Tiltwood is a Surrey care home that offers accommodation for up to 50 elderly people with various stages of dementia, who benefit from an efficient and innovative service.

The home keeps strong links with the local community and also offers its facilities as a day care, which adds to a pleasant communal atmosphere and sense of homeliness.

As with all Care UK homes, Tiltwood believe in promoting personal freedoms as much as possible, adhering to an independent living policy that allows residents many opportunities within the local community.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Emma Fox (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Tiltwood: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Tiltwood is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Tiltwood in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.669 for Tiltwood is calculated as follows: ( (118 Excellents x 5) + (42 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.669

The 4.8 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Tiltwood is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.800

9.5 Tiltwood has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.469) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Tiltwood?

Reviewer Connection to Tiltwood

My husband was admitted to Tiltwood on the 29th Dec 2017. He is still being cared for and the care that he is receiving is second to none. The family are more than satisfied with all the care and attention he is obtaining. I and my family would recommend Tiltwood to anyone that needs special care in every aspect. I would like to add that all the carers that look after the residents give 101% to them.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

Residents/relatives are made to feel at home and part of a family as soon as they enter the front door. From cleaner to manager everybody extends a warm and loving hand to every resident, making them feel valued, secure and happy. They are encouraged to be independent and participate in a variety of activities throughout the day from dancing and singing, cookery, arts and crafts, exercises and many more. A number of external trips are also organised for those residents who wish to go, as well as relatives interested in going along.

I was extremely upset at the thought of having to move my mother into Tiltwood, however, that was very short lived as this is, in my opinion, the loveliest place she could be, which is largely due to the hard work and kindness shown by every member of staff who look after her. Everyone has time to spend with every resident, they are never too busy to sit down for a chat and share a laugh. I could not be happier with the love and care extended to my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My mother has been here for over a year now and we as a family are very pleased with her care. She is happy, healthy, loved and well cared for. The staff on the unit are amazing and must make a special reference to two ladies who run the unit so well. there is always such a positive vibe in there and the residents are treated with such dignity and love. There are two ladies do an amazing job in the day centre and mum has a lot of fun with them, doing varied activities. All the staff are lovely and it is a pleasure coming into see mum as they are so friendly. Thank you Tiltwood for listening to us and make mum as comfortable as you can.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My dad has dementia and doesn't like change, change makes him anxious. Upon being placed in Tiltwood, my dad has been calm and happy which was such a relief to me. The staff and management have been amazing, very compassionate and supportive on all levels of care.
I am very impressed and thankful knowing my dad is getting the care he now needs. I would definitely recommend Tiltwood to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

We have been delighted with the care my father receives at Tiltwood. He is quite obviously receiving top class care and is extremely healthy and happy. All the (permanent) staff clearly make every effort to go beyond the basic hygiene factors and make staying at Tiltwood a stimulating and enjoyable experience. We receive quality feedback on Dad's condition and the staff regularly make changes to his customised care regime. The staff have taken the time to get to know us, as a family, and we always receive a warm welcome to this clean, happy, well-organised home. Thanks to all the team from all of us.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My dad has been a resident at Tiltwood for over 2 years now.
Due to the extremely friendly and professional staff, he settled really quickly.
Since he's been there he has maintained, and in fact increased, his sense of humour.
We are so happy that we found Tiltwood and are so pleased the staff look after him so well!!

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My nan is in the second stage of her dementia and is unable to eat and drink like we would like her to - but the staff whom are patient and caring towards her, try so hard to keep her drinking and eating. I know the time will come soon when I have to say goodbye to her and the manager at Tiltwood has really helped me come to terms with this, so without the wonderful staff and the manager, I would be lost. They are all so fantastic and I thank them for all their help.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

Mum came to Tiltwood for respite, after a fall at home and a week in hospital. The staff encouraged Mum to eat and as a result she gained 1/2 kg during her 2 weeks. Mum settled well and afterwards, spoke of how good/kind the staff were. Mum said the food was lovely! - praise indeed from someone not eating well on arrival! Admittance/assessment was very smooth too and took the hassle out of a very stressful time. Mum is moving homes due to location needing to be nearer to me - no reflection of the care received!

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Likely

Living at Tiltwood, it's the best thing I have done. The people here are the kindest people I have met, most loving and caring people, nothing is too much for us and there is always a hug and a kiss when they come to me. I really want to live here.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law was in Tiltwood for three years and during that time she was looked after very well. The home was very welcoming, clean and bright. All the staff were very helpful and kind to my vulnerable and frail mother-in-law. She was very content in the home and it was because of a second hip operation within 2 months that we had to choose a more suitable nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted into Tiltwood last month after a few falls in her home. It became unsafe for her to go back there. We visited Tiltwood a couple of years ago with her in mind but we weren't very impressed, what a difference 2 years make. It has been redecorated throughout and the gardens are lovely. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and my mum is happy. Tiltwood has a warm 'home from home' feel. I am so glad my mother is there.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

In the last 2 years Tiltwood has improved so much. Much needed improvements have been made: carpets, curtains and furniture being replaced. The gardens look lovely now - a lot of time and effort was spent on them lately; all the pots of flowers look cheerful. New garden furniture has replaced the shabby old stuff. Staff continue to do sterling work in good humour. Food quality and choice is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My mother became a resident at Tiltwood this year and we could not speak too highly of the care that has been given. The staff are kind and caring and do everything possible to manage and care for the residents. The Manager, despite her busy role, always has time to speak to relatives and creates a lovely welcoming atmosphere. The residents obviously love her and attach themselves to her if she is walking about. Mum loves the home and would not want to be anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Tiltwood? Extremely Likely

My aunt has been a resident at Tiltwood for almost 2 years. I have found the home to be tidy, clean and organised during this time. My aunts care is good, the staff are caring and friendly, any small issues are promptly dealt with. I feel my comments are taken on board by staff, and management keep me informed about my aunts health. Family feel welcome when visiting, and we are confident that my aunt is well looked after in Tiltwood.

Submit a Review for Tiltwood