Seahorses Care Home

73 Draycott Road, Chiseldon, Swindon SN4 0LT

Seahorses Care Home, in Chiseldon, Wiltshire, offers a scenic environment in which elderly people with daily care needs can feel at home, with friendly and qualified carers on hand to help them stand up for their dignity and personal freedom.

The service specialises in caring for people with dementia, being well-resourced and experienced in the sensitive situations that can arise from mental health complications, and looking to respect both residents and families involved throughout the practice of care packages.

A versatile living environment can include pets by arrangement, the use of wheelchairs and Wifi connections in bedrooms, while the home also boasts its own transport.

Seahorses has built an additional 5 rooms, all en-suite.

Seahorses care home has completed recent work on the building with all the improvements requested by CQC and has refurbished the lounge area and dining area plus two more bedrooms. It is awaiting CQC's inspection to receive its updated grading.

Seahorses now has a permanent cook and has been awarded five stars by the Food Hygene Rating.

Events: 'Music for Health' attends Seahorses every Wednesday morning, providing musical therapy and interaction with the residents. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Owner: Peter Coleman

Person in charge: Diane Cole (Registered Care Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Swindon Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 20 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: NHS and Private. Ages 55+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £750 – £800 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £750 – £800 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Seahorses Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Excluded from monthly fees
Hairdressing
Chiropody
Newspapers
Personal carer for hospital appointments or any other outing.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Visiting unlimited

Car park at front of building

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Seahorses Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Seahorses Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Seahorses Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.646 for Seahorses Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (91 Excellents x 5) + (32 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 130 Ratings = 4.646

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Seahorses Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 4 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Seahorses Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.646) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Seahorses Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Seahorses Care Home

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

From our first visit to view Seahorses, we knew it would be ideal for my aunt and were delighted that there was a vacancy.
The staff and management are all wonderfully caring, helpful and professional.
You are always greeted with a smile and made to feel very welcome whenever you visit (there is an open door policy).
My aunt is always clean, well dressed and very content.
As a family, we can finally relax knowing she is receiving excellent full-time care in a caring and happy environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff and management at Seahorses Care Home are excellent with the care of my Dad who can be very difficult and aggressive to look after. They treat him with care and dignity at all times, even difficult ones. Not only do they care for Dad, they are a great support to me and my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

Seahorses care home, staff and owner have provided my mother with a dedicated, professional home. She is well fed, clean, cared for with kindness and humour. As a family, we could not ask for a better place for my mother to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been a resident in Seahorses Care Home for the last 5 and a half years. For the last 12 months, she has been entirely bed-ridden and the care that she has been given for all this time has been truly fantastic.

I visited her this morning and they informed me that she is now suffering from a chest infection and that in their opinion, she is now nearing the end of her life. Her doctor will be visiting this afternoon.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

We continue to be extremely impressed by Seahorses and the level of care provided, often in very difficult circumstances due to the nature of the illness. There is a very good level of personal attention given. The care is very genuine and heartfelt. Food and drink are great with a good supply and when required help is able to be given to eat. We are always made to feel very welcome whenever we visit, which is very often.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

The family of our mum have been pleased with the level of care given. They provide a high level of care (personal) Happy, friendly and make everyone welcome, in sometimes difficult situations. The food is very good and we would recommend this home to everyone. In the 2 1/2 years, mum has been there it's lovely to have continuity of the same staff working there.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

This home is ideal for my friend. She is happy and enjoys meeting other residents. The staff are extremely caring and my friends always looks nice and clean.
I find the atmosphere to be very pleasant and my friend's room is very clean and comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

I was very concerned about my sister going into a home. Her dementia had been managed in a council independent living with some care and the staff were good. Once she started wandering though it became a real problem and meant that she could no longer live where she was. This made me very apprehensive about a move. I have to say though that my sister, who I was concerned would be unhappy, has within a month settled very well. It really is a home from home. I queried the lateness of her breakfast on the second visit to find that she gets up when she is ready (no rushing to deal with clients) and the same with bedtime. I ring regularly but she does not necessarily want to talk to me as there is something going on. I am finally beginning to relax that my sister is happily being looked after well and I can relax .
Mental health took me to 2 different homes - I chose this one and am glad I did. I can relax a bit now knowing she is well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

I really like the way that the home has kept the same staff throughout the time my friend has been there and I have got to know all of them really well. There is no unpleasant smell at all in the house and my friend is always bathed with her hair washed ready to go out to lunch with us. The food is really good and I would recommend this home to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Extremely Likely

Everything seems to be running ok.

How likely would you be to recommend Seahorses Care Home? Likely

My mother has been at Seahorses Care Home for a year now and from day one she has been very settled there, enjoying the food and company of staff and other residents. The atmosphere is relaxed and happy and we have always been made to feel welcome to visit at any time. We are always kept informed of her care as the progression of her dementia has reduced her physical and mental ability. As anyone who has had to make the huge decision to place their loved one in a care home knows, it is a worrying time particularly when you have to make the decision for them due to the nature of dementia, but we have no regrets in choosing Seahorses for mum.

Submit a Review for Seahorses Care Home

posted 30 Apr 2018

Dementia care of all stages, two one downstairs en-suite room. Private or Funded all welcome.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Seahorses Care Home

Diane Cole

Job Title: Registered Care Manager

Joined: 1994

I have worked at Seahorses Care Home for 25 years, I have a vast amount of qualifications including the Registered Care Manager's Award. I am dedicated to my work and of late become a Dignity Champion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Seahorses Care Home