Bennett Lodge

Waterson Rd, Chadwell St Mary, Grays RM16 4LD

Bennett Lodge, situated in Grays, Essex, is a skilled care practice that looks after up to forty-eight elderly people who may have physical frailties or behavioural complications caused by conditions such as dementia.

Residents benefit from a private garden area and a location in close proximity to local amenities and transport routes, which allows for individuals to maintain as much independence as they are able.

Visitors are made to feel welcome and a friendly team of staff contribute to a pleasant and relaxing social atmosphere where effective healthcare can be carried out.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Rona Johnson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Thurrock Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 48 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Bennett Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Bennett Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Bennett Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.722 for Bennett Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (136 Excellents x 5) + (38 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.722

The 3.813 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Bennett Lodge is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 9.6 positive Reviews (48 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 9.6 Target = 0.313

8.5 Bennett Lodge has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.535) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Bennett Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Bennett Lodge

I was allowed to visit my mother anytime. The staff were always helpful. They made my mother feel at home. Any problems were solved immediately.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Bennett Lodge is a lovely, caring and friendly home which goes above and beyond to care for their residents, treating them with dignity and respect.
The staff, at all levels, are always caring, approachable and wanting the residents to be as happy and comfortable as possible, from Carers and Domestic, Maintenance, Activities, Care Team Managers and Admin, led by a lovely Manager and Deputy Manager, they are all very approachable and professional, wanting to help as much as they can. Keep up the good work all.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Having to place mum in a care home was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Once in Bennett Lodge it took some time for her to settle but with patience, care and support mum is now settled and happy and the change in her has been amazing.
Every member of staff always has a smile and time to chat to mum and me. I can now rest easy knowing my mum is having the best care from all the wonderful staff. All in all, I cannot fault anything.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

A big shock at first but now mum has settled it is very good. All the staff are the best very caring cannot fault anything at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

My husband was at Bennett Lodge for a year.
The staff are caring and looked after my husband as if he were their own relative.
He always had a beaming smile when they came to help him.
He was happy during his last days there.
And the last few days when he was very poorly, they were kind and caring and made sure he died with dignity.
Thank you to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

The home was welcoming and I liked the food. Bennett Lodge is a nice place to stay, I would come back here again for another short stay, I got on really well with all the staff, they were caring friendly and chatty. I was very happy during my stay and my wife was very pleased with the care I received. On my arrival I was greeted by name and the staff introduced themselves to me and made me feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother received excellent care as a resident at Bennett Lodge. Her Alzheimer's made it impossible for her to live in her own home alone, and her family were aware that she needed special care from people who knew how to deal with this awful disease. Mum had had a week of respite care at Bennett Lodge the previous year. Mum developed a great relationship with the carers there, and on the whole seemed happy living there. I know she could be difficult to deal with at times, but the staff always displayed patience and good humour towards her. They were also very supportive to me and any family who visited, it was their kindness and good humour that often helped me to cope with a difficult visit with my mother. The hospital would have been an awful alternative. The staff showed gentle compassion and care for a very sick lady, who became part of a large 'Family' there at Bennett Lodge. Your staff at that home do work very hard, and often under difficult circumstances.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

I was very apprehensive of placing my mum into a care home. Having visited Bennett Lodge and been escorted round the various facilities, I have no hesitation of leaving mum in their care. I have been introduced to members of staff as and when each of the carers come on duty. I know it's been said before about carers/nurses but these girls are angels. They give mum so much consideration and care that I am finally leave mum in what I know is the best of care. Bennett Lodge is home from home to both myself and my mum. Thank you all so much for taking care of my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Letting mum go to a care home 4 years ago was a terrible decision to have to make. You hear so many distressing stories. Her well being was all I could think about. But mum is happy and well cared for. The staff are always friendly, welcoming and helpful. The home is always clean and tidy. I couldn't wish for a better place for mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mums experience care can be nothing but good care from all the management and care staff at Bennett Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Manager and staff at Bennett Lodge very friendly and professional, not only providing care but will stay and chat to residents. Have a laugh and joke with them, for those who do not receive many visitors is great. My mother is treated with respect, dignity and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Our mum is in there. The care and surport she gets is great. When you ask the staff for anything its there. They treat her with so much love it makes it easier for us when we have leave her. We know she will be looked after.The staff are realy caring. When we go to see our mum we are always greeted by our first names which I find realy lovley it shows they care. and if our mum is happy were happy. You here about care homes which are not good. This one needs a gold star.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

I think the most important thing to say is, just how much my mother has improved since she has been here. My view on how the staff and management have shown the care and help which is needed has been wonderful. Even to the extent of helping us her children coping with the situation, giving us support and advice, making us feel relaxed.

Within a very short time my mother has not only accepted her situation but reminds us just how happy she is to be here. I don't know if you can understand how much that means to us.
It is a very difficult decision to take. So I can only say, that my opinion of Bennett House has got better and better as time has gone on. My heart felt thanks go out to all the staff and managers.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Extremely Likely

Staff are very friendly and helpful. My mother has had various falls and when I spoke to the management to have a bed/mat sensor in her room, which they done straight away after I spoke to them. Medical care has sometimes been delayed i.e medication but I have been advised this is because of doctors or chemist.

How likely would you be to recommend Bennett Lodge? Likely

My husband was looked after, whilst I had a short break. The staff were fabulous, the whole care was so good. He enjoyed all the food and selection, and said he would go again if he had to! Thank you for the service, so many bad stories abound, this home is very good all round!

Submit a Review for Bennett Lodge

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

Recipient: Runwood Homes Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bennett Lodge