Wellington Grange

Broyle Road, Chichester PO19 6ED

Wellington Grange is the newest of the Colten Care homes, purpose-built on the historic Roussillon Barracks site to offer the highest standards of residential and nursing care.

The home offers en-suite bedrooms across three floors. Each room is beautifully decorated and fully furnished with oak furniture and residents are welcome to bring their own items of furniture should they so wish.

Wellington Grange is a home full of character,the interior carefully styled with colour, art and pattern to reflect the local historic, cultural and natural attributes of Chichester.

At the home residents will find a therapy room, salon, library, cinema and study as well as a range of bistros and cafes to spend the day.

Mini bus trips from the home will run regularly to enable residents to enjoy a taste of the countryside or even the seaside, and on days within the home a range of thought provoking and enjoyable ways to spend the day are created by in-house activities team and the residents themselves.

Group: Colten Care Ltd

Person in charge: Clare Hall (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 72 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Wellington Grange: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Wellington Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 41 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Wellington Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.848 for Wellington Grange is calculated as follows: ( (414 Excellents x 5) + (72 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 487 Ratings = 4.848

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Wellington Grange is based on 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.4 positive Reviews (72 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 18 Reviews ÷ 14.4 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Wellington Grange has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.848) from 41 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Wellington Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Wellington Grange

• Respite Resident/Service User

Wellington Grange was exceptional I cannot fault it in any way. Lovely food, decor, communal rooms, bedrooms, reception, staff, care staff, hairdresser, nail bar and the Bistro deserves a special mention. In short a five star hotel.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Delightful atmosphere. So caring and understanding. Welcoming staff at all levels. Charming individual furnishings. More like a 'family' hotel. Menus so well thought out. Extremely kind all round. Treated as an individual!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with everything here during my stay. My room was comfortable and the activities and food were excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

My stay here has been good. I came here in need of rest and recuperation after an accident in my car. I received understanding and sympathy in a quiet and empathetic atmosphere which has helped to restore my confidence, though my memory is still affected.

My room is comfortable and well furnished in every way. The staff are all helpful and understanding and I am impressed with how much is organised for the invested and well-being of the clients. I would certainly come back should I need to and recommend the home to friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

June 2016 - understandably needing respite, my caring companion transported me to nearby Wellington Grange, a newly built care and nursing home. Being impressed, I booked 2 weeks respite and made the major decision to move in opposite the convenient life and looking out onto Oaklands Park, adjacent to the Festival Theatre.
My chosen furniture, from my dear flat for sale, fitted into the appropriate spaces in my new abode. My favourite pictures and photographs were duly and carefully hung, by our handy maintenance chap, to whom I now feel attached, through monthly checks of all equipment.
Appreciation is maintained for all the caring staff, as reflected in my poetry to be published for circulation around all 21 of the groups care homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Wellington Grange came to my attention because my uncle needed respite care immediately. I found the admission staff very helpful and sensible. They coordinated with the hospital very efficiently. The level of care on the nursing floor has been excellent. I have found all the staff very friendly and willing. They seem very caring and professional. I am grateful to all the staff at Wellington Grange for their kindness and consideration at this difficult and sad time for my uncle and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I have had an extremely thoughtful experience. Everyone has been really attentive. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I have had an extremely enjoyable time visiting a friend at Wellington Grange. The staff were excellent with perfect social skills. I would like to comment that the lady at reception was so friendly. The dining room assistant was really energetic and so professional during lunch. The food was delicious and he made the experience really pleasant. I felt that my friend was living in a place that I would also like to be in if there was the need.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Happy atmosphere. Excellent reception staff. Caring night and day staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I'm very happy here. I've enjoyed cruise week immensely.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Very high standard of facilities. Cheerful and pro-active staff. Excellent and appropriately varied food in the Bistro. Pleasant gardens for a stroll on a sunny day.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I was so happy and hope I was able to help a few people whilst there, as always tried to be cheerful. I greatly appreciated all your staff who were all so kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

From my date of arrival, I have received excellent care and attention. I can't offer any criticism.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I have been staying at Wellington Grange since the end of May 2016 and I have been very happy here. The staff are lovely and most of the inmates are lovely as well. We are fed and watered extremely well and activities are excellent. Very happy to be here but would rather be at home with my husband but that's not possible since he has died. Will stay here for the rest of my life. Family happy too.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Likely

It was a big step to take and I didn't like it at first but love it now. Everything is caring, good and lovely residents it's like a big family we all help one another.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Friendly approachable, reassuring comfortable and welcomed by all.
Enjoyable trips from Chichester. Good food.
Lots of thought and consideration went into the new building.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I have found all the staff very friendly and helpful. My room is comfortable and serviced each day and the food is enjoyable and adequate.
There are varied activities during the day and the outings are enjoyable.
The care and attention my husband received during his six-week stay until his death in April was all that I could have hope for.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I find the place outstanding. We are fortunate in that the building and furnishings are brand new. The garden is amazing after only 18months.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Wellington Grange is an excellent care home and the staff are exceptional. Always willing, smiling and patient. I feel very lucky to have been looked after by such kind, caring people. The building is more like a 5-star hotel than a care home and the garden is a delight. My only criticism is a lack of green vegetables and it would be nice to have a french dressing rather than mayo in a sachet.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

