Ashbourne Care Home

Lightwood Road, Dudley DY1 2RS

Ashbourne Care Home is in the historic market town of Dudley which prides itself on a homely and welcoming atmosphere.

Residents can relax, socialise and pursue their hobbies in the numerous communal areas. These can also be used for get-togethers with guests.

Ashbourne offers residential care and dementia care on a permanent of respite basis, giving family carers a much needed break.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Annette Allen (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 38 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ashbourne Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Ashbourne Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashbourne Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.468 for Ashbourne Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (140 Excellents x 5) + (88 Goods x 4) + (21 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 250 Ratings = 4.468

The 4.789 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashbourne Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.6 positive Reviews (38 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 7.6 Target = 0.789

9.3 Ashbourne Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.257) from 21 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashbourne Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ashbourne Care Home

The home is welcoming. Staff are lovely, helpful and kind.
This is a wonderful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Ashbourne Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Jill, for your feedback about Ashbourne Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are pleased to learn that your experience has been so positive. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day.

My auntie was admitted to Ashbourne Care Home through social services due to unforeseeable tragic circumstances. It was an emergency placement. I had not had time to do preliminary checks with regards to the home so we were reliant on the good choice of the social worker.
I and my auntie could not have wished for anywhere better. the support that my auntie, my wife and I received was priceless. At this most traumatic time in our lives, there were people who readily supported us. The manager was caring and professional which filtered down to all staff members. it was evident that staff were well trained in their various roles and all demonstrated a very caring attitude. Nothing was too much trouble, staff were patient, friendly and had the time to perform their caring skills. I had total confidence in the care delivered to my auntie.
Within a week, my auntie looked better than she had done in years. The environment was clean and fresh, something that was noticeable as soon as you walked through the door. The temperature throughout was warm and constant. Excellent place to be cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Ashbourne Care Home responded to this review on 07 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Anthony, for your comments about your recent experience at Ashbourne Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very happy to learn that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents, and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Mom and Dad needed respite care over the New Year period for a couple of weeks. The staff were excellent, from the initial assessment to the welcome and ongoing for the next week or so, till my parents left. Dads needs were far more complex than moms, with his dementia causing behaviour issues. The staff handled it with care and attention to detail with meds, etc. My mom was very welcomed by everyone and really enjoyed her time there. Unfortunately, my dad became very ill and left after a week to go into hospital, but mom stayed there for another few days and was made most welcome. The food was good and plentiful. The rooms pleasant, but mostly it was the staff and their lovely attitude.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Ashbourne Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Denise, for your comments about your recent experience at Ashbourne Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Lovely caring staff able to approach any of them and ask questions.
Wonderful atmosphere, welcoming to each and every visitor.
I do feel however staff are stretched i.e when one carer assists with toilet visits the other is left to oversee up to about 14 residents. This compromises the safety of both staff and residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Ashbourne Care Home responded to this review on 11 Dec 2017:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of Ashbourne Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing, and it is rewarding to hear that you have found the staff to be supportive. If there is anything more we can do please do not hesitate to speak with us upon your next visit. Have a lovely day.

This care home is very good. The staff are always friendly and very helpful. The food is excellent. My dad has settled in very well much to my surprise because he is difficult to please. My Mum was here for a short time and was looked after very well. I have recommended this care home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

I rate this care home as being of a good standard all round, and would highly recommend it to anybody who requires a good care home with excellent standards.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ashbourne Care Home is a really good care home and they are taking care of both of my sisters very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care home is warm and welcoming, you are always greeted with a smile and in a while offered a refreshment. The place is always clean and tidy, the management have an open door policy where you can easily discuss any issues. It would seem it suffers from staff shortages but this doesn't affect the care level. My mother in law is very happy there, is well cared for and treated very well. This is a very nice place and the staff do their best. All the family think she is in safe hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Likely

I am very happy with the care provided for my grandmother at Ashbourne House. I do feel that the level of care could be categorised as "excellent" if only the staffing levels were increased. This is particularly evident on the dementia wing, where residents require extra care and attention, due to their condition. My grandmother chooses to stay in her room and is confined to bed much of the time. She is largely alone and lacking in individual attention and stimulation. This is not because the staff do not wish to provide this, but because they are limited by restrictions of workload. I think this also applies to certain areas of cleaning and laundry too.
The staff and management are all wonderful. They are approachable and respectful in every area of my grandmother's care and I would not hesitate to recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad has settled in well and is very happy, he loves all his meals and his room. Staff are very friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. We are very happy with the management, staff and care my dad received and we are always made welcome- can't fault the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother seems well cared for. Happy her needs are met. Very friendly, thoughtful.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

All the staff are very pleasant and caring. My grandad has only been here for a short time and he's been made to feel very welcome. He's registered blind, there's nothing they won't do for him! I highly recommend this care home! Very nice place!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit a neighbour every 3 weeks and she seems fine. Staff seem pleasant, some more than others and the food is fine.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Likely

Staff at Ashbourne Care Home are very professional but at the same time very friendly and caring. My dad always looks immaculate, his room always clean. The manager is always there to help you if you need it and always with a smile, lovely lady. Staff first class. I know my dad can be difficult at times but they handle it well. Cannot fault them, and no I didn't have to worry.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like my room- I can see the grassy bank and trees through the window. My meals are always enjoyed- l like the fish and chips on Fridays!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are always happy and very considerate and caring to patients. I feel they should make sure patients have regular hearing tests and hearing aids checked regularly. Also that patients nails are cleaned daily. Patients are always fed well and given snacks and drinks. My friend has not had her hearing aids for at least 4 months. This stops her communication, when I questioned staff I was told I was not the next of kin. Which I am not but visit weekly.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Likely

Annette Adams, Home Manager at Ashbourne Care Home responded to this review on 24 Feb 2016:

Hello there, thank you for your review of Ashbourne Care Home - we appreciate all feedback about our home and are always looking at ways we can improve. From your comments I can see you have a couple of issues that I would be interested to discuss in more detail with you. I will be in touch to talk further. Best wishes, Annette.

My husband has been in the home almost a year now and the family are very pleased with the care he is receiving. He gets on well with the carers they are very good with him and the residents. It makes me feel better to know that they look after him.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been looked after very well during the last four and a half years, she has been here and the Alzheimer's condition has not deteriorated but has largely remained the same during that time. This is due to the level of interest, care and support given by the whole team at this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

Whilst visiting my uncle I have been extremely impressed with this care home in many ways, cleanliness is fantastic and residents always happy. The staff are welcoming and helpful and friendly. I would without a doubt recommend the home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashbourne Care Home? Extremely Likely

They are doing their very best for his complaint cannot fault the care in anyway at all, everyone are very good to him.

Submit a Review for Ashbourne Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ashbourne Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashbourne Care Home