Barton Lodge Care Home

Barton Common Road, Barton-on-Sea, New Milton BH25 5PR

Barton Lodge Care Home, New Milton, Hampshire

Barton Lodge Care Home enjoys spectacular sea views and takes pride in combining a boutique hotel environment with a 'Loving Care' ethos. The home offers the highest standards of residential and dementia care.

Situated between Highcliffe and Lymington on the edge of the New Forest, this beautiful home is surrounded by nature and landscaped gardens. With stunning views of Barton Golf Course, the Isle of Wight and the Needles, residents can enjoy their later years in the picturesque and peaceful coastal environment.

There is a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, spacious accommodation and highly trained staff who are dedicated to providing the individual loving care that residents require. A strong bond is developed with both the residents and their families so that a secure and homely environment is provided.

Total resident involvement is encouraged with comfort, care, dignity, choice, independence and security at the forefront of their philosophy.

Group: Manucourt Ltd

Person in charge: Julie House (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 48 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £650 – £1250 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Barton Lodge Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barton Lodge Care Home: click here

9.8 Barton Lodge Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.780)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Barton Lodge Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barton Lodge Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.78 for Barton Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (103 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 132 Ratings = 4.78

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barton Lodge Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.6 positive Reviews (48 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 9.6 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barton Lodge Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barton Lodge Care Home

I had been caring for my grandparents for the last two years. As my grandmother's condition worsened I was unable to care for my grandfather as well who has advanced dementia.
We were all very worried about him going into care, especially my grandmother because it was the first time they had been apart in their 68 years of marriage.
Our fears were soon forgotten after meeting and watching how the staff were with him.
The love, compassion, and understanding they show towards him was so great to see and he has settled into his new environment very quickly, which has made it much easier for us as a family.
I would recommend Barton Lodge and its brilliant staff to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Wonderful care home. My husband and I have been married 54 years and never been apart so was very hard for us. But my husband was now happy in the home which helped me cope with it.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband was only in Barton Lodge for 6weeks, he passed away in May 2017.
I would like to express my appreciation for the excellent care he received, the staff were always very friendly, helpful and courteous.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rizwan Walji, Operations Director at Barton Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jun 2017:

We are very sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Thank so much for your kind comments, which we will pass on to the staff. All the best.

Management and staff are courteous and kind. My friend is always in fresh clothes, showered and looks well cared for.
The food is good and presented in an appetising way in a sunny dining room, with fresh flowers on all the tables.
Most of all, there is a tranquil, friendly atmosphere throughout the home, which we think comes from the approach and attitude of management.
My friend says 'the nurses and carers are always lovely and very kind to me.'

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My 95-year-old mother has been a resident at Barton Lodge for the past year (she does not have dementia.) It took her a while to settle having always had wanderlust, but she now feels very much at home at Barton Lodge. The home has a lovely atmosphere, is spotlessly clean and is in a beautiful setting with stunning views. The staff are amazing, so friendly and helpful and any issues are dealt with immediately. The food is excellent with a varied menu. Knowing that mum is being so well cared for after struggling for some time in her own home has taken a weight off our minds and my siblings and I feel very fortunate that she is living in such a wonderful, caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rizwan Walji, Operations Director at Barton Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 09 May 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that Mum feels at home and well cared for. Wishing you and your family the very best.

Excellent care, happy place, nice manager and staff. Nice mixed collection of people. Nice bedroom and sitting rooms.
We are very happy to have my mother there.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is looked after extremely well and she is happy in her environment. This has given peace of mind to all the family. All the staff are very approachable and welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister was in Barton Lodge for a short while but when she was there, she was provided with excellent care and attention. The staff were very attentive and kind to her. Barton Lodge is very well run and spotless. I would not hesitate to recommend this care home to my friends and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Barton Lodge looked after my mother during her final weeks. They were truly outstanding in their level of care, the compassion they showed and the service they provided. The level of communication was excellent and I was encouraged to call as often as I liked.
I was always kept informed about mum and her condition. They also took the time to care about me and my own health issues. Thank you for doing something I would have struggled to do.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

When my mum came here two years ago she settled in very well. They catered for her dietary needs which is gluten free. The staff gave my mum a lot of care and support and treated her with great dignity. My mum has advanced dementia and her speech was next to none, but the staff were very patient with her and listened to her needs.
Sadly, mums needs have gone to the next level and she is leaving to move to intense care. Mum has enjoyed her time here, it is such a nice, light, airy place with lovely gardens to walk in and the lounge facilities are open and spacious. The staff are very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Barton Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

I'm comfortable here and I can be myself. I like the food in comparison to the other homes I have stayed. I enjoy my own company in my room which is very nice and I have everything I need.

Submit a Review for Barton Lodge Care Home

Top 20 Small Care Home Groups 2017

Recipient: Manucourt Ltd

October 2015

Food Hygiene Rating

Recipient: Barton Lodge Care Home

Date: Tuesday 20 Oct 2015

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barton Lodge Care Home