Whitegates Retirement Home

Westfield Lane, Westfield, Hastings TN35 4SB

Whitegates Retirement Home, Hastings, East Sussex

Whitegates Retirement Home is a purpose-built residential home for elderly people.

It is set in five and a half acres of countryside, providing residents with a peaceful and relaxing environment.

Fully qualified staff are on hand 24 hours a day to offer care tailored to meet the needs of the individual.

Group: First Care Homes Group

Person in charge: Clint Farmer (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 24 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £900 – £1100 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Whitegates Retirement Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Whitegates Retirement Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Whitegates Retirement Home: click here

9.6 Whitegates Retirement Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.647)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Whitegates Retirement Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Whitegates Retirement Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.647 for Whitegates Retirement Home is calculated as follows: ( (106 Excellents x 5) + (45 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 156 Ratings = 4.647

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Whitegates Retirement Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4.8 positive Reviews (24 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 4.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Whitegates Retirement Home?

Reviewer Connection to Whitegates Retirement Home

Dad went to stay at Whitegates Retirement Home when my sister and I were both on holiday. The care he received was 5-star. The staff were wonderful, the rooms comfortable and he really enjoyed the food and the entertainment. One of the things I really noticed was that the staff took time to interact with the residents and seemed to be genuinely interested and caring. While dad was at Whitegates Retirement Home, he became very poorly and was admitted to hospital. Upon discharge, he returned to the home to convalesce for 10 days and we visited daily. We felt he was incredibly well cared for and all his needs met.

How likely would you be to recommend Whitegates Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

Mum came to Whitegates for a 3 week respite period.
She has been really well looked after, she has eaten well, looks amazing, is calm, but also has been occupied every day.
Dad has been to visit on many occasions and joins mum for lunch, and he has been made very welcome.
We have really felt mum has been safe and looked after so we all could have some respite.

Mum went to Whitegates for 2 weeks respite care. Everyone was very kind and welcoming, it made it so much easier for me to leave her and she settled in quickly.

She enjoyed the stay - company, surroundings and food. The break did us both good! Mum is looking forward to going again.

Bathroom needs updating, at present unable to have a bath or shower.

I was very happy to leave my mother in the care of Whitegates Retirement Home knowing that she would be safe and well looked after for a very busy period in our lives. The staff are very caring, friendly and considerate. In general, the care home is very homely in so much as it does not overwhelm you with a feeling of being too clinical. All the patients seem to be very happy to be here. The home itself is very relaxing and situated in a lovely environment.

My mother aged 96 entered Whitegates Retirement Home just over two weeks ago and I have been delighted to find the staff all of them caring and helpful and knowledgeable. The food is homemade and delicious with a selection offered both for lunch and supper. Visitors can stay for lunch for a small fee and are always offered tea and coffee depending on the time of day.

On a visit to my friend, she said: "This home is a gift from God". I and other friends watch over her as she has no relatives and we take our responsibility very seriously. We are so impressed with the standard of care and concern are shown from important aspects - medication and dealing with doctors to personal contentment - hairdresser and hygiene. All things are given with the respect an elderly person deserves.

A close neighbour told me about his mother who has been in this home for some years and he was very happy with her care so when it became necessary for my sister to go into care two years ago, I thought 'Whitegates Retirement Home' seemed ideal and how true that has been. She is happy, healthy and well cared for. The dining is excellent, the staff kind and what is more, they make me welcome to visit anytime. She has a single room which is very comfortable and well-furnished with an en-suite. The nice thing about this home is: "it's not like an old People's home, it's like living in a top class country house hotel"! When the time comes, I hope there will be room for me!!

A friendly home, staffed by courteous, kindly ladies. Helped restore my equilibrium after a truly awful journey from Australia.

I planned to reside here as from 14.12.15 but had a fall, broke my shoulder, so came here a week earlier 7.12.15. They were ready for me in my room which was already being paid for, and the care received was excellent. I have had many friends visiting and they all said that I had made the right choice coming to Whitegates. Yes, it is quite expensive but so is everything these days! Of course there are sometimes domestic problems arising but by talking, only to the manager, in a quiet way these can be sorted. Every home and residence has small problems - all part of living and sharing with other people! Yes I am content to stay here.

This is a medium sized home, comfortable rooms, excellent food with excellent choice. Staff are friendly, caring and professional. Various activities are available together with some outings when appropriate and transport is available when required.

The staff always are very nice and take me for walks. The position of the home and my room are situated very well and the food is good.

I have visited many care establishments over the years and I was immediately struck by the warm, caring and friendly atmosphere in this retirement home.
The staff were all upbeat and chatted to the residents as if it was one big happy family. It was a joy to visit particularly during their seaside week where the residents had been given the chance to build sand castles and watch Jonathan Cann's Punch & Judy show which encouraged the residents to talk about their past seaside experiences. All in all a very cheery and lively setting for more senior members of our community.

Submit a Review for Whitegates Retirement Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Whitegates Retirement Home

Clint

Clint Farmer

Joined: 2014

Clint has over twenty years’ experience within the care industry in a paid and volunteering capacity. Clint joined the team at Whitegates in May 2014, I believe that the resident always comes first and we aim to deliver high standards of care and maintain their independence in doing so.

Stephanie Kemp

Job Title: Receptionist

Joined: 2015

I joined Whitegates retirement home in August 2015 as a receptionist, after being a hairdressing lecturer at the local college in Hastings for 9 years. I needed a career change and was lucky enough to be given an opportunity by Whitegates. My job role expanded within six months combining reception with administration. Within this job role I carry out an opened list of duties alongside helping to care for our residents. In co-operation with my day duties as receptionist / admin I am the homes hairdresser one day a week; this has enabled me to build a close relationship with our residents and understand their needs. I love my job as it is so rewarding!

Heather

Heather Symonds

Job Title: Administrater

Joined: 1994

I Joined Whitegates in July 1994 and during these 20 years I have worked as a Senior Carer, Assistant Manager and Home Manager. I semi retired about 8 years ago and since then I have worked as the Administrator. I love working at Whitegates and being part of the team getting involved in everything from maintenance to helping with the residents as well as my administration duties.

Aleth

Aleth Carrington

Job Title: Senior Care Assistant

Joined: 1997

I qualified as a midwife in the Philippines in 1987. I worked in Neonatal wards in the Hospital and also out in the community.
I joined Whitegates in 1997 as a care assistant and then became a senior care assistant once I completed my NVQ L3.
I believe in providing a very good standard of care to our residents, I particularly enjoy the satisfactory rewards received upon doing this.

Pam

Pam Cox

Job Title: House Keeper

Joined: 2002

I Joined the team at whitegates in 2002, I was originally a member housekeeping team, I assisted with care and also supper cook. I eventually became a full time carer and obtained my NVQ level 2 in Health and social care.
I an now the Head of House Keeping, I enjoy my role and like to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and infection control with in the home.

Julie

Julie Levett

Job Title: Activity Co-Ordinator

Joined: 2010

I decided on early retirement from a long career in product development, sales and marketing. I took a year off work and then joined Whitegates in a part time capacity as the first Activity Co-Ordinator they had employed. I see my role as ‘social care’ and, together with my colleague, Dana, we have introduced and developed a wide range of activities and social interaction opportunities for our residents, encouraging them to be a mutually supportive community within the home.
I particularly enjoy ‘one to one’ work and producing the home’s monthly ‘Activities Newsletter’.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Whitegates Retirement Home