Magherafelt Manor, Magherafelt, County Londonderry

Magherafelt Manor is a sixty-four capacity care home from Runwood Homes, developed to provide homely interiors and surroundings for older people with care needs, who are supported by a highly-qualified care team.

A spacious accommodation is ideal for versatile daily living, while being an excellent place for activities and entertainments, as well as dining on nutritious meals.

The home values its reputation within the local community and looks to keep up with key care sector developments, while being committed to personalisation.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Siobhan Conway (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northern Health and Social Care Trust (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Lift

Latest The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority* Report on Magherafelt Manor: click here

* The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Northern Ireland.

9.6 Magherafelt Manor has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.622)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Magherafelt Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Magherafelt Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.763 for Magherafelt Manor is calculated as follows: ( (121 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 156 Ratings = 4.763

The 4.859 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Magherafelt Manor is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target = 0.859

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Magherafelt Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Magherafelt Manor

Since my mother came to the Manor she has been very content and happy. This means such a lot to myself and family as she was not happy in rehab and it was soul-destroying to watch. The staff and management are always willing to put Mum's care and needs first, even when staff are busy, the standard of care remains good.
It is a pleasure to visit Mum as the staff are always very friendly. This is very reassuring to all our family, to know that staff has a friendly manner towards family. It shows that our loved ones are also treated with dignity and respect.
Food has a good choice. The room looks homely. At present, I personally would say the Manor is highly rated for their care to their service users. Long may this last.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

I am unable to visit on a regular basis but staff always contact me regarding appointments for my friend or should there be an incident regarding her.

When I have been at home at mealtimes they have been nutritious and if my friend requires being fed, the staff ensure she is assisted. If I have been unable to take my friend to an appointment, staff are always willing to take her.

Reception staff and morning staff are always courteous.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Likely

Staff are always very pleasant and helpful. Rooms are very spacious and airy. There is always a very calm atmosphere in the building.
My aunt is very happy with the food and the care.
Her only complaint is that the other residents don't talk enough to her (that is because her dementia isn't as advanced as other residents).
She has visited the cafe on the premises and enjoyed the 'sing song'.

Good home.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

I have found the members of staff very friendly and polite and my sister is very happy in the care home.
Her room is always very tidy and clean, the dining room is always very clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident in the home for more than three years. I am reassured that she is safe and well cared for.
All the staff address her by her Christian name and treat her with dignity.
As a visiting relative, I too receive a warm welcome from all the staff.
Her room and ensuite are maintained to a high standard. Staff pay close attention to her personal hygiene and appearance.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

My mother became a resident for respite following a stay in hospital. This was her first time in residential care and our family were concerned how she would settle in. However, when we visited we found the staff friendly, approachable and professional. The accommodation is modern, clean and welcoming.
There is always a choice of food at mealtimes and it is nutritious. Staff show a great understanding of dementia and are patient and caring with residents. Mum has settled in well and we are confident she is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

Excellent care and attention is given to Daddy, the complete opposite to what he was receiving in the last care home.
He is always clean and tidy and well fed.
The staff are very good to him and us. We are always kept well informed in anything concerning Daddy.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in Magherafelt Manor for over three years.
Very good and friendly staff, I have no worries where she is. The facilities and activities are good. However, Mum, as she gets older, is sometimes unable to make use of them.
Her needs are now simple.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

My experience of this care home has been very satisfactory. My mother has been treated by the staff with great care and respect. I feel that she could not receive any better attention. I find all the staff to be extremely helpful, pleasant and cheerful.
The building is very well laid out with good security measures and good parking facilities. Most importantly my mother has settled in well and is happy and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

As I am an only child and I live in England, I was extremely concerned about my mother living alone in N.Ireland particularly when I had calls about her going out wandering at night.
It has been a huge relief to get her settled in Magherafelt Manor where I know that she is safe, well cared for and enjoys the nice meals that are provided for her.
The manager and all the staff treat both my mother and myself like one of their own family and I greatly value the support they give me when at times I feel overawed by the situation. Both my husband and I appreciate everyone's friendliness when we visit.
As my mother is still active I'm pleased that there are regular activities for her to get involved in and she enjoys outings from time to time. It's encouraging to see that she has a big smile in all the photographs.
Although it would be more convenient to have my mother in a care home near where I live I believe that I would be hard pressed to find one that meets Magherafelt Manor's high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

My husband was admitted to Magherafelt Manor on 2nd July this year. From the moment we entered we were greeted by very sympathetic, pleasant and efficient staff as you can imagine we were very distressed and they made the transition as easy as they could for us. In the weeks that followed I was amazed by their professionalism their care of my husband and the residents under very stressful situations. As a retired nurse myself I found the atmosphere truly relaxing and the nurses and carers the most wonderful caring, sensitive, pleasant people, it was like home from home. We have four sons and their wives couldn't believe how nice it was. I have visited nursing homes in the past and Magherafelt Manor stands head and shoulders above them all, if the need arises again where he has to go into care again it will be the Magherafelt Manor.

How likely would you be to recommend Magherafelt Manor? Extremely Likely

The staff and food are first class. It feels like home and the staff are caring.

Submit a Review for Magherafelt Manor

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Magherafelt Manor