Drovers Call, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire

Drovers Call pursues a relationship-focused approach to care, building strong bonds between staff and residents, as well as visiting relatives, alongside professional care standards.

A comfortable interior includes en-suite bedrooms, pleasant living and dining areas, while the home also organises access to numerous therapies that might benefit clients.

There is support for an active lifestyle as well as regular consultation to ensure provision remains up-to-date with requirements.

Group: Knights Care Ltd

Person in charge: Lisa Mcfarlane (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Huntington's Disease

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £570 – £700 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Drovers Call to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Nursing Care Single £570 – £700 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Drovers Call to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Drovers Call: click here

9.6 Drovers Call has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.614)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Drovers Call is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Drovers Call in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.697 for Drovers Call is calculated as follows: ( (114 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 155 Ratings = 4.697

The 4.917 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Drovers Call is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.917

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Drovers Call?

Reviewer Connection to Drovers Call

This is the second time my husband has been to stay at Drovers after a spell in hospital. The welcome (to both of us) was genuine and he immediately settled in. The staff (both old ones he had met before and new ones) are exceptional doing their very best to help him get his strength and confidence back. I think it takes very special people to fo this job of caring and they have them at Drovers. I am made very welcome when I go every afternoon and I know the welcome is genuine.

Very satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

It is very hard to put into words what a special place the Drovers Call Nursing Home is. Where to start? From the warm, friendly welcome and much-needed cup of tea when we very first visited the home, to the feeling of care and compassion for the extended family unit during our time there. The level of service and care has been constant and excellent. The staff, from the manager to the maintenance engineer, have been professional and caring and the home-cooked food has been delicious and lovingly prepared. Although not needed in our case, the activities for the residents are wide ranging and plentiful. I enjoyed coming into contact with several residents and during our chats as I came and went, they were friendly, happy and engaged.

ABOVE & BEYOND!!!

Thank you to the Manager and her experienced professional team at Drovers Call for the exceptional levels of care that were given to my father. I was recommended to consider Drovers Call by a trusted friend.

Initially reluctant to consider nursing homes I met the Manager at Doncaster Hospital to assess my father. I felt confidence in her judgement instantly, she clearly identified dads needs and with her warm, friendly and compassionate nature I knew this felt right.

At such a difficult time we felt supported in every way. I cannot fault how he was cared for, I want to thank every member of the team from the carers, nursing staff to the kitchen team and cleaners who were so respectful to my father, myself and my family. We were offered anything we needed, nothing was too much trouble.

Drovers Call was a perfect choice and I cannot thank them enough. 5-star service, it is important to me to make my experience known to all, thank you again for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

Lisa McFarlane, Registered Manager at Drovers Call responded to this review on 27 Mar 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to recognise the skills of all the team members. It is very much appreciated.

As a family we are happy and content with the care and consideration given to mums care, she is very well looked after. The care given at times goes over and above what is expected. We as a family have peace of mind and are content with the way the care of mum is performed.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

All the staff deserve a medal for the way they conduct themselves, for their kindness and their helpfulness. They are always there to talk to and I enjoy the activities, which are very varied. I particularly like the visiting 'PAT dogs'
There is everything you could wish for, for care. It is faultless.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

My husband was settled in well with his own en suite room and staff were attentive to his needs dietary and personal care. Staff are polite and caring and have a happy demeanour. Its obvious that the staff are efficient and available at all times for the residents. They spend time talking to them, the day is organised to a high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

I am delighted to see such caring and compassionate staff with a real personal touch. I have visited friends and relatives in many care homes but I can honestly say that I have never encountered such a personal touch. The manager has a true vocation for empowering staff and this shines through. On my first visit, a member of staff told me it was like a family. It really is. This is the best care home I have seen.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

Lisa McFarlane, Registered Manager at Drovers Call responded to this review on 07 Nov 2016:

Thank you very much for your kind words. Your positive persona adds a special something to our home!

Staff are cheerful and friendly and approachable home is clean and tidy and he eats well now. Never thought he would settle into a home life but he has and is happy there.
He joins in on all the outings and activities and enjoys them.
We know he is in a safe environment and is well cared for and is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Likely

Lisa Mcfarlane, Registered Manager at Drovers Call responded to this review on 24 Oct 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. It is a pleasure to care for your father. His smile and happy persona add to our home and staff morale.

Nothing is too much trouble for both the staff and management. My father is a resident and my mum was until her recent death. I don't know what I would have done without their support for myself and my father and family. They all feel like a part of our family and my dad is so happy in the nursing home. When my mum was dying, they were fantastic, feeding us and making a room up for us. Mum's funeral went from there and they prepared drinks for everyone. Brilliant!

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

Lisa McFarlane, Registered Manager at Drovers Call responded to this review on 04 Oct 2016:

I know you always praise the staff in person when you visit. Thank you for taking the time to formally recognise the care and support we provide.

Since my father came to this care home I have found the staff helpful and understanding of my father's needs. He has suffered many falls prior to his arrival and now the carers have been able to manage his dementia/problems very well. I am very pleased with the care he is now receiving and would like to thank the manager and all her staff for their hard work.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Likely

Lisa McFarlane, Registered Manager at Drovers Call responded to this review on 28 Sep 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the progress your father has made since residing at Drovers Call and the skilled efforts of all our staff.

My husband moved to Drovers Call after a bad experience in another home. He settled in and was happy from the very first. Unfortunately his condition has worsened and he is now end of life care. The compassion from all members of staff has been impeccable, he is calm and comfortable with no pain, this is what I wanted for him.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

Lisa McFarlane, Registered Manager at Drovers Call responded to this review on 29 Jul 2016:

It is so nice to be recognised for the standards we deliver. Thank you

My dad was sent here from another care home onto the secure unit. The care he is receiving is wonderful, second to none! I would highly recommend anyone using this care home because their loved ones will be treated with dignity and respect. Now my dad has reached end of life care, the support we have received has been amazing for him and my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Drovers Call? Extremely Likely

Lisa McFarlane, Registered Manager at Drovers Call responded to this review on 28 Jul 2016:

It was a privilege to care for your dad. I am grateful that you have taken the time to write such kind words. I will be sure to share this with all the staff. Thank you

Submit a Review for Drovers Call

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Drovers Call

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Drovers Call