Moreland House, Hornchurch, London

Moreland House delivers quality residential care for residents who appreciate a relaxing and homely environment, alongside a holistic approach to their care needs.

While being an ideal location for a comfortable retirement, Moreland House also welcomes short-term care needs and works closely with local health services to assess requirements.

All care is tailored to the individual and set up to support personal dignity. Utmost importance is given to the care, comfort, dignity, privacy and independence of the residents.

Group: Abbey Total Care Group Ltd

Person in charge: Anu Jose (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Havering Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Moreland House: click here

9.3 Moreland House has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.334)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Moreland House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Moreland House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.434 for Moreland House is calculated as follows: ( (75 Excellents x 5) + (56 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.434

The 4.9 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Moreland House is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.900

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Moreland House?

Reviewer Connection to Moreland House

• Respite Resident/Service User

I arrived at the care home as a respite resident. The room allocated was large with excellent light with adequate clothes space and toilet within a wet room. My medical condition at the time included a full plaster cast on my right leg, my weakened physical condition made it impossible to stand unaided. I was unable to get on or off the toilet. They washed and cleaned me, making me feel welcome at all times with humour which we shared. My relations with nurses, staff and management was excellent from start to finish of my stay.
The food was excellent, tea, drinks available day and night. Entertainment well organised in lounge and garden. As my condition improved and I became fully independent, was discharged from hospital and physio.
I have no hesitation in recommending this care home and it would be my first choice should the need arise.

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Extremely Likely

Very very nice home. Lovley staff. My husband is very happy.

A one plus!

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Extremely Likely

My father was admitted to the Morland three weeks ago and so far we are very happy with the care and attention he is getting from the staff. We have found the staff dealing with my father to be very attentive and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Extremely Likely

I feel happy and safe here. The staff are very kind and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for 3 years. The staff are very caring and she has been well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise for Moreland House from the care afforded to my mother to the facilities, cleanliness and support of all. Communication regarding my mother's welfare is excellent. I am always informed of any changes or concerns they may have and keep me updated following the regular G.P visits.

Anu Jose, Manager at Moreland House responded to this review on 13 Mar 2017:

Hi Paul, many thanks for the review. We are trying our best to make everything excellent.

I am happy with the care my mother receives, they always react quickly if they see any problems and understand her needs. It is always clean and the staff are pleasant and approachable. Nothing is perfect but overall I find this a good care home and feel my mother is having the care that is needed for her condition.

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Likely

Anu Jose, Manager at Moreland House responded to this review on 07 Mar 2017:

Thanks Roger. It would be much appreciated if you could feed back to me on the areas which you are not fully happy with us, so we can try to improve and give you much more happier environment.

I came for two weeks and enjoyed it so much I've stayed two years!

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Extremely Likely

I visit my husband every day and although I do have to remind them of things from time to time I feel that my husband and his needs are looked after by kind and caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Extremely Likely

The care home is always very welcoming and kept clean. My husband is always treated with dignity. Meals are served promptly and there is a good choice. The staff at Moreland House are very caring and helpful. Agency staff are not always as attentive. Activities need to be increased and varied, this has been lacking.

How likely would you be to recommend Moreland House? Likely

My mum resided at Moreland House for seven years, she was extremely happy there, and as her health deteriorated the care, love and compassion that was shown to her was second to none. She passed away in Moreland House in January 2016, she ended her days in her room, with all her photo's around her, family by her side and died with dignity. This meant so much to my sister and I. The staff showed compassion and love throughout, we cannot thank them enough for this. The compassion shown to us also, was very touching and much appreciated.

Submit a Review for Moreland House

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Moreland House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moreland House