Ryland View Care Home, Tipton, West Midlands

A relaxed and friendly home, Ryland View offers numerous forms of care provision, including nursing care, nursing dementia care and respite care. Other care includes expertise in young physically disabled care, as well as Huntingdon’s and Parkinson’s.

The home has been designed to suit the lifestyles of both older and younger residents, consisting of five separate houses, homely furnishings, bright and airy conservatories, a reminiscence room and landscaped gardens.

Individual tastes are accounted for at mealtimes through balanced and nutritious dishes, with hot and cold choices always available.

Many group activities are arranged to support physical and emotional health, while residents have personal interests and hobbies supported. Pub lunches and nature trail walks are popular additions, as are visiting entertainers.

Person in charge: Christine Daley (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 144 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ryland View Care Home: click here

9.2 Ryland View Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.231)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Ryland View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 49 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ryland View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.78 for Ryland View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (462 Excellents x 5) + (105 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 578 Ratings = 4.78

The 4.451 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ryland View Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 28.8 positive Reviews (144 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 28.8 Target = 0.451

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ryland View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ryland View Care Home

My mother was in Heronville House for a few months, she was treated with the utmost respect and dignity. I visited her every day and found the staff to be very attentive and welcoming. I was made to feel welcome and was involved in all aspects of mum's care. There were activities which she was involved in, days out were planned, she used the hairdressers fortnightly, aromatherapy weekly and chiropodist. The carers and nurses were approachable at all times even when busy, nothing was too much trouble. If you have someone with dementia I would highly recommend this nursing home, I myself held out to get mum a placement here and I couldn't have been happier with her being here.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 19 May 2017:

Thank you for your sharing your lovely review with us, we appreciate your feedback. I am so pleased to hear about your positive experiences with Ryland View, their staff, and how they cared and supported both you and your mother. I will share your kind comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

They were absolutely wonderful to my mom and family.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

My mother had a period of respite at Ryland View, all the staff were amazing with my mom. She was treated with respect and dignity and above all patience, even when they were extremely busy as they were very hard working. My mother said she could only find two faults, 1/ there were no permanent beds for residential care. 2/ never any vinegar!! She did not want to leave, so a big thank you for making the transition from her own flat to residential. The family are very grateful for your kind hospitality.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us, your feedback is really important to us. I am so pleased that you were impressed by the staff at Ryland View, it is a shame that they don't have a permanent spot! I will pass on your kind comments to the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very helpful staff. Residents are treated with dignity. Nice surroundings. Food is appropriate to residents needs. Reception staff/office staff are lovely and know what advice to give.
You are informed of events by posters.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was a temporary resident there whilst waiting for a permanent nursing home. She was looked after and treated with care, respect and dignity.
While residing in there, she developed a urine infection and was treated promptly, before it got hold of her.
Cannot fault anything about this house in any way, shape or form, from the caring and friendly staff to management, who were very helpful with anything we asked of them, to the cleanliness of the home and facilities.
Overall we would not hesitate to recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jamie, National Development Manager at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 24 Mar 2017:

Haines House which is part of Ryland View has cared for my-sister-in-law for the last five years. The care has been first class. When the needed hospital care has been arranged. My sister-in-law is kept clean and fed to a very high standard as is her private room.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 05 Apr 2017:

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us, we really appreciate it. I am so pleased that you are happy with the care and support Ryland View have provided to your sister-in-law. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I was recommended by a friend to Bloomfield Unit at Ryland View Care Home and can see why. I have complete confidence in the staff and cannot praise them enough for the way they look after my Mom, kind, courteous, understanding and also supportive to me too, when I have any worries. Some of the staff have been there over twenty years which shows dedication and proves that it isn't just a job to them, they genuinely care about the residents. I live quite a distance from the home but am kept informed at all times with anything that concerns Mom.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us, we really appreciate it. I am so pleased that you are impressed with Ryland View and their staff. It is so lovely to hear that you have recommended the home. I will pass on your kind comments to the home manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

When looking for a residential home for my dad, thank goodness we found Ryland View, we saw some very disappointing homes and were feeling quite upset at the thought of placing dad in their care. Then we found Ryland View and we could not be happier. The manager and all the carers are wonderful, compassionate, caring and nothing is too much trouble. We can sleep at night knowing dad is cared for 24 hours a day. The food is excellent and so are the rooms and facilities and they always go that extra mile to make both residents and their families happy and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2017:

My father recently passed away in the care of Ryland view.
I cannot thank them enough for the wonderful care they took of my Dad.
His needs were met above and beyond of what is expected, he was treated with dignity and love.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

Sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I have been a resident at Ryland View since February 2016. I am completely bedridden, have a permanent catheter and because of the thoracic problems, I have a peg tube inserted so all of my food and liquids are pumped directly into my stomach. I wear a pad for my bowels. This time last year, medical staff told me I must go into a care home, I was petrified, but since I have been in Ryland View I have been treated like royalty and all staff are excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jan 2017:

My husband has been at Manby House now for two months and my husband has been looked after extremely well and staff are extremely fantastic with my husband as since his illness which was a stroke in January 2016 he has a lot of problems dealing with this but the staff have been very helpful to him and took very good care of him.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jan 2017:

My mum had her best Christmas for many years at Haines House. Thank you so very much for her valuable care. It means so much to all of us.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted to Ryland View just under two years ago, suffering with severe dementia during her time there she was well cared for and loved, always treated with dignity and respect. My sincere thanks to all the staff for their dedication.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

My mum was comfortable in her last months. The staff had a huge part in getting her back on her feet. Even in her death she was treated with the utmost respect and dignity.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 24 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

"I have been very well looked after and it has helped me get back to being able to look after myself again. Everyone cannot do enough for you."- The above is what my mother told me to write, she has been happy here and they have been excellent in looking after her.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

During the stay, my wife and I have always found the staff, carers, and nurses helpful, caring and thoughtful and showing so much kindness and appreciation.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administration at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My mom was admitted to Ryland View, Manby unit after being in the hospital for an assessment to find her a nursing home due to her deterioration from Dementia. Sadly mom passed away after just over 3 weeks but the care and support that was given by all the staff team were second to none. Nothing was too much trouble and if any of me or my family had any questions then we knew someone was available night or day to answer these. An excellent home I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 30 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I am happy with the care. My husband is looked after well. I would recommend Ryland View to anyone. The staff are very attentive to my husband and care very caring towards him.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

Ryland View is an excellent care home who have helped my dad to settle into full-time care very easily. The staff are excellent and they really care about their residents which is vitally important in knowing my dad is being cared for how we expect him to be. The home is spotlessly clean and very well staffed and managed.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Best home I've been to. Lovely and clean, everyone is so kind and very respectful, top marks 10 out of 10. Recommend to all I meet in trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 22 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I know I made the right choice. Family feel with the same, staff who are very caring and helpful. Open days are very good. I would recommend to others. I have no problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 16 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Outstanding care - kind and nothing is too much trouble. Professional in their duties. Food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

'Ryland View Care Home' standards are top notch. Better than any other my mum has encountered. The staff are well trained and very helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend this care home to anyone needing residential care.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad has been living at Ryland View now for eight months. In Mamby House first for assessment and now in Haines House permanently. He has settled in very well. His room is comfortable, overlooking all the pleasant surrounding gardens.
He has the freedom to go into the main lounge and dining room or stay in his own room if he prefers. The food is very good, with regular hot and cold drinks served. All the staff are lovely, nothing is too much trouble, and any health issues are dealt with quickly. I have peace of mind knowing that my dad is happy, safe and being very well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 09 Aug 2016:

My partner thoroughly enjoys her stay at Ryland View, in her words "we are all one big family". She is given choices and listened to by members of staff and management. Very friendly atmosphere. Activities are fun and enjoyable. She is respected and her dignity is kept at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Since my son has been at Ryland View - there has been a real improvement. He is more attentive, physically and mentally. The activities engage him - their activities are well thought through and encourage all residents participation. The staff are all of a high standard and treat everyone with respect.
My son is more than relaxed and has put on weight due to the quality of food. In the short period he has been here - we as a family cannot stress enough the good and caring attitude of all staff and I would like to thank everyone involved in his transition from his previous establishment.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My brother has been a resident at the above care home, he is well cared for, he is engaged in activities that suit all his needs, and has a lot of choices. My brothers choice in clothes is always taken into consideration. He chooses his own garment. He is very much contented. I have no concerns.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 06 Nov 2016:

My Mom has been in 'Ryland View Care Home' since May and has been cared for so well. She has quite complex needs and I feel the staff have been sympathetic to her needs. They listen to my concerns and go above and beyond to sort any problems Mom maybe experiencing. They have made both of us feel at home and this makes it a comfortable visit, so I can enjoy spending time with Mom. The staff are all friendly and efficient, led by a very dedicated manager whose door is always open.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 08 Aug 2016:

All the staff, service and care are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 03 Aug 2016:

We are very happy with the care and attention received from the top to the bottom.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

A lovely care home, our mum has settled in nicely, is well looked after and all the staff are doing their job 100%. Bloomfield is a delightful place.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 03 Jun 2016:

We have been very pleased with the service provided here at Ryland View. The manager has been excellent and ensuring that mums needs are being met, also that we are happy. The staff have been amazing with the care they are providing for my mum. They take a keen interest in mum's well being and making sure she gets the food she likes, also her own needs. The manager goes over and above in making sure that mum and all the residents are happy. Haines House provides considