Longview Care Home

Rosehill, Goonhavern, Truro TR4 9JX

Owner: Arpan Patel

Person in charge: Arpan Patel (Owner)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cornwall Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 28 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Longview Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 10 (maximum of 10) for Longview Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Longview Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 5 for Longview Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (69 Excellents x 5) ) ÷ 69 Ratings = 5

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Longview Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5.6 positive Reviews (28 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 5.6 Target Reached = 1

10 Longview Care Home has a Review Score of 10 (10.000) from 6 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Longview Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Longview Care Home

My mother was resident in Longview Care Home between December 2015 and December 2017. I could not have wished for her to spend her last 2 years in a better, safer more caring place. It is well run, clean and comfortable with all of the staff being cheerful, professional and approachable.
Mum, due to her dementia was a very difficult and demanding resident but was always looked after with care, consideration, respect and flexibility as her needs or demands changed.
I was always kept fully informed and was consulted regarding all aspects of her care and was able to visit her at any time that I wished. We, as a family, are very grateful to the manager and his staff who were very supportive through some very difficult times.
I cannot recommend Longview highly enough!

How likely would you be to recommend Longview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Longview has provided excellent care for my elderly father during the last few months of his life following a stroke. It is a delightful 'homely' care residence, with beautiful bright decor and aspect, situated in a lovely location, with a busy but caring atmosphere. The facilities are modern, suitably well equipped and managed to a high standard.
The owners run the home with much patience, compassion and expertise, facilitated by plenty of kind staff members who are always happy and welcoming, with time to give to the residents, regularly on a one to one basis.
There are regular fun activities of music and performance that are very stimulating for the residents and visitors alike. We were always made very welcome to come and visit at any time, and I am so very grateful for the owner's kind support and guidance given to Mum and myself during a rather difficult time regarding my father's dementia and stroke condition. I cannot thank Longview enough for the help they have provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Longview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad has been at Longview since November after coming from another residential home that was unable to deal with his challenging and unpredictable behaviour and his needs. The Manager and his team are amazing with my dad. The home is always very clean and well maintained. Dad is always clean and tidy. The staff are very caring and know and care for dad and all the residents and their individual needs. And his dignity is always maintained. He has settled in really well and is always happy and involved with the various activities that are on offer. I can’t thank the Manager and his team enough for making a very difficult time for us as a family less stressful. I would have no hesitation in recommending Longview for families looking for a home from home care setting.

How likely would you be to recommend Longview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been at the home since Aug 2015, when her care became too much for us at home with her challenging behaviour. Mum settled in well at the care home where her needs were met although she was still quite challenging. The staff and manager are exceptional in the work that they do, and nothing is to much trouble for them. The care home is clean to a very high standard. I would highly recommend the care home for anyone looking for a well run establishment.

How likely would you be to recommend Longview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Dad has been a resident at Longview Care Home for five and a half weeks. He went to Longview from another home that was unable to meet my Dad’s needs/care. He has Alzheimer’s and can be difficult at times due to the nature of his illness.
I feel the owner/manager has managed my Dad extremely well. My Dad has settled in and always seems happy when my husband and I visit.
The Manager and his staff interact with my Dad and treat him with care and respect. The Manager and his team always have time to talk and update me on my Dad’s care. I firmly believe my Dad is in the best place for his illness.

How likely would you be to recommend Longview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been in Longview for the last 4 weeks, having been moved from another home who could not meet his needs. My husband has Alzheimer's and his needs are quite complex. He has settled in well and seems content. He is always happy and smiling when I see him. I am told he is eating well and gets involved in activities which take place. The manager and his team treat my husband with respect and dignity. I am very impressed with the care and interaction he receives, especially by the manager, as he can be difficult at times. The manager is always available to talk to if I request an update, either in person or on the phone. After my visits, I leave feeling happy that my husband is in the best place to be cared for.

Submit a Review for Longview Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Longview Care Home