It was a wonderful, welcoming, clean, comfortable care home. I would say on a par with a five-star hotel. My friend, although has only been there four weeks is so happy, clean and comfortable. It is certainly a care home I could recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Having been here for two weeks I have been delighted with all the help and attention I have received by everybody here.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Having broken my arm and being unable to cope at home living on my own I was persuaded by a friend to approach Wellington Grange with a view to respite care for four weeks. This was so successful I extended my stay for a further three weeks. The care and attention have been superb and I have really enjoyed my stay and met so many nice people. I am sure I will return sometime in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Mum is staying after a long time in hospital before hopefully going home. She is loving it at Wellington Grange. Mum is gluten free and the chef has been very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I came into Wellington Grange for respite- post-operative care following a hip replacement operation at the local hospital. The care here has been very good indeed in all aspects and I would certainly recommend it to anyone with similar needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Several years ago, my wife suffered a severe stroke and after five months in hospital came home. I was her main carer for several years but in the end, I suffered a collapse which ended in both of us being here in 'Wellington Grange'. She sadly cannot read or write to any extent. We have both been very happy and have been very well looked after. The whole place is superb with a lovely garden. The carers here have been wonderful and loving and we shall miss them. Activities are more than plentiful and one's privacy is always respected. All in all, a very splendid care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

'Wellington Grange' is a beautifully appointed care home. My mother came here to convalesce after knee replacement surgery and she has received excellent care. All the staff without exception, have been kind, efficient and caring. The activities have been enjoyed by my mother on occasions when she wished to participate and were very varied and interesting. it has been very nice to visit my mother with other family members in such a lovely setting and to also be able to enjoy meals with her in the garden or beautiful restaurant.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Respite after an operation the care was excellent and I could not fault it in any way.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

From the very start, we were shown around by very open and professional receptionist being a weekend we were impressed. The atmosphere in this home was very welcoming the building outside imposing but the interior must be up to a five-star hotel!
When my sister took up residence the room chosen by us was clean, light, nice size with own en-suite facilities.
The staff at the home cannot be faulted in all areas we are most impressed. My sister needs a lot of help. There were two members of staff who went that extra mile. But all the staff make this home special.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Excellent, all round care with friendly staff who show a professional attitude towards residents. Wellington Grange is gives a beautiful surrounding with varied activities. Couldn't have chosen a better place for my rehabilitation, following surgery.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

My mum was one of the first people to move to Wellington Grange. It was hard for the whole family to have mum's care taken over. She was made very welcome and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. They made her room very homely and it is kept very clean. I can't fault the staff - they have been wonderful. To know mum is safe has been such a big relief. There have been some issues with food but they are being dealt with. Any problems we have - have been quickly looked at. Mum is gradually settling - but as a family, we knew it would take a while.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

I have visited two different parishioners in Wellington Grange in recent weeks. Every time I have been greeted by staff in a welcoming and friendly manner. The people I visit are clearly contented and happy with the care they receive and the compassionate and considerate attitude of the staff. The rooms are very clean and well cared for and the food is excellent. It feels like a hotel and the dignity and value that this gives to the residents is great.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Excellent in decor. Staff are very polite, friendly and caring. Facilities are amazing, lovely bright fresh clean light rooms. Food is hot and well presented and varied. Everyone you meet in the corridors say hello and overall its the best care/nursing home I have ever been in.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

My father has recently had to accept that it is time to move into a care home, a massive step for him and a stressful one. We needn't of worried as our contact with Wellington Grange has proved to be good. It did not do the hard sell (it's a new home and no doubt would like to have residents join them asap), but simply showed me round the home, it's features and fully answered questions to enable us to form our own opinion. Having decided to admit him, our next worry was his admission day. Again, Wellington Grange came up trumps, his room was ready to a very high standard, the administration was smooth, he was given a very warm welcome and treated as an individual. All of his views, concerns, worries etc have been dealt with properly and this respect has continued post admission. The Wellington Grange Internet page contains a set of company values - our experience of Wellington Grange has demonstrated to us that these values are real and not marketing words on a page.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

We were helped in every possible way to make my father's move to Wellington Grange as easy and comfortable as possible. Since his arrival my father (93) has received excellent care and everyone has made tremendous efforts to ensure he has settled in well to his new home, taking the time to get to know him and his personal preferences. As relatives, we have also been made to feel extremely welcome at all times. We feel very happy that he is in such good hands.

Excellent - no faults.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

The Wellington Grange Chichester has given my Aunt of 99 years of age a new lease of life. Lovely care/laughter and great nursing from your amazing staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Five star hotel - staff caring - nothing too much trouble. Food excellent, varied cuisine and ample quality. Many available activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Have watched the construction, opening and running. Most impressive and I could recommend to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Wellington Grange is the creme de la creme of care homes. A 5* plus home as good as any hotel but with personal efficient loving care. Newly built it smells of flowers and new carpets instead of ..... experienced in other care homes. The food is restaurant standard and tailored to individual diets and like and dislikes. A wide range of activities is on offer every day from mini bus outings, pub lunches, gardening, quizzes, beer and gin tasting, crafts and painting not to mention the cinema room with a great choice of films, the beauty and spa altogether perfect. There are cheaper homes but this one offers fabulous value for money.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

My husband was accepted as a resident from another care home and finds this one a great improvement on the last one.

How likely would you be to recommend Wellington Grange? Extremely Likely

Where do I start... I received a very warm and extremely helpful welcome by all members of the team. This was followed by every help possible which has continued throughout my stay. Staff could not be more cheerful or helpful. Activities are all very varied and the food is excellent, every meal feels like I'm visiting a 5 star hotel! The nearest to heaven on earth.

Submit a Review for Wellington Grange

posted 06 Apr 2018

Nursing & Residential Care Home

Recipient: Colten Care Ltd

Recipient: Colten Care Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wellington Grange