Kimberley Court

Kimberley Close, Crantock Street, Newquay TR7 1JG

Anchor’s Kimberley Court, in Newquay, is a purpose-built home supporting up to 36 older people to live a comfortable lifestyle, as well as specialising in dementia care. It is located in a quiet area of the town whilst being within approximately half a mile of the seafront and beach.

The home provides a range of residential care services, including convalescence care; respite care; trial stays and long-term care for those who can no longer look after themselves.

The care team at Kimberely Court get to know individuals and work with them to organise stimulating activities which match individual and group interests, both in the care home as well as in the local community. Each customer’s individual needs are regularly assessed to ensure their care plans meet their lifestyle requirements.

Meals are cooked fresh and from locally sourced and seasonal ingredients where possible by highly trained chefs and kitchen staff.

Anchor received an award for Best Care Home Operator at the Care Awards in 2015. The group are one of England’s largest providers of housing and care for those over 55 years of age and they have more than 40 years’ experience as a not-for-profit provider of services to older people.

Anchor reinvest the money made into their retirement properties and care homes, to continually raise standards to provide a high-quality service to surpass customers' expectations.

Group: Anchor

Person in charge: Michelle Wray (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 36 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Kimberley Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Kimberley Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 25 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Kimberley Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.822 for Kimberley Court is calculated as follows: ( (252 Excellents x 5) + (39 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 297 Ratings = 4.822

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Kimberley Court is based on 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.2 positive Reviews (36 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 19 Reviews ÷ 7.2 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Kimberley Court has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.822) from 25 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Kimberley Court?

Reviewer Connection to Kimberley Court

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Following a hip replacement and increasing dementia, our mum had to make the transition from supported independent living to a residential care setting. I am sure like many families we were reluctant to make this decision but from the moment we walked into Kimberley Court we knew we had made the best decision for Mum. We have had previous experience of other residential settings with other relatives, and in our opinion Kimberley Court is exceptional. With a huge range of activities and social integration Mum very quickly settled. The staff are professional, committed and always treated Mum with kindness, dignity, respect in a very friendly and caring way. Most importantly Mum was happy there. Mum sadly passed away in April 2018, and the family can’t thank all of the staff enough for their love and support not only to Mum during this period but to the whole family.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

My mother Christina has now been in Kimberley for 4 years and we are so pleased we chose this home for her. At the time she went in she had dementia but was active. Sadly she has since had several strokes so is no longer mobile and struggles to communicate but the staff treat her with dignity and patience - we are so grateful for the kind care they give her. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kimberley to anyone that needs care. The carers really are kind and thoughtful - a lovely home. Like many people we were reluctant to move my mother into a home, but the staff made extra effort to make sure she was happy and she settled in quickly - we are really pleased we chose this home for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

With an on the spot tour of Kimberley Court by the manager showed it to be clean, tidy, well staffed and the rooms are of a good size with en-suite facilities. My mother has settled in well, the staff are friendly and helpful.
I now feel happy that she is in the right place and receiving round the clock care.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

My mother received excellent care in the 13 months or so that she was a resident. We were especially grateful for the care and attention given during her final days.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Having viewed a number of care homes in and around Newquay before my Mother was moved from the hospital into a care home, I can honestly say that none compared to the high standard of accommodation and care provided at Kimberley Court. In addition, the facilities provided for the residents and the caring attitude of the staff made us convinced that we were providing the best level of care for our Mother. All I can say is that If I ever need to go into a care home, I would happily go into Kimberley Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Our mum moved to Kimberly Court Care Home a year ago having been recently diagnosed with Dementia and Alzheimer's.
As a family, we didn't want to place our wonderful mum in a home but once we visited and settled mum in we were so impressed with the facilities, the incredible members of staff and the level of care which my mum received.
The care given to my mum and to our family was above and beyond anything we expected.
Our mum no longer lives at Kimberley Court Care Home, unfortunately, she passed away as a result of her dementia.
However, our mum was cared for, cherished and really given the best care possible thanks to the management and all the staff.
We have been supported and kept up to date with every step of our mums care and illness from Drs visits to fun events which happen at the home.
In our experience, Kimberly Court care home is outstanding in all aspects of delivering care. We cannot thank the staff enough for all they have done for our mum and for us as a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Kimberley Court is an amazing home, with lovely staff, I honestly can't speak highly enough of the amazing work the staff do.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

My mother moved in a month ago and the staff have been lovely helping her to settle in as she moved down from Kent to Cornwall. The home has everything my Mum needs right now. Food and the room are lovely and very clean. Mum gets lots of attention which has helped her settle especially as she is unable to speak at the moment having suffered a stroke. We are very happy we found Kimberley Court

