Evergreens

2 Berkeley Road, Talbot Woods, Bournemouth BH3 7JJ

In the leafy conservation area of Talbot Woods, The Evergreens is a long established family run and owned Residential Care Home offering spacious, comfortable accommodation.

The Evergreens, built in the 1920s has been a residential home for nearly 40 years. Sympathetically enlarged over time to its present capacity of twenty five en-suite rooms, the atmosphere is one of tranquillity and relaxation.

Professionals aim to deliver a very high level of personal care at all times. Each resident’s individual requests and needs are of great importance to them and their families and the fulfilment of those wishes is what makes life just that little bit more enjoyable.

* All en-suite rooms with TV, telephone & wireless call system
* Fully trained staff in attendance 24 hours per day
* Home cooked food
* Respite or Residential Care Available
* Varied Activities & Outings program

More than just Care, a very Personal Service.

Owner: Frank Care Ltd

Person in charge: Patricia Huntington (Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bournemouth Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 25 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £750 – £895 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Evergreens to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Evergreens: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Evergreens is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 22 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Evergreens in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.697 for Evergreens is calculated as follows: ( (186 Excellents x 5) + (71 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 261 Ratings = 4.697

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Evergreens is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5 positive Reviews (25 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 5 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Evergreens has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.697) from 22 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Evergreens?

Reviewer Connection to Evergreens

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

My sister was lucky enough to be cared for in this truly amazing home. Originally she was there for respite but ended up with palliative care. I have been into a few care homes but not seen the warmth and caring of the staff at Evergreen. They were kind, caring and so supportive of my sister and those who visited.

I hope they continue to get the assistance they need from doctors, district nurses and cancer support charities. My sister passed away on 4th April with them in attendance. She was safe, secure and peaceful.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

I couldn’t fault the care given by Evergreens where my mother spent her final few months. Nothing was ever too much trouble and all the staff were as helpful as each other regardless of grade or level. Evergreens felt homely from the minute we stepped in the door and my mum was happy and well cared for. After further deterioration in my mother’s cognitive and physical function, there was never a question of us having to move mum to a different, more specialised nursing home. Instead, they worked with us to provide another level of support for her final weeks, for which we are very grateful and allowed my mum to slip away peacefully, with dignity and with her family there.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

Evergreens was the ideal choice for my dad's care home. The staff and management were approachable, helpful and caring. Even though he was in the smallest room, alterations were made to accommodate a full hospital bed when he eventually needed it.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

Evergreen care home cared for my mother for two weeks before she sadly passed away age 97. All at Evergreen treated my mother with kindness, dignity and most of all compassion. Nothing was too much trouble to make mother comfortable. Not only did they tend to my mother but they cared for the whole family with equal compassion.
The whole team, from directors, care managers and care assistance, including 'backroom' staff make Evergreen care home outstanding.
Thank you all and may you continue your work with the obvious dedication you display.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

My Mum was cared for at Evergreens for the last four months of her life with dignity and friendship, nothing was ever too much trouble. From our initial visit to our last one, we were always met with a warm welcome from staff. Evergreens provide a homely environment where people are cared for adopting a person-centred approach. It is very evident that staff work closely as a team including the directors and it was not unusual to see one of the directors helping out in the kitchen from time to time. As my Mum’s health deteriorated there was no question that we should move her to a nursing home, she continued to remain at the home with the staff providing appropriate care and liaising with community-based services (GP/DN) when needed. An excellent home.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

Bright, well-kept care home into which my sister settled very well. The sunny conservatory looks out onto the garden with bird feeders, fishpond, and access to patio and outside seating. My sister's room is pleasant and cleaned and serviced frequently.
My sister enjoyed company and activities in the communal areas while she could, before becoming bedridden. I'm very thankful that the home has been flexible enough to cope with her increasing needs, thus enabling her to stay where she feels at home.
The quality of the food is good, the menu varied and flexible to individual resident's tastes and requirements. The staff arrange for doctor's/nurse's visits as necessary and inform me as appropriate.
I seldom visit the home without seeing at least one of the directors around the place. They seem to have a good working relationship with the staff and I'm sure their presence helps ensure the smooth running of the home, keeping standards high for the benefit of all the residents and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

I am pleased with the care my mother receives. The staff are very good and pleasant to talk to. Mum looks well and cared for. Always has clean clothes on. The bedroom always looks clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

Very pleasant light and airy room. Staff are all extremely pleasant, friendly, helpful and attentive. My aunt is receiving excellent care.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

We were treated with respect and given all the information we required when searching for a home for my mother. The home is beautifully decorated and the staff are superb, kind, caring, knowledgeable, patient and empathetic. We couldn't be happier knowing my mother is well cared for with dignity and a good "splash" of humour. Very satisfied.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

