Barchester Moreton Hill Care Centre, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire

Overlooking stunning views of the Cotswold countryside, Moreton Hill Care Centre has been completely restored to become one of the finest care homes in the area. Moreton Hill provides first-class 24 hour residential and general nursing care as well as expert care for those living with a dementia in a Memory Lane Community.

In addition to an incredibly homely environment, Moreton Hill Care Centre boasts a team of highly-qualified and attentive staff who really focus on the individual needs of residents, many of whom have been with the home for a number of years.

Whether you are looking for nursing expertise or a safe environment coupled with an extensive programme of social activities, Moreton Hill promises to exceed all your expectations.

Visitors welcome any time - a warm welcome always awaits you.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Ann Carter (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 61 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Full needs assessment carried out prior to admission. Ages 18+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Moreton Hill Care Centre: click here

posted 02 Feb 2016

Please contact Moreton Hill directly to discuss vacancies. Currently one Dementia vacancy and General vacacies available.

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Barchester Moreton Hill Care Centre is based on 20 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.279 is made up of 4.623 Points relating to the ratings and 4.656 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mother became a resident at Moreton Hill after initially going there for respite care on May 30th 2013. She had dementia and it was increasingly difficult to care for her at home. Moreton Hill is favoured with a wonderful country environment, located high on a hill with country views. As my mother was a farmers wife this suited her particularly well. The staff were all very friendly and caring, some of them really excellent and I was offered very good support as I struggled as an only child to come to terms with the loss of my mum to this devastating disease. Mum moved to Severn View dementia unit downstairs in March 2014 and this unit is particularly well set up to care for patients with dementia. She was loved and respected by all whom she met at Moreton Hill. I am very grateful that she could remain there until her death on September 21st 2014.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Moreton Hill Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Mother went into Moreton Hill care home for the winter, after 2 months stay she told the family she wished to stay and make it her home. She is very happy and so are all the family.

The home is clean, well furnished and welcoming. The dementia units are headed by the Team leader who is an excellent role model for her team of carers, who all genuinely care about the well being of their residents. The team of carers are patient and interact with the residents in a respectful and considerate way. Visitors are encouraged to call in at any time they wish and are always offered a cup of tea and an update on the progress of the resident. The Team Leader provides formal updates regularly and encourages discussion with the relatives on the care plan in operation, with record keeping appearing to be very well structured.

I found Moreton Hill Care Home to be excellent, after my first call to them that I needed help with a friend that needed care their response was very fast. I visited the home and within 24 hours my friend was in the home safe and well. My friend has now been in the care home for 18 months and she seems very happy, I also know that she is now safe and well looked after, she is doing well and just by looking at her now she is completely a different person.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Moreton Hill Care Centre? Likely

Throughout her time at Moreton Hill (the final year of her life), my mother was treated with care, love and dignity. She had been very confused and lonely when living alone prior to going into the home. The caring and stimulating environment of Moreton Hill transformed her and made the last year of her life happy and fulfilling.

Physically, the dementia living at Moreton Hill is rather shabby and disappointing. But in all human aspects the care given to my Wife could not have been bettered. She was treated , not just with dignity but with kindness and attention. And when she died, the staff gave a warm-hearted support to her family. We give Moreton Hill our gratitude.

My wife and I, most impressed by quality and caring nature of the home. This has taken a great weight off our minds.

My wife passed away in Moreton Hill and I will be ever grateful for the excellent care she received there.

My mother has been a resident of Moreton Hill for three years, but since we live in Australia we are only able to visit for a few weeks each year. I have been most impressed with many aspects of the home, particularly the friendliness and warmth of the staff towards my mother. This aspect of Moreton Hill is second to none, as is the wide range of activities offered by the activities team. Furthermore the management is most vigilant in keeping me informed of mum's welfare and progress. I would have no hesitation in recommending Moreton Hill to others.

Mother has Alzheimers and could not cope alone once we lost my father in November 2013. She has been staying at Moreton Hill since then, once over the shock of the bereavement (which she could not always remember and once reminded acted as though the news was brand new). The staff have been so good and caring with her. Her room is small but with a lovely view. she enjoys all the activities - especially having a sing and dance with her carers. She always seems content - and the staff are always welcoming to me and my sisiter. Ideal !

Be more selective when choosing agency staff, particularly when recruiting for night duty.

Mum receives excellent care and is treated with respect and dignity, in a friendly and caring environment. She enjoys the gardens and views and the activities. Visitors are made welcome.

Good quality care, peace of mind. Carers friendly and understanding to our mother's well being and needs, good food available and a cuppa on hand for visitors. Clean and bright environment. Visiting time - open - which to us is always useful. Good parking, great views, staff make it as homely as possible for residents.

Set in open country and surrounded by well tended gardens. Staff are excellent and caring. Food is like a hotel. Mum loves it there and is very well looked after.

I would recommend Moreton Hall to anyone who asked me.

Very good at answering the bell. Staff also are very kind and look after me well.

Everything seems good, it is well run, and staff are friendly.

Everything is really good. I would not change anything.

Staff are very kind. I love my room looking onto the courtyard where I watch the birds and enjoy the flowers. The food here is great.

I came here to live a few years ago. The home is very friendly,caring in every way. I am very happy here the staff looks after me very well indeed.

Submit a Review for Barchester Moreton Hill Care Centre

September 2010

Care Assistant

┬úcomp + free training + benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire

Registered Nurse (RGN)

Competitive + Full Training CPD (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire

Ann

Ann Carter

Welcome to the beautiful setting of Moreton Hill! I'm Ann and I am lucky enough to be the general manager of this wonderful home in the Cotswolds.

I am a Registered Nurse and have managed Care Homes for many of my 40 years in the Healthcare industry. I bring with me a passion for delivering first class care and now I have first class surroundings too!

The team here are exceptional and I am already very proud to be able to lead them and to motivate them to provide the best possible care for our residents. I have an open door policy and encourage staff, residents and family members alike to drop by for a chat at any time.

I have three grown up children who I am very proud of and outside of work, my time is taken up these days by 4 wonderful grand children!

Please enjoy reading a little about Moreton Hill but don't spend too much time browsing - why not just drop by for a coffee instead?

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Moreton Hill Care Centre