Cherry Tree House, Stockport, Greater Manchester

Cherry Tree House is a home offering expert nursing care with comfortable luxurious furnishings in a friendly atmosphere.

Designed to look more like a five star hotel than a traditional nursing home, each suite has several lounges, a library, cinema room, hair and beauty salon and a beautiful garden area.

There is a wide range of activities and entertainment on offer as the home aims to promote good physical and emotional health.

All of the care is provided by expert and skilled staff.

Each resident receives a personalised care package that is regularly updated to suit their needs.

Group: London & Manchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Pauline Parker-Moore (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 81 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cherry Tree House: click here

8.7 Cherry Tree House has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.736)

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Cherry Tree House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cherry Tree House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.427 for Cherry Tree House is calculated as follows: ( (61 Excellents x 5) + (21 Goods x 4) + (10 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 96 Ratings = 4.427

The 4.309 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cherry Tree House is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16.2 positive Reviews (81 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 16.2 Target = 0.309

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cherry Tree House?

Reviewer Connection to Cherry Tree House

My mum was a resident of Cherry Tree House from December 2016 until she passed away in July 2017. I cannot praise the care my mum received enough, the nurses and carers are a credit to their profession and very family- friendly too. On many occasions when we visited mum, her door would be closed indicating she was receiving personal care, we could hear the carers laughing and joking, talking and quite often singing with mum whilst carrying out their duties, nothing was too much trouble to them, they loved my mum and she loved them too and to hear her thank them and tell them she appreciated everything they did I knew it was meant from the heart. Never once during our daily visits did we ever see a carer who wasn't smiling. The home has the appearance of a 5 star hotel with lovely furnishing and modern d├ęcor and is immaculately clean. I would also like to mention the laundry, housekeeping and kitchen staff who also do a fantastic job. would I recommend this place? Yes, I would!

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Extremely Likely

My husband moved here only a week ago from another home we have settled in better than expected due to the kindness and support of all at Cherry Tree House. The activities provided are very good, the care he gets is very good, My only concern is the food, my husband is on a special diet and there is not enough choice for him as he can't eat pork either apart from that I am very happy

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Extremely Likely

My brother was a resident for the last 4 months of his life whilst suffering from end-stage Parkinson's disease.
During his residency, the patience and caring nature of the staff was self-evident and of great credit to all. As a family, we could not have wished for a more attentive approach to my brother's needs. Requests for assistance were carried out in a timely and effective manner. We would willingly recommend the establishment to others. Our heartfelt thanks to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Extremely Likely

My Mother stayed at Cherry Tree House in Romiley for over two years and was treated extremely well. She enjoyed living in Cherry Tree and all the nursing staff took good care of Mum whilst she was with them. The rooms are of an excellent standard with en-suite wet rooms which give a good quality of life, privacy and individuality.

The communal areas are good and activities are accessible to all. The managers and other staff gave valuable assistance to relatives and I did not have any problems whatsoever.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Extremely Likely

My Husband has been here for 3 and a half years and I am very happy with the care he receives especially over the last 12 months, as we have a good manager and unit manager now. The laundry and catering are excellent, my husband's clothes always come back pressed and fresh.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Likely

My father spent his last weeks in Cherry Tree House and I could not have wished for better. It was a distressing time for me: my father had Parkinson's Disease and needed a lot of care. After I left his room, I would often burst into the tears I'd been holding back during my visit. I was amazed at how members of staff stopped me to ask if I was OK, then listened as I tried to come to terms with the knowledge that my dad was not going to be around much longer. However I was deeply comforted by knowing how well my dad was being looked after by a genuinely caring and highly competent staff. My dad, who had always managed to be scruffy, was clean and tidy. He liked his own company, so sat in his room a lot, but that didn't mean he was alone. My last memories of my father are happy ones, because he was comfortable and as contented as his condition could allow him to be. It was the staff at Cherry Tree House who made that happen, and I will always be grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Extremely Likely

My Uncle lived at Cherry Tree House and whilst he was there he was treated with dignity and care as he had a chronic condition. The home is luxurious but at the same time homely. The care shown to my Uncle and my family was first class and the staff could not do enough. Thank you for looking after my Uncle.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Extremely Likely

Spending millions on a care home does not reflect on the care provided, may look like a 5* hotel inside, it certainly wouldn't have any stars for the care provided inside in my opinion and witnessed. It says on your website video, days out, many resident have not been outside for months unless they are lucky enough to have relatives take them out.
I will put satisfactory for some staff but this does not reflect them all, as I would also like to put very poor, this also goes for dignity again a mixture of very poor & satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Cherry Tree House? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Poor

Treated with Dignity: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

Submit a Review for Cherry Tree House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Cherry Tree House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cherry Tree House