Harrier Grange Care Home

Hawker Siddeley Way, Andover SP11 8BF

The Harrier Grange Care Home provides nursing, residential, respite and dementia care in high quality surroundings.

It aims to give residents an enriching and rewarding lifestyle, offering as much or as little help and support as desired.

Residents are looked after as individuals and their personalities and interests are taken into account, rather than simply providing for their care needs.

With specialist beds and luxury en-suite bedrooms, Harrier Grange Care Home offers a range of additional services and facilities, including a cinema room, piano bar, spa and hair salon, private secure gardens and an extensive activities programme.

For more information contact the care home to have a chat, book a visit or request a brochure.

Owner: Care Concern Andover Ltd

Person in charge: Kay Kelly (Care Home Director)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Harrier Grange Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Harrier Grange Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Harrier Grange Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.921 for Harrier Grange Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (199 Excellents x 5) + (15 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 215 Ratings = 4.921

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Harrier Grange Care Home is based on 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.2 positive Reviews (66 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 17 Reviews ÷ 13.2 Target Reached = 1

9.9 Harrier Grange Care Home has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.921) from 18 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Harrier Grange Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Harrier Grange Care Home

• Father-in-law of Resident/Service User

My father has been a resident for a few months and I am very pleased with his care.
They are getting to know Dad as an individual and encouraging him to walk more, but not pushing too far.
They keep us posted on everything happening with Dad, even if it's negative and what they want to do to resolve.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Both of my parents moved to Harrier Grange in September last year. The care has been exemplary. As a community nurse myself and familiar with a lot of Care Homes I would thoroughly recommend Harrier Grange. It is very well managed and the staff are lovely, friendly and always smiling. It has been very accommodating in meeting the individual needs of my parents. My father sadly died in January and both my mother and our family were very happy with the care he received. Harrier Grange provides such a homely atmosphere in a lovely setting.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Both my parents live in Harrier Grange. Although they have different needs, both are very well cared for. Unfortunately, my mum died a fortnight ago, and when she was ill our family were welcomed in. We were able to stay overnight as many nights as was needed so that we could sit with mum during the night or day, we were also fed!
We have a big family and all were made to feel welcome which was a great comfort to our dad. I can’t thank all the staff enough for their kindness and warmth towards us, I know they will miss our mum as they became very fond of her. Thank you all very much!

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My parents have been living at Harrier Grange for seven months. The home is as near to a proper home from home as they can make it and is light and spacious, with very nicely decorated rooms and residents are encouraged to make their rooms as personal as they want. The staff are friendly and caring and not only show an interest in the residents but also get to know their families. Sadly, my mother passed quite recently but the care and compassion she received from all of the staff at Harrier Grange were wonderful. We, as quite a large family, were allowed to stay with my mother as long as we wanted, even being given rooms for the last few nights. All the staff, from the kitchen staff, the housekeepers, nurses, carers, maintenance and management all took time to make sure we ate and sat with us for supportive chats and hugs, and our last days with our mother were made more bearable due to the kindness is shown, and we are grateful she spent her last months there with our Dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Harriet Grange is an amazing care home. The moment we walked through the doors, we were welcomed by management and amazing reception team and we knew straight away this was the place for my mom to spend her final weeks, the care team are golden eggs! Honestly after a few days it felt like our second home! We walked away every evening knowing mom would be cared for with 100% love and attention. We ended up sleeping overnight with my mom so saw how things run inside out! Even the maintenance man welcomed us and chatted to my mom. This place is above a 5* in every area, I understand how hard it is to ensure you make the right decision when leaving your most loved ones in the care of others, I can honestly say this care home is amazing and look after their residents like they are there own family, have a look around the minute you walk through the door you will get what I’m saying! Amazing and will never be able to thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I can highly recommend Harrier Grange Care Home.
My mum is 97 and needs care because of her skin issues and mobility problems. It's a pleasure to visit my mum at Harrier Grange with it's a warm family atmosphere. My mum is well looked after, nothing is too much trouble. All the staff are caring, friendly and well trained.

