Barchester Gorseway Lodge

354 Sea Front, Hayling Island PO11 0BA

Barchester Gorseway Lodge, Hayling Island, Hampshire

Gorseway lodge is a beautiful purpose built nursing and residential home located walking distance from the beach. Finished and furnished to an extremely high standard offering a homely yet first class spacious environment with plentiful landscaped gardens and a lake with a water feature and coy carp.

Their dedicated and experienced team are passionate about providing quality care and specialist 24hr nursing that is an ideal alternative for those who no longer wish or are unable to manage at home. They empower residents to regain independence, choice and freedom in their lives in a safe and comfortable setting.

Their Memory-Lane Community specialises in innovative dementia care to enable every resident to thrive in an environment designed to stimulate and enrich their lives whilst giving families peace of mind and security. Gorseway Lodge's purpose build, secure memory lane garden had a water feature wind chimes and a feast for all of the senses.

Please don't hesitate to contact them for further information or to arrange a viewing, they're always happy to give tours of the Lodge and grounds at short notice.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Margaret Ndanga (Operations Manager acting as General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Gorseway Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 7.2 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Gorseway Lodge is based on 1 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 7.216 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.083 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 3.133 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 7.216 for Barchester Gorseway Lodge is based on 1 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.083 for Barchester Gorseway Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (3 Excellents x 5) + (7 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 12 Ratings = 4.083

The Quantity Score of 3.133 for Barchester Gorseway Lodge is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 1 Positive Reviews = 0.100

Excellent in all respects.

Submit a Review for Barchester Gorseway Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Gorseway Lodge

There are no jobs posted yet for Barchester Gorseway Lodge

Margaret

Margaret Ndanga

Job Title: Operations Manager

Welcome to Gorseway Care Community, my name is Margaret, and I am an Operations Manager acting as General Manager here at the home.

I am a Registered Nurse by profession, and also hold a BA (Hons) in Healthcare Management, and a Masters Degree in Community Health Nursing.

I have worked in a management role within the Health and Social Care sector for several years, and I am very passionate about ensuring that our residents receive a high standard of care.

Asok

Asok Nair

Job Title: Clinical Deputy

Jane

Jane Jenkins

Job Title: Home Administrator

I manage the Administration Team and its functions including Accounts, Personnel, Payroll and all administration for Gorseway Care. I joined Gorseway in 2000 and have over 20 years experience working within Administration and have an NVQ 2 in Customer Care and I’m also qualified to AAT in accounting. I give support to residents/relatives and social workers with any financial enquiries, I have a good relationship with all staff and I’m renowned for my dry sense of humour and integrity.

Outside of work I like to socialize with friends, but most of all I enjoy spending time with the two men in my life one being my husband and the other my four legged friend Patch who is a Jack Russell whose personality isn’t too different to mine, mad and will keep you on your toes.

Angeline Dench

Job Title: Activities Organiser

I’ve worked for Gorseway since early 2014. I have worked in the care sector for a number of years where I gained my NVQ2 and 3 in health and social care, I also went to night school where I studied to be a counsellor. I keep chickens for their eggs and very much enjoy cooking, I love theme parks for the fast rides, basically the faster they go the better!

Colin Parke

Job Title: Maintenance Manager

I joined Gorseway in early May 2014 as Maintenance Manager. I find this a very diverse and rewarding role. In my spare time I enjoy spending time on the water cruising around Chichester Harbour and surrounding waters in our small yacht with my wife and hurtling around with my youngest son in his International 14 sailing dinghy.

Christina

Christina Hummerstone

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Prior to working for Gorseway I spent 17 years as a full time member of quality control and audits for Marks and Spencer. This involved travelling around the U.K to various locations.

I then started at Gorseway as a member of the housekeeping team before becoming the Head of housekeeping.

I enjoy new challenges and help my team as well as helping other departments. The housekeeping team and I are responsible for the cleanliness of the home as well as the laundry. My team are dedicated, happy and enthusiastic. They take great pride in delivering a high standard so you can enjoy a restful time at Gorseway care. I am great socialiser and enjoy time with both friends and family.

Siri

Siri Young

Job Title: Scheme Support Officer

Following a career in trauma and intensive care nursing in Oxford, I moved to Hayling Island and joined the team at Gorseway 5 years ago. My role involves offering support and advice to the residents of the 75 Independent Living apartments on the site reporting or dealing with maintenance issues, liaising with healthcare professionals or calling the number at weekly bingo session. In my free time I volunteer as the fund-raising chair for the local lifeboat station and also enjoy gardening and anything connected with the Titanic and the 1970s.

Matt

Matt Arnell

Job Title: Head Chef

I’ve worked for Barchester for 18 months and enjoyed my time here at Gorseway.

I have over 15 years of experience working in kitchens, hotels, care homes, restaurants and bistros.

I also enjoy working with my kitchen team. We all want to give a good service to our residents and their families.

I work closely with Scott, my 2nd chef to create a balanced menu meeting the needs and requests of all of our residents. We also change the menus on a regular basis to reflect the seasons.

Outside of work I enjoy socialising with friends and family I have two children, Finley and Ivy and they keep me very busy on my days off.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Gorseway Lodge