An elderly friend was a resident prior to my mother moving in. I knew then, if a family member required care, Evergreens would be ideal. The home is welcoming, the staff friendly and caring and the care given to a friend is repeated to my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

From the first day my dad arrived, he has been very well cared for, and treated with kindness and respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

My mother came to Evergreens for respite care following a hip operation. Staff were very supportive and friendly. Although she was at the home for only a few weeks, she was made to feel very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Likely

When our mother needed 24/7 care my sister and I took the very difficult decision to seek a suitable residential home. I don't believe we could have made a better choice in Evergreens. Mum received nothing but great care, kindness, affection and humour. The food was excellent and we too received exceptional hospitality.
I couldn't recommend it more highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

Everyone at Evergreens were wonderful and so welcoming. It really became my grandmothers new home. I would like to thank them all for the care and compassion that they showed to not just my grandma but to all my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

My elderly (94) grandmother stayed at the Evergreens until she passed away late last year. The staff were always lovely; both to the residents and to any visitors. I was always offered a cup of tea and made to feel at home. The facilities were always spotless and there is also ample space for visitors to park. Visiting was never a hassle and the staff always greeted you with a smile. Based on my experience of the staff and the standards set at the property I would wholeheartedly recommend Evergreens for your elderly relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

Evergreens care home provided an excellent care service for my Grandmother for several months in 2016. During this time they cared for her every day, made sure she was comfortable at all times, encouraged her to eat as much as she could (which was difficult at times) and always talked to her in a beautiful way making her feel really special. Every time I visited Grandma at Evergreens I was impressed and I would highly recommend their services.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

Sadly my mother was only a resident here for two months and was not in the best of health so was unable to enjoy all the activities that she could have done. However, the quality of care she received during that time was excellent in all respects and I would have no hesitation in recommending Evergreens to anyone considering a Home from home, which it was. The Staff were at all times warm, friendly and kind to residents and visitors alike and I do, in fact, miss seeing them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

The care and support that The Evergreens Residential home gave to my Dad was first class. Nothing was too much trouble. The care, support and time they gave to my dad was second to none. You could not get a better care home in all aspects - excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

My grandfather was a resident in the Evergreen establishment for 3 years until he passed in September'16. Moving him to a care him was a difficult decision, however, he enjoyed his time at the home and was well cared for. He had a beautiful, newly decorated, en suite room with a little garden which made it a pleasure to visit.
The staff were wonderful and always made myself and my family feel at home, offering tea, biscuits, home-made cakes and sometimes full meals on our visits. I can personally say that the food is excellent and they cater for the resident's dietary needs. The team, comprising of the manager, care staff, cooks, cleaners, and gardeners, always went above and beyond their duty, especially in the last few weeks, and are a credit to the establishment.
They were all also very personable; we knew that they not only cared for my grandfather, but also gave him company in our absence. I would highly recommend this care home and can honestly say that I will miss visiting there.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

My father absolutely loved living in Evergreens Care Home and it was very reassuring for me as I live in Cheshire that he was so happy there. I cannot recommend Evergreens highly enough all of the staff have been so kind and nothing is to much trouble.
The rooms are well furnished and the owner is always looking to improve the surroundings, with a new summerhouse currently taking shape. The gardens well maintained and out side seating for those sunny days, also trips out for the residents throughout the year. The food is of a very high quality and a three course meal is provided every lunch time as well as drinks and snacks throughout the day, you will not be disappointed with this Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

My father-in-law has been resident at Evergreens since July 2010 following the death of his son. He was isolate in his personality and entered reluctantly and with some apprehension. He was immediately made to feel very welcome and interacting with the staff every day brought him out of himself and his social skills improved significantly. As time went on it very much became, and was accepted by him as, his home. He frequently expressed how happy he was to live at Evergreens and defied us to find him a better home, which he said we would not be able to do. The home is very well run, it is light and well decorated with practical contemporary furnishings, the staff are extremely kind, very professional and treat their residents with respect and dignity. The food is very appetising and cooked from fresh at every meal. My wife and I live 250 miles away in Cheshire and it has been very comforting to know that our loved one was being extremely well cared for. Thank you Evergreens.

How likely would you be to recommend Evergreens? Extremely Likely

The care manager was welcoming upon arrival and completed a detailed assessment, which is the basis of my mother's care plan. The staff are very friendly and professional, showing a good understanding of my mother's medical conditions. The care plan is updated daily and communications with the manager and assistant managers, plus senior carers is excellent. The residents are encouraged to interact and there is a warm, friendly atmosphere at all times. We are very satisfied with the care provided by Evergreens.

Submit a Review for Evergreens