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

The staff has been very efficient and caring both to our family member in the home and ourselves. Great service to our mum making her feel comfortable here and attending to all her needs. She has only been here for four weeks but is settling okay

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

My mother is well taken care of. The staff are very warm and friendly. Nothing can take the place of home or others' homes, but this is as good as it gets when it comes to care and more importantly kindness.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Very happy and delighted with the care my mother receives. The staff are amazing and care so much. The food is excellent standard a real home cooked food to restaurant standard.
It is a real delight to see the meals that are served to residents. Overall an excellent home from home care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

The staff are delightful, the food excellent and I would be quite happy to see any members of my family here.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Great care home. Always feel welcomed by the staff and the residents are always happy and well looked after. The staff look happy and the environment is clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

My wife as been a resident at Kimberley Court since May, were I found she has settled into the home very quickly. The staff are all extremely good and if asked to do anything they will do it.
Thank you for all you do for my wife Lesley.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

I'm a full-time musician from Cornwall and am most well known for making it through to the live semifinals of 2016's "Britain's got talent".

I was asked recently to attend and open Kimberley Court's brand-new "Dementia Street" and I got a chance to meet all the staff and residents.

The residents were simply beautiful. I was able to spend some time with an old musical legend and his wife while they told me stories of their past. I was lucky enough to share a few hours playing our guitars and jamming away... a real honour and a lovely gesture from the staff.

These are people that take pride in what they do. These are people that are driven to make a difference to the people who are unfortunate enough to have this disorder.

I'm looking forward to my next "drop in" to see everybody again and see how the new street has affected everyone.

Best wishes guys.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

I am delighted that my father has been able to live in such a good care home. Everything is done with the resident's well-being in mind which includes; the general environment and décor, the excellent staff and management, the catering and food choices and service, the entertainment and activities and the lovely garden and outdoor spaces. We are very lucky.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

I cannot find words that would praise Kimberley Court enough - the manager and her team are excellent and there are no negatives. My mum was sent there from hospital about five weeks ago for respite care and didn't really want to go into a home. Now she is so happy and said she would be in tears if she had to leave. The manager has worked really hard for this to happen for my mum as social services were looking to move her elsewhere. I cannot thank her enough. For my mum to be safe and happy and at 88 years of age, my mum deserves that and I could no longer give her the care she needed at home. All of the staff are excellent and really do care. It's not just a job so what more could you ask for. It will eventually give me my life back as well, although I really do miss her, to see her so happy and content is like winning the lottery - Kimberley Court is an excellent care home that you could recommend to anyone 100%+ and from the bottom of my heart I am so grateful to all of the team - they deserve every accolade.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Staff are always polite and keen to help with any problem. The friendly and pleasant atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

This care home is wonderful and such a lovely place for Mum to be, compared to her previous care home.

The staff are caring and friendly. The home and my mum's room are spotless, with no unpleasant odours. There is a range of activities and entertainment on offer.

There is a good choice of food offered at every meal time and the food is appetising.

I am confident in the care given here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kimberley Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

After getting used to what I now understand as the necessary regimes, I was impressed with the attentiveness of the overall care I was afforded.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

My experience over the past eighteen months that my wife has been cared for has been excellent.
We did have a couple of concerns about times of going to bed and being taken to the toilet, both have been addressed and work satisfactorily.
The medication when needed is put into place right away.
Getting my wife in her night clothes early is a very good idea and works well.
Her eating is rather slow.
I used to call her 'Dainty Dinner'. I understand she eats well and has many items of food she would never have had before.
Well done chef.
Many thanks to all staff members for their first class care.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

The atmosphere at Kimberley Court was good, cheery and calm. There appeared to be a good staff/service user ratio and staff members were quick to attend to the needs of residents.
The home was clean and had recently commissioned a café for service users.
Pro-active when it came to providing catering and activities and engaging with its service users.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Since coming to live at Kimberley Court, my relative has improved due to the care and attention he has received. There was little spontaneous conversation at first, but he now is talkative and aware of both staff and other residents. It's obvious that he enjoys his life now, he has choice about where to spend his time and what to eat etc. He is able to go out when escorted and enjoys such trips. I think he has become more tolerant to other residents less able than himself which is good and an improvement.

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

The staff take very good care of my Dad, he seems very happy in himself much of the time. The only little issue has been with communication when information about my Dad's health has not been passed on to me

How likely would you be to recommend Kimberley Court? Extremely Likely

Mum has come in for two weeks respite with a view to staying permanently, so far mum has settled in very well and we are hoping she will agree to stay permanently. The staff are fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. Many thanks

Submit a Review for Kimberley Court

Recipient: Anchor

March 2017

November 2016

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kimberley Court