Ambika Lodge Care Home

28 Edith Road, Canvey Island SS8 0LP

Owner: Umika Trading Ltd

Person in charge: Liza Gines (Registered Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 21 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Hindi, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Visiting is open. There is a protected meal time in place. Please call the home or discuss your needs with the Home Manager.

There is ample parking on site for visitors.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ambika Lodge Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 10 (maximum of 10) for Ambika Lodge Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ambika Lodge Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.986 for Ambika Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (71 Excellents x 5) + (1 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 72 Ratings = 4.986

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ambika Lodge Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4.2 positive Reviews (21 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 4.2 Target Reached = 1

10 Ambika Lodge Care Home has a Review Score of 10 (9.986) from 6 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ambika Lodge Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ambika Lodge Care Home

Absolutely fantastic and amazing home. The staff are very kind, nice and helpful and the care is second to none.

How likely would you be to recommend Ambika Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Looking for a good nursing home which provides end of life care for a loved one is a horrendous task. We as a family wanted our loved one to receive a personal end to their journey, we were fortunate to have visited Ambika lodge.
I cannot put into words what an amazing home Ambika lodge is - I am from a nursing background so I am aware of what to look for, and aware of practices and procedures.
Every resident is treated as an individual, their every request is met. The personal care given is outstanding, every member of staff from catering through to management (who are the owners) are resident focused.
Families are also very involved in all decisions and encouraged by staff to talk, voice family opinions and given advice.
My only regret is that we're unable to get our loved one out of a hospital environment into Ambika lodge earlier, so they could have enjoyed more quality time there.
This truly is an outstanding home - and it is a home in every sense of the word.

How likely would you be to recommend Ambika Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Vic Bhowaneesing, Ops Manager at Ambika Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 05 Feb 2018:

It is very sad that we didn't get the chance to spend more time looking after your dad and getting to know you and Myra better. You are wonderful people and this in itself helps to bring the best out of others. Please stay in touch.

After a very long stay in the hospital, we were advised by the medical team to have my father transferred to a nursing home where he was to receive palliative care. With much apprehension, we found a nursing home on Canvey Island and that was when we were introduced to 'Ambika Lodge'.
I remember the day very clearly because I was so nervous and sad that it had come to this for my dad, but those emotions were short lived when we greeted by a friendly face and made to feel very welcome by the owners. The facilities were great and the whole place looked and smelt so clean. My dads' room just felt so right and perfect for his needs.
I can not praise all the staff enough, literally, ALL of them were just so lovely and showed my dad and us nothing but care, respect and compassion right to the very end.
I will always remember this place with such fond memories.

My dad was too poorly to come home and as they say "There's no place like home" but Ambika Lodge came a close second.

How likely would you be to recommend Ambika Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Choosing to have my father admitted to a nursing home for palliative care was by far not an easy decision, we almost didn’t walk in BUT the moment we entered and met the management we knew we were making the right decision. Ambika Lodge is run with care, professionalism, empathy and excellence. We couldn’t ask for better care. Everyone who works here is an example of excellent care practice. It truly is a home from home and nothing is too much trouble. My fathers every need was met and surprisingly so were ours. Whoever let us in (whatever their role in the home) was able to instantly update us on my father's wellbeing. It truly is a family team atmosphere. We were always greeted with a smile, a drink and the perfect level of friendliness. We always felt welcome and we actually did feel at home.
Every need was met, every box ticked.
We couldn’t have asked for better.
The place is also immaculate and always smells nice too!
Thank you to all who work here.

How likely would you be to recommend Ambika Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have the freedom to do more or less whatever I wish. The staff go the extra mile to meet my needs. They have a great sense of humour. This place is like home from home. My children love me being here and know that I am in safe hands. My laundry is always clean and right. You could eat off the floor, that's how clean the place is. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys.

How likely would you be to recommend Ambika Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Due to my condition, I am not able to participate in many activities, but my room is huge and I can spend the whole day there in comfort. The staff and management are lovely and accommodate most of my wishes ( when it doesn't affect my care).

Submit a Review for Ambika Lodge Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ambika Lodge Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ambika Lodge Care Home