Hawthorne House

Jardine Crescent, Tile Hill, Coventry CV4 9QS

Hathorne House is a brand new care home in Coventry which provides residential care services for older people.

The home is comprised of two units. A unit for people with dementia and challenging behaviours and a private facility for those who are frail, including those that require end-of-life care.

Care home residents can enjoy excellent facilities including en-suite bathrooms and beautifully decorated living spaces, making them feel right at home.

The residential chef prepares a selection of well-balanced and nutritious meals and also caters for those who have special dietary requirements.

Group: St Matthews Healthcare

Person in charge: Rita Kaur (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Coventry City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 102 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Head/Brain Injury • Neuropathic • Schizophrenia

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £950 – £1950 Nursing Care Single £950 – £1950 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Hawthorne House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hawthorne House: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Hawthorne House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hawthorne House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.2 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.917 for Hawthorne House is calculated as follows: ( (55 Excellents x 5) + (5 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 60 Ratings = 4.917

The 4.245 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hawthorne House is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 20.4 positive Reviews (102 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 20.4 Target = 0.245

9.2 Hawthorne House has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.162) from 5 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hawthorne House?

Reviewer Connection to Hawthorne House

My husband was the first resident at Hawthorne House, having suffered with vascular dementia for some years before becoming too ill to be cared for at home. After we'd made the difficult decision for my husband to go into full-time care, my family and I viewed several care homes locally. Two of my daughters are nurses and they knew what to look for when deciding on the right place for my husband.
We were immediately impressed with Hawthorne House. Being new, the facilities were of the highest quality we'd seen. But it was the staff who made the greatest impression on us and this continued throughout the time my husband was there until he passed away, very peacefully in April this year. The staff took the time to get to know him and my family well; he was being supported by people who cared about him and us. We know my husband will be very missed by the staff, some of who came to his funeral. They made his illness and passing that bit easier to manage and my family and I will be forever grateful for that.

How likely would you be to recommend Hawthorne House? Extremely Likely

Mike Higginson, Director of Clinical Operations at Hawthorne House responded to this review on 18 May 2018:

Dear Ita, Thank You so much for your wonderful review it is greatly appreciated especially at what must still be a difficult time for you and your family.
Warmest Regards
Mike.

On our first visit to Hawthorne House it felt welcoming, all staff from domestic through to management took time to speak to residents and their families and they knew all names. They were patient, caring and nothing was too much trouble. I felt reassured knowing that my husband was being looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Hawthorne House? Extremely Likely

Mike Higginson, Director of Clinical Operations at Hawthorne House responded to this review on 10 Apr 2018:

Thank you so much for your review we are so pleased your experience with us was such a positive one, we will pass your comments to the team here.

My mother is being looked after very well at Hawthorne House. I feel she has settled in quickly. The standard of care is excellent. The staff are brilliant. I visit my mother most days. The choice of meals is fantastic and there is always plenty of options. All in all, there is nothing that I would complain about.

How likely would you be to recommend Hawthorne House? Extremely Likely

Mike Higginson, Director of Clinical Operations at Hawthorne House responded to this review on 25 Oct 2017:

Dear Lynn, thank you so much for your review of Hawthorne House I am so pleased that your mother is settling as well as she is and we will pass this review on to the staff team there who do such a wonderful job.

On my initial visit to view the care home, I was very impressed and made most welcome. Very impressed with the overall standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Hawthorne House? Extremely Likely

Mike Higginson, Director of Clinical Operations at Hawthorne House responded to this review on 14 Sep 2017:

Dear Jean
Thank you so much for your review it is really welcome and will be passed on to the staff team at Hawthorne House.

I have been amazed at what the service user has been doing on his days here. Brilliant. The staff are all so helpful, kind and thoughtful in all they do and make you feel so welcome. I feel very lucky that this centre has opened so near us so we are able to use it. Would definitely "sing it's praises" to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Hawthorne House? Extremely Likely

Mike Higginson, Director of clinical operations at Hawthorne House responded to this review on 10 Aug 2017:

Thank you so much for reviewing our lovely new care home here in Coventry.

Submit a Review for Hawthorne House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hawthorne House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hawthorne House