The nursing staff have already made improvements to my mum's various skin problems. I am kept well informed of any medical matters and the home also has specialist equipment at hand. The Christmas period has been amazing with all the varied activities arranged by the entertainments manager. Families and friends of residents can all have meals together, tasty Sunday roasts and Christmas dinners have been catered for by the chef and his team. The manager has been extremely helpful in many ways during the transition from respite to permanent care.
It's a huge thank you and very well done to all the staff at Harrier Grange Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my mother has been a resident of Harrier Grange she has received fantastic care not only medically but emotionally following the passing of my father. It is extremely pleasing to see how happy my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

We are very happy with the services in Harrier Grange, after visiting many homes before making our decision this was the only care home felt like a ‘home’ Harrier Grange smelt fresh, there was a lot of light and the rooms very well exquiped with ‘green’ views from all the rooms.
The service and care has exceeded out expectations. The cost is always an issue but when you have a parent or loved one in Harrier Grange the price well founded in the level of care, cleanliness and organisation.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My daughter was here for 6 weeks until she died and had the best care ever. She was treated with so much care and the food was excellent. I can't praise Harrier Grange enough and also the staff were magnificent. Well done to them all!

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

A brand new 5-star facility which is the best in the area. The management and staff operate above and beyond normal standards with care extending to family members (many)! If every care home in Britain copied Harrier Grange Care Home, we would have no worries for our elderly or end of life relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Harrier Grange is a wonderful place, light, airy and very modern, but instantly there is a feeling of warmth and friendliness. The staff make the residents very welcome and can't do enough to make them feel at home. Everything is very clean and my husband thought the food (and choice of food) was excellent (and he is very fussy). All in all a credit to all concerned and my husband would be more than happy to return.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My partner was fortunate enough to spend her final weeks receiving palliative care at Harrier Grange the managers and their team went above and beyond, providing my partner with outstanding, first class care and support. Towards the end, we as a family were able to stay with her 24/7 and were made to feel part of the family/community, nothing was too much trouble. The home is brand new and immaculate with exceptional state of the art facilities. A special mention for the nurses and carers who looked after my partner with genuine care and affection and the rest of the staff. I highly recommend Harrier Grange Care Home to care for your loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

This care home is very new, light and exceptionally clean. The staff are extremely caring and give the residents the dignity they rightly deserve. Guests are warmly welcomed and I would not hesitate in recommending Harrier Grange to anyone. I only hope if I should need a care home in the future it would be on par with this one. Thanks to all the staff, keep it up.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care home is excellent. It is very well managed and the staff do an excellent job all are polite.
It is clean and the rooms and facilities are fine. I am very happy how my mother is being looked after. I would most certainly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father required some respite care. Harrier Grange is gradually building resident numbers and staff, taking a careful and thoughtful approach to the care they offer. A new build, designed like a residential hotel, with stylish interiors and rooms. There's a hair salon - free for residents, as is Chiropody, transport and a cinema room plus a good programme of activities and outings. Laundry was done every day.

Other homes have a very oppressive feel but Harrier Grange is bright, cheerful with wide corridors and pictures and memory boxes. Main bathrooms are stylish but have all necessary equipment and the ensuites are perfect. There are also pleasant garden rooms on each floor where residents can sit. It is fully safe and secure and those with dementia are encouraged to move around and do as much or as little as they wish.

All staff - nursing, care, admin, cleaning, kitchen and maintenance - are welcoming and helpful and seem to develop genuine bonds with their residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I arrived at Harrier Grange at the end of April. I have found everything to be very good and I do not have any complaints. The staff are very good and very helpful to me. The food is very good and plenty of drinks, tea and coffee are widely available. We have been on some nice outings with the staff and the activities coordinator which I have enjoyed. I am in a wheelchair and my needs have all been met and escorted to a hospital appointment by a staff member. My room has a nice view and the amenities are excellent. My bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife stayed at this home for provided respite care whilst I was on holiday in France for a week.
From her reports and my personal observations, the establishment could not be faulted; the staff and organisation were properly orientated towards the needs of the patients. The general atmosphere was homely and friendly. We would not hesitate to encourage others to use this facility. In fact, my wife is anxious to make another visit!

How likely would you be to recommend Harrier Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

We arrived at Harrier Grange to a very warm welcome. My husband was soon taken care of and settled into an amazing room. By the time my son and I left he was cosy in his custom bed. He is beeing so well cared for and nothing is too much trouble. The staff have been continually liaising with me to make sure they are covering all of his needs. He has settled in very well and it is a pleasure to visit him in such a stunning environment. I am confident he will have all the care and support he requires to reach his full potential. From the staff I have also had support and kindness at a difficult time.

Submit a Review for Harrier Grange Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Harrier Grange Care Home