Langholme, Falmouth, Cornwall

Langholme is a homely and versatile care residence, located in the popular coastal town of Falmouth and employing skilled carers to deliver person-centred solutions that protect the well-being of residents over the long term.

The service values the perspective of residents and their loved ones, taking pride in the strong reputation it has built locally for being both a friendly and professional service.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Langholme: click here

9.7 Langholme has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.738)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Langholme is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 34 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Langholme in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.738 for Langholme is calculated as follows: ( (302 Excellents x 5) + (93 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 401 Ratings = 4.738

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Langholme is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Langholme?

Reviewer Connection to Langholme

• Volunteer

My aunt came to Langholme in May 2017. She found the transition very difficult, fortunately, due to the dedication of the staff she is now very happy and settles, it's her 'home'.
She goes for walks, plays games, takes part in cookery and music therapy.
Our family are so grateful for all the hard work and commitment of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Very impressed with the care given to my mother. She is very happy with all the staff and also the food.
The stimulating activities e.g. quizzes, trips out, are very popular - and the musical participation particularly important.
Visiting entertainers and visits by children are also popular.
Langholme is fortunate in having a lovely garden which adds great pleasure when weather permits.
A warm welcome is always given when I visit. Staff are friendly and approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Recently refurbished to provide bright and cheerful surroundings. A lot of effort is put into organising daily activities to keep residents occupied and entertained. Staff are kind and patient. Food is varied and good. Regular use made of lovely gardens when weather permits.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

The health and welfare of all our residents is paramount so it is pleasing to see your feedback especially regarding the level of activity and entertainment at our home. Thank you for being able to recommend Langholme.

I have always found the staff and manager very helpful when I visit. Standards are very high in every aspect, however, my sister says that the kitchen does not quite reach this high standard as the food is only satisfactory and could be improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 12 May 2017:

Thank you for passing on such positive comments regarding the Home. We were disappointed to note that the food service has not reached the same excellent standards you have seen for the rest of the Home. We will review this with the Chef and will be happy to discuss this with you and your relative further.

I visit weekly to take a resident to a local cafe and shops.
Sometimes I assist with mini-bus trips.
Staff are always very busy, but are polite, helpful and cheerful!
There is a positive attitude and atmosphere, my impression is that residents are treated with dignity, respect, patience and a sense of humour!

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Likely

As a regular visitor to the Home, you have a unique perspective on the service at Langholme and we welcome your feedback. It is important that the staff encourage a happy atmosphere for our residents so we are pleased to see that you can see that in your visits.

Friendly staff; well-designed and purpose-built rooms. Good central location in the town, with a large area for residents' use. The care home has an active member of staff providing a range of entertainments and activities for residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 10 May 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to send you positive feedback regarding our service in Falmouth. We will ensure the team receive your feedback.

I cannot thank and praise enough the management and all the staff for their effort in providing loving and dedicated care for my wife, and for all at Langholme.

It is of great comfort for me to know that my wife of 66 years is receiving such excellent care and attention. My thanks to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

It was delightful to read that you have so much comfort and assurance regarding the care and attention your wife is receiving at Langholme. We appreciate that handing over the care of a loved one to others can be so worrying, so we are truly pleased that you are able to give such excellent praise to the staff team.

My mum settled here, at Langholme, almost from day one, which was beyond my expectations. Being greeted at the door on her arrival by the staff threw me into an emotional turmoil! What a lovely touch. She is treated with dignity and the level of care she receives is outstanding. Being able to visit whenever we like is very handy for us. Being able to freely read her records is an excellent method of transparency for a residential home. Mum is happy and settled so what more could a family ask for? There is always someone on hand to deal with any queries you may have and these are dealt with in a timely manner. This is a home which is full of love and so much fun! Daily activities to suit all needs. People move here to thrive in their environment in their later years rather than fade away in the loneliness of their own home. A choice which took us a long time to make, which we now wish we had made sooner. The food must be good too as I've not heard mum complain once!

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 08 May 2017:

Thank you for such positive feedback. We do realise that being made welcome when a loved one moves into our care is so important, so it was delightful to see that the care and support you and your Mother have experienced has left a lasting impression. We will ensure that the team are given this feedback in recognition of all their hard work.

My experience at Langholme Care Home has been wonderful. Everyone has made me feel very welcome and are genuinely nice, kind and caring people who know each and every client individually and make sure that their wants and needs and observed.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 03 Apr 2017:

Thank you such kind and positive comments regarding your experiences at Langholme. It is delightful to see that you feel so able to recommend this home with such an excellent rating.

From the very first visit to Langholme to look around to see if Mum would be happy there, we have had the best of help. At a very difficult time for us as a family, we have been treated with the utmost care and empathy, especially by the management team. Mum settled very quickly and really enjoys all the excellent activities on offer. Not only do they offer brilliant care for Mum but have supported me superbly through some difficult days. I have nothing but praise. Well done Langholme!.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Langholme, in my opinion, is one of the nicest care homes around. Professionally run with a dedicated friendly team of staff. Instantly made welcome on arrival my mother was soon settled in and is very happy :) I can't speak more highly of this care home and it's staff. A lovely garden to walk, sit and relax, outings and activities to attend. Peace of mind knowing my mother is genuinely cared for. Meal times look a treat and are well-organised, cleanliness and attention to details are high on the list, mum was in another home prior to Langholme (I now rest assured).

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 03 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your high recommendation regarding the team and the service at Langholme. We know how important it is to feel that your loved one is in safe hands in a home that gives you reassurance regarding the care and facilities provided. We will make sure the staff are given your kind feedback.

After coming here for many years I am always happy to help whenever I can. One resident always welcomes me, so that makes me feel good. The home puts on a lot of activities for the residents and so I like to join in with the residents - it makes us fete part of them and hopefully, they with us. Music plays a huge part here, especially the bongo drums. With a forthcoming garden fete, I will most likely take one of the residents outside. She says she will go it I go with her.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoying coming to Langholme to help our residents. Thank you for all you do as a volunteer.

I really enjoy visiting Langholme. Staff and residents all work together to make a lovely home.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 19 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your experience of visiting and volunteering at Langholme. We value the work all our volunteers do for our homes and we greatly appreciate the time and effort put in to add that something special to the lives of all our residents.

I volunteer at Langholme about once a week, mainly talking to residents and helping with craft activities. Often I'll assist on a trip out, such as to a cafe or the local flower show. The atmosphere here is always very pleasant, and I enjoy my visits. I've always been very impressed by the wealth of activities available, for example, I once came on a very sunny day, and because we couldn't take the residents to the beach, we brought a sandpit and shells in to show them - they loved it.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 23 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad to read that you enjoy your visits to Langholme and find our home very pleasant. Thank you for all you do as a volunteer.

My wife has been resident as a dementia patient for the past 15 months. I see her twice a week at least and have noted the high standard of care she receives. This is particularly relevant because for example, she wanders about the home at nighttime. Further I am aware that her personal habits and practices are somewhat below normally acceptable standards. Difficult situations are handled promptly and effectively. I am grateful to the home for all the care and attention which my wife receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 24 Jun 2016:

Our staff team at Langholme fully understand how important it is to reassure all loved ones of residents that they are safe and well looked after. Please be assured that our hard working teams take great pride in their work and therefore it was delightful to see that you are able to give such positive feedback which we will ensure is given back to the staff at the home.

Very friendly environment. I have no complaints.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 02 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you find Langholme a friendly environment.

Whenever I visit my uncle he is happy and staff are always polite. His room is kept clean to a high standard and food always looks appetising. The home is situated very near to the events square and this is ideal. If anyone of your loved ones need care I would highly recommend this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 01 Jun 2016:

We are delighted to see that you feel so confident in the service at Langholme that you would recommend the home to others. Personal recommendation is always the best measure of how well the home and its staff team care for residents. We will ensure that the staff team are made aware of your comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to pass them on.

My mum recently moved into Langholme and has settled in well. The home is well managed and staff are very kind and caring. The staff and manager always have time for us. Mum's room is lovely and clean and so is the home. The administration assistant is always helpful and polite. The gardens are well maintained and are pleasant to sit in. Food is homely and mum is happy living here. Plenty of trips and interesting activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 13 May 2016:

The management team would like to thank you for taking the time to express how pleased you have been since your Mother moved into Langholme. We will ensure that the staff receive your kind comments.

Mum went in to Langholme August 2015. It was very difficult admission as she has Alzheimer's plus is psychotic. I cannot praise the home enough for the way they have dealt with Mum through her psychotic period in December and also the kindness they have shown to me. She is now settled and although she doesn't really recognise me as her daughter she is happy. I can go away in the comfort of knowing she is well cared for in a dignified and caring way. All the staff are excellent and for this I am ready grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

It was a pleasure to read your comments and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed and positive feedback. We do appreciate how difficult can be when a loved one needs that extra support through difficult times, so it was reassuring to see that you have felt supported and that you are very happy with the level of care at Langholme.

I have been here for nearly a year now. Staff are caring, kind and my needs are met. My room is cleaned daily and domestics are very cheerful. Food is very good and plenty to choose from.
Although I chose not to join in activities very often there are plenty of choices and trips out. All staff and manager work very hard. If I have any concerns these are discussed and sorted.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 06 May 2016:

It is so pleasing to see that our staff team are able to give such a positive service, especially where they are able to demonstrate that individual choice is a priority. Thank you for your positive comments.

Very happy here, all staff are very good. All helpful, can ask for anything. Very clean room. Really happy with the management.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 11 Apr 2016:

It is so wonderful to see that you are happy with all aspects of the service at Langholme. Thank you for taking the time to give us your invaluable feedback which we will ensure the team are given.

Langholme is an excellent Residential Care Home. The staff are lovely and create a welcoming environment. They are kind, caring, supportive and professional. They treat the residents with dignity and recognise their individual needs. As the daughter of a resident I always feel welcome. I have confidence in the care my mother receives. I would happily recommend Langholme to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 08 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to give the team such positive comments. It is truly appreciated especially when we can see that as we aspire to ensure that all those in our care are treated as individuals and with respect, you are able to see this in respect of your own loved one.

My mum was assessed and moved from a very unsatisfactory home speedily and with great empathy. She has very complex needs which the staff took a lot of time and trouble to recognise and learn. They produced an outstanding care plan and were always prepared to sort out any niggles which arose. Specialist equipment was ordered to meet her needs and after many months of not leaving her room in the other home she began to join in activities and take a small part in the life of the home.
They were also very kind and caring of my dad who is 87 and was travelling over an hour a day there and back to see her. The manager was extremely patient and understanding and acted swiftly to put in place anything that was needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 04 Apr 2016:

We were delighted to read your positive feedback on our service at Falmouth. We fully understand that moving into a new home can often be a traumatic experience for the ones we love, and so it was very reassuring to know that we at Langholme have made this such a positive experience for both your parents. Thank you for taking the time to send in your comments which will be passed on to the team.

My father resides at Langholme and the home is great. Staff and management are always pleased to see us and they are all remarkable. The environment of the home is very clean and has no odours, in fact communal areas are spotless and so is dad's room. He is always invited out onto trips an there is always some sort of activity being held. My dad always says that he is happy and in turn this takes the stress from us. Keep up the good work Langholme.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 24 Mar 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive comments. The team at Langholme work very hard to make the home the best home it can be, so to see that you were happy to rate all the services as excellent will be reward in itself for the staff and we will ensure they are made aware.

My grandfather has been a resident in Langholme for 2 years. The staff are wonderful and go out of the way for my Grandfather. Nothing is too much trouble. The home always looks and smells fresh and my grandfather says its home from home. The manager is very approachable and kind and is always there with support on hand. I even rang her when I was worried during the night and she was very supportive when Grandad was taken ill. An excellent and fabulous team.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 18 Mar 2016:

Many thanks for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. We were so pleased to see how well you and your Grandfather feel cared for at Langholme, especially how you were able to describe how the Manager and staff team are so approachable. It must be so reassuring to know that your loved one is in such capable hands.

Staff are excellent - kind, caring and go above and beyond their duty. Excellent rooms.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and we will ensure that your generous comments are passed on to the team.

I feel very happy at Langholme. I like the food, the staff are very nice to me and I feel safe living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Don't know

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and we will ensure that your generous comments are passed onto the team.

Everyone looks after me. They are pretty good and I feel safe at Langholme.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

I feel very safe at Langholme and happy living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Your positive feedback is much appreciate and we will ensure that your generous comments are passed on to the team.

Amazing staff, friendly and welcoming great to be able to visit 24 hrs. Dad is treated so well with lots of support and dignity shown. Food is excellent standard. Great activities morn/afternoon and trips out. The manager is very approachable with any concerns we may have which are sorted out within hr/day. Langholme is like a hotel for the elderly. The carers treat each person as family and actually love visiting my dad at Langholme. When i get old i would so love to go into Langholme.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 17 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is so pleasing to see that you believe Langholme is a lovely home.

All staff are kind and caring. Rooms are clean. I fell well cared for and I can go to manager and she listens to me. Lovely home.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 16 Mar 2016:

We appreciate your comments, especially that you feel at ease and comfortable to go to the Manager should you have anything you wish to discuss. We will ensure our comments are feedback to the team.

Always something happening to keep everyone busy. Staff always have time for me and my family visit often. Very happy and caring home. I cannot fault the food always good menu.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback from those who we care for. We truly appreciate how important our meal service is, so thank you for positive comments regarding the food at the home which we will feedback to our catering team.

Langholme is a lovely and pleasant care home. Staff and management always listen to me and are kind. My room is clean and it is how I like it. Meals are good. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to provide your feedback. It was touching to see that you consider Langholme the best place to live and that you are happy with the support at the home.

My cousin moved into Langholme February 2015, she was made to feel part of a family right from the start. All the staff without exception have been kind and caring, it has made her transition into care home life much easier than the family thought possible.
The home itself is beautifully kept at all times, the rooms are bright, light and airy. This also extends to the grounds, lovely gardens one of which is completely secure for the dementia residents.
I can recommend Langholme full heartedly, I leave my cousin after a visit knowing she is being well looked after, and is completely safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Langholme? Extremely Likely

Maria Browne, Home Manager at Langholme responded to this review on 13 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to give such positive feedback on our service at Falmouth. We will ensure that the staff receive this feedback which we are sure they will be delighted to see. We truly are very pleased to hear that the staff strive to achieve such an excellent service and that you would recommend the Home.

Submit a Review for Langholme

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Langholme

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Langholme