Heathlands Care Home

2b Hatch Lane, Chingford, London E4 6NF

Heathlands care home is a modern purpose built nursing home for older people and for adults with dementia. Set within its own secluded gardens in a residential area of Chingford, East London, it is easily accessible by road and public transport.

Heathland provides nursing, residential care and respite packages. It is staffed by self-motivated and multi-disciplinary teams who are trained to provide specialist individualised person centred care to the residents, in a sympathetic manner which respects and promotes their choice, dignity and privacy.

Heathlands has all the facilities and comforts you expect from a modern building whilst retaining a warm homely environment - it is designed to reflect you and your lifestyle. All the bedrooms are en-suite, bright, airy and comfortable - many of which overlook the landscaped gardens.

Group: Canford Healthcare

Person in charge: Debbie Adams (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Waltham Forest Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 84 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour

Admission Information: Ages from 50 to 120.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Heathlands Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Heathlands Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Heathlands Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.552 for Heathlands Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (135 Excellents x 5) + (56 Goods x 4) + (19 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 210 Ratings = 4.552

The 4.655 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Heathlands Care Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16.8 positive Reviews (84 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 16.8 Target = 0.655

9.2 Heathlands Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.207) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Heathlands Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Heathlands Care Home

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

My husband was only in the home for 3 weeks prior to his demise. He was well looked after by the staff and he was kept very comfortable at the end. Thank you to the management and staff for looking after him so well.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother wasn't in Heathlands for very long as she was there for palliative care. The staff did everything they could to make her comfortable and to try to get her to eat and drink. Everyone who worked there was nice to me too.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Likely

All of the staff are very caring, obviously some go the extra mile but, alas, this is what you find in all walks of life.
One criticism is there is no continuity of staff. I believe it is more beneficial for the resident and next of kin to have continuity, as they get used to the residents likes and dislikes and from the next of kin point of view it is easier for them to keep you up to date. My understanding is they are working towards this goal. Having said all of this I would recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Likely

My sister only spent three weeks in Heathlands before she died, but during that time she received excellent care. All staff, without exception, were so very kind, caring and treated her with dignity. When she passed away, everyone was so sympathetic and caring towards us, her family, and sensitive too.

We had to make a hasty decision for a nursing home for my sister but we could never have chosen a better one than Heathlands. Everyone was excellent and the care perfect.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been looking after my wife at home for a number of years. Unfortunately, I was losing my way and so my wife went into Heathlands Care Home for a couple of weeks respite. During the two weeks, I realised how much better off she was in Heathlands. The premises are light and airy and user-friendly. The food is excellent. The majority of staff are terrific ie thoughtful, caring and friendly (although at times they are rushed off their feet). My wife is transferred from bed to chair on a daily basis and taken to the lounge. This arrangement, I was unable to replicate at home.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted to Heathlands Care Home in January 2017 for Palliative care. On his arrival, I asked him his opinion of the home and he said that he liked it very much. His room was very clean and tidy. All the time he was there, the staff treated him with kindness and dignity and nothing was too much trouble when he needed attention. The food was very good and freshly cooked on the premises. The staff on duty the night my father passed away were very attentive and supportive to both my father and I, as they kept checking on both of us at regular intervals.There were safeguarding issues regarding my son. The Manager made sure that my father was safe at all times, only allowing my son to visit when she was on site. The manager supported me during this distressing time and long after my father passed away. I am glad the last weeks of my father's life were spent in Heathlands and I would strongly recommend the home, as the Manager and her team are dedicated, professionals.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father in law was admitted to the care home in January 2017. At first, I was a bit apprehensive about him going there. When I visited and was shown around by the Assistant Manager I was very pleased that he was there.
I asked my father if he liked it and he said he liked it very much. The staff and management team were very helpful, knowledgeable and extremely professional. Nothing was too much trouble for them when I approached them to ask questions about my father.
There is a lovely garden and a roof terrace where the residents can sit in the warmer summer months. The food and care were exceptional, the home was very clean and tidy. I would like to thank all the staff for the care, respect and dignity in which they showed my father. I would also like to thank the Manager for the support and help she gave me and my father in law during the last days of his life.
Heathlands is definitely a 5 Star care home and I would definitely recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Heathlands Care Home is a clean, calm and welcoming nursing home. The manager and assistant ensure the smooth running of the home and deal with any concerns the residents/relatives may have with genuine interest and professionalism. The carers and nurses attending to my mother are always cheerful, helpful and carry out their work with care, compassion and respect. Management, carers, nurses and other teams on the premises all go above and beyond the call of duty. Mother is very happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into Heathlands early this year, this move was a necessity, not one of choice. The service and care that she has received has been second to none. All levels of staff show total respect and compassion to the residents and respect their dignity. My Mother now wishes she had made the move a few years ago and now classes Heathlands as her home. A big thank you to the manager and her staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother and I viewed this home in January 2017. My father was residing in Kent and due to ill health, he needed a nursing home, as we both live in London, we looked for a home close to us.
The manager and assistant manager were approachable, caring and understanding of our concerns, my father was reluctant to go into a home, as were we. But it's been an eye-opener, all needs and care have been met, from admission in February to date.
The carers are patient, calm, helpful, caring and cheerful.
We couldn't be happier, our minds are at rest knowing our father is content in his home

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Where ever I go I tell people how good it is, I didn't want to go in a nursing home but I am really happy.

Carers were superlative.
For the most part very helpful and very responsive at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Wonderful approach to clients with a holistic attitude.
Sensitive to clients needs.
Attentive and helpful.
The client was satisfied likes her home.
Both the shift coordinator and domestic were professional and sensitive.
Nice atmosphere.
The client is sensitive and needs TLC, and this is evident from my visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

Heathlands Care Home was suggested to us when it was necessary for my friend to be discharged from Hospital. From the onset, our experience was good. The home is bright and welcoming and our initial meeting was very reassuring. It was apparent that our friend was to be treated with care and compassion and her individual likes and dislikes, as far as we knew then, was to be respected. She settled very quickly, her room was always clean. Sadly, she wasn't able to enjoy the garden, but she enjoyed having her hair washed and set and the activities group always included us as visitors. We were always greeted by name and the fondness and love for our friend was very apparent. She enjoyed her meals and infinite patience was displayed feeding her. Her dignity was always respected.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I found the staff and management friendly and helpful, the cleanliness was excellent and the food was of a good standard. The rooms were pleasant but some could do with new carpets. I found that the staff treated residents with dignity and respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Likely

On Saturday 16th July 2016, I attended an event at Heathlands Care Home for the Queens Birthday. The staff were extremely welcoming and the hospitality was outstanding. Heathlands really made all of us feel at home and we cannot wait for the next event. My cousin is a resident here and is treated highly with dignity and respect and I would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

I actually visited heathlands for the first time as my cousin was admitted in the last week, The atmosphere was so friendly I could not ask for any thing more! The home is extremely clean and their is great support for residents, also relatives. There is such a fantastic welcome I couldn't ask for more.
The staff really seem happy so much so that I wouldn't mind a job there myself! Fantastic vibrant home I would definitely recommend Heathlands.

How likely would you be to recommend Heathlands Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted to Heathlands on Thursday 4/2/16 for end of life care as a result of Cancer. Prior to admission I had taken my mother to have a look around and to make sure that she was happy for my father to go there as she had been his carer for many years. Both Mum and I fell in love as soon as we arrived. The premises was spotless the staff caring, kind compassionate and most of all they looked happy they smiled when they spoke and made us very welcome we knew instantly that Dad was going to be in safe hands. Dad's care was 5*in all aspects of his care. When the end came on 16/2/16 the whole family were allowed to be there and we spent Dads last 24hrs constantly at his side. We could not have asked for better treatment we were able to see him pass away with dignity. The staff although there to check on Dad went out of their way to make sure that we were fed and watered in order that we could stay with Dad that meant a great deal to the whole family.

Submit a Review for Heathlands Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Heathlands Care Home