The Maple Care Home, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland & Teesside

The Maple is a residential and dementia care home located on Dover Road with great transport links and access to Stockton-On-Tees and Middlesbrough.

The home boasts tastefully decorated bedrooms with bespoke furniture. Every bedroom includes a flat screen TV, DVD player and mini fridge. They encourage residents to personalise their rooms with trinkets and ornaments.

Residents can also relax in one of the spacious lounges, enjoy the company of others over delicious home cooked meals from the kitchen team in their dining areas, or partake in one of the varied activities on offer. They also have an on-site hair salon for residents to enjoy a spot of pampering.

On sunny days, The Maple has a landscaped garden for residents to enjoy, with raised flower beds for a spot of gardening or seating areas for a cool drink in the sunshine.

The Maple is quite simply a great place to live.

Group: Knights Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jackie Rudd (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 63 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Pre-assessment/emergency admissions. Ages from 50 to 100.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £550 – £650 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Maple Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Maple Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Maple Care Home: click here

9.6 The Maple Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.586)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for The Maple Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Maple Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5.0 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.634 for The Maple Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (94 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 142 Ratings = 4.634

The 4.952 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Maple Care Home is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.6 positive Reviews (63 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 12.6 Target = 0.952

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Maple Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Maple Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

After having a major operation on a broken kneecap and being confined to bed in hospital, I was sent to Maple Lodge for care. I can't find the words to express or convey how well they looked after me. Every person who worked in the home treated me at all times with care, patience, and gentleness. They were very cheerful and encouraged me when I thought I was not improving. The staff worked very hard at all times. It is thanks to them I recovered in record time. They were not only my carers, they became my friends.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 21 Aug 2017:

Myself and the staff team really enjoyed your short stay with us at The Maple. Staff enjoyed their daily chats with you and are really pleased, feel valued you think so highly of them. We all wish you well and hope your recovery is still improving. Please feel free to visit us all at any time.

Just a small message to thank all the staff of The Maple Care Home for the care and kindness shown to my mother. We found it very difficult to give her over to you but you all looked after her fantastically. Massive thanks to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 03 Aug 2017:

Myself and the staff team would like to pass on our condolences to you and your family. It must be a very difficult time for you all. Your Mother was a lovely lady and will be sadly missed by us all. I am extremely proud of the staff team to hear the care provided is of such a high standard.

Two years ago we gave over to The Maple and its staff the care of our mother, which was very hard, but over this time we have been delighted with her care, she has been well looked after by all the staff. Every one of them deserves a medal. Unfortunately, my mother has now died but the palliative care she received was second to none. The staff have been caring and kind to both my mam and my family, and have looked after us all. And to each and every one of you, we would like to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Anybody thinking about using the service of a care home will not find one better than The Maple.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 01 Aug 2017:

Myself and the staff team would like to pass on our condolences to you and your family. Your mother was a pleasure to care for and will be greatly missed by us all. Thank you for taking the time to review our services at such a sad time, your kind words will make the staff team feel much appreciated and valued.

I recently received a copy of the unannounced audit findings. I appreciate that audits are required on care homes but the issues appear to be mainly paperwork not being up to date. All I can say is the staff in The Maple have got to be the best in this type of work. Nothing bothers them (which I am sure can't be the case) but they just get on it. They have a job that I am sure not many people could do, it is unbelievable what they cope with but they do.

The facility itself is really good as is the care service - meals, laundry services, trips out, hairdresser, dentist, etc. and entertainment when possible. They arrange medical care when required.

The audit findings are what they are but having spoken to a few of the staff they are "gutted" with the results. The report does not reflect what a great place this is for your family member. Other professional bodies have said this is the best in the area. You definitely get my vote on that for all you have done for us. Thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jun 2017:

Thank you, Steve for the great review regarding the care team and facilities we provide. Comments like this make the job worth doing and have boosted the staff morale. It is a pleasure to care for your Mother, she makes us all laugh and has a good sense of humour.

As my mother is only there for respite care for individual weeks per year, our visits are just for one hour or so. But in that time, I have found the staff very friendly and helpful and she has been placed in the same room, in the time she has been there which is good. Sometimes all her clothes are not collected, as they may be in the laundry but could be picked up later. Overall we're very pleased with the home, who always accommodate her at short notice whenever we need respite.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 18 Apr 2017:

Thank you for completing the review. It is always a pleasure to have your mother visit/stay with us for respite care. We look forward to your mothers next visit.

The rooms, staff and meals are great. I felt that I was really looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 09 Apr 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. Myself and the staff look forward to when you next visit us and hope you enjoy your stay again.

My mam moved into the Maple in April 2016 due to a decline in her dementia. She settled really well and is really well looked after. She treats the staff like family and is always laughing and smiling when we visit. I feel this is due to the staff and would like to thank for all the care and support given to my mam.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 31 Mar 2017:

Thank you for the kind words about the staff team. We are really pleased your mam is happy at The Maple, it is such a pleasure to give her the care and support she requires.

Cannot praise staff enough how they look after mam. The few times I have had to ask for particular things to be done they have been dealt with swiftly. Mother has her good and bad days either through illness or boredom. The home provides the looking after that we the family could never achieve. So overall the family are happy with mother living in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. Recently your mother has enjoyed some of the activities such as pub lunch, tea dance and we all took part in a quiz. Your mother showed her competitive side which really made it good fun for everyone.

Although I have recently placed a review, I feel compelled to write further praise for the care my mother receives.
So much so, she is now looking to make her stay permanent. I cannot put into words how pleased I am that she has made this decision herself, which shows the feeling of comfort and care she has.
Thank you once again to all the staff for helping her through her recent illness.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your kind words. Myself and the staff team are so pleased your mother has made the decision to stay with us. We will continue to provide care and support your mother requires.

The Maple is very homely and clean. The majority of the time the place smells fresh and it is very airy and far from claustrophobic. The staff are very caring and helpful and look after my mammy really well.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 27 Feb 2017:

Thank you for your kind words. It is a pleasure to care for your mother and the staff team really enjoy her company.

Unfortunately, I live some 75 miles from The Maple Care Home. This is a historical situation and I still work, so caring for my mother, who has numerous physical problems and thus restricted mobility plus serious dementia, is a challenge.
I am, therefore, particularly pleased with the role that The Maple Care Home provides, not just for the month under review, but every month. Overall, the facilities and staff are excellent and I would have no hesitation in recommending The Maple to any interested third parties. The festive season was excellent at The Maple, with something for everybody regardless of physical or mental capacity.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jackie Rudd, Home Manager at The Maple Care Home responded to this review on 17 Jan 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. It is so nice to be recognised for the standards of care we deliver. I will share this with all the staff team.

Since my Dad came here approximately 1 month ago he and us cannot thank all the staff here enough. Absolutely everybody has been so kind and welcoming. This care home has a wonderful atmosphere and my Dad is so very happy. He came for 2 weeks and decided to stay. The food is exceptionally good with plenty of choices and everywhere is spotlessly clean. In addition to all of this, all of the staff have also been to lovely to the whole family who came to visit and we feel part of a new family here. Words cannot express enough how grateful we are.

How likely would you be to recommend The Maple Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is a pleasure to care for your father. I will share this information with all the staff team.

Submit a Review for The Maple Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Maple Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Maple Care Home