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Likely

The moment we walked into the care home we were met with friendliness and kindness. Our Mum was moved from Mansfield to Peterborough and the staff made the move an easy process. We were able to choose the room we liked for her and move her personal belongings in before we went to collect her so that her move was not difficult or confusing for her. On arrival, staff members were so friendly and welcoming and already knew her favourite drink. Staff on the reception desk, management, care workers, cleaners and caterers have always greeted us with open arms and cheerfulness. Mum has been treated with the greatest kindness and dignity. We, ourselves, have been looked after during her illness as well, by being given meals, drinks and even hugs to comfort. All staff members are approachable and are able to help us and Mum. If a resident's buzzer sounds, the staff attend immediately. We have seen that no resident is left unnoticed. All staff speak to residents with the greatest respect and show interest in them personally. The home layout is clean, open and spacious. We see that our Mum is comfortable and happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

Taking the decision to bring my mother into a care home was the biggest decision I have made. This care home has made my initial concerns unfounded as her care and safety has been excellent. The team are friendly and approachable if we have any issues.
Keep up the good work and excellent service.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since moving mum from another care home, we have found a complete change in her. She is now full of life, happier and settled, all thanks to the staff in the 1st floor which makes all the difference. A big thank you for all the kindness mum has received which clearly has made a positive impact on her. Thank you again for all that you do. :)

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with this residential home for our aunt. She has a lovely room which is spotlessly clean. The staff are caring. Entertainment is provided regularly and there is even a cinema room. We were particularly impressed with the celebration laid on for the Queen's 90th birthday.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

After visiting my mother and finding her out of sorts I was pleased to be informed that the staff had already noticed. They then told me they had contacted the doctor to get her checked and see if medication was needed. I found it reassuring to be able to discuss my mother's condition with staff and find how well they are supporting her and her needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very impressive home. I was warmly greeted by all the staff. The atmosphere in this home is lovely, more like a hotel rather than an institution. I noticed a great deal of laughter and a great deal of activities being participated in by several residents. Absolutely wonderful and outstanding home, not to mention the marvellous bistro and cinema room.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very impressed by all aspects of Cherry Blossom Care Home. I visited the home and was warmly greeted by all the staff and the first home I have been greeted by a smiling receptionist. There is a lovely atmosphere, more like a hotel rather than a care home. I used the cafe/bistro with my friend and her mum which was very nice and was offered snacks. Cinema room is amazing with a popcorn machine and a big screen. My friend's mum went in to watch a movie before we left.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum arrived at Cherry Blossom Care Home for 'respite' care with the family's hope that she might make the change to becoming a full-time resident. The first few weeks the staff patiently reassured her and made her feel secure and cared for in every way. I started to see the Mum I had lost in the last year and with the arrival of the new Entertainments Manager a couple of weeks later, I found that I was arriving to find an excited, active Mum who was thoroughly enjoying each day. The list of 'thank yous' is endless; the food is brilliant, the care staff are fantastic, the entertainments team are outstanding and Cherry Blossom Care Home is without doubt, the best run care home I know!

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been a resident for nearly a year, and in this time my family are more than satisfied with her care. We know she has dementia and is cared for so much better than we can. She seems quite happy when we see her but obviously, the conversation is limited. She enjoys going to the bistro and outside where she sees people likewise. Mum is very friendly and loves a chat, however limited.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Cherry Blossom are very welcoming and caring, they go out of their way to help the residents whenever they can. If there are any issues they are addressed quickly and very professionally.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother's review was very informative and professional. I agreed with all the opinions formed and decisions reached by myself and the nurse carer. I am very satisfied by the results.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Likely

This is more like a hotel and not an old folks home and I have visited quite a few in the past. We have our own private room with en-suite with large windows to look out onto our lovely garden. The staff are all so kind and helpful and always there to have a chat with. I would recommend Cherry Blossom to anyone in their later years.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot begin to describe the relief i have felt since mum moved into Cherry Blossom. The staff I have met are truly dedicated to improving quality of life and maintaining dignity. Mum has dementia and this awful illness has been very difficult to accept due a lot to my initial ignorance and probable denial! Here mum is well cared for, happy and content. I now have pleasant happy visits with mum and I am confident that she is in good hands. The nursing and care staff really "know" mum and are very responsive to her needs. I'd like to day a huge thank you to every one involved in mums care and all the staff at Cherry Blossom.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother who passed peacefully away on Christmas day, could not have had any better care. The staff were brilliant, and I cannot thank them enough for what they did. With so much bad publicity around, it is great to report five star care with a big plus. Highly recommend cannot fault. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

The Cherry Blossom care home is a modern facility, that has great services of a very high standard. The nurses and carers are lovely people and my family are very happy with the care my mother is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

In the short time my cousin has been in the home she has settled down very quickly and is very happy with the excellent service the staff give her. As guests we are always made to feel extremely welcome and nothing is too much trouble and any questions we may have are always answered truthfully.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

Cherry Blossom is a beautiful care home and the members of staff are very welcoming and so is the manager. I would recommend this care home 100%.
The care staff were extremely helpful and when asked for help were there straight away with assistance.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Grandfather has been in here now for 3 weeks and settled in so quickly, the staff here are fantastic and knowing my grandfather is having the best possible care is such a comfort. I come everyday to see him with my family and we are always welcomed by staff.
It is luxury here and the rooms are decorated lovely and it feels like home from home . I definitely would recommend this place to anyone, it's like a 5* hotel.
We can't thank you enough for looking after my Grandfather and my family every time we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has only been in this establishment for 2 weeks and we have seen a vast improvement. Everybody is so kind and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel that the home has the potential to be excellent. However at the moment it is still finding its feet, silly basic mistakes are being made and at times I feel the staff find family presence a problem. In time I believe Cherry Blossom could and should be the number 1 care home in Peterborough.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Home from home. Made very welcome good food, good company, very clean and comfortable room. I am very happy to be here.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Blossom Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Cherry Blossom for a couple of months and despite having respite previously in some nice homes this is the first time she has been happy to be away from home. The management and carers are extremely accommodating of her needs, the chef painstakingly prepares pureed food for her but keeps it all separate rather than one big mush, and the carers are working hard to get her mobility back. It is nice to feel safe in the knowledge she is being well cared for.

Submit a Review for Cherry Blossom Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Cherry Blossom Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cherry Blossom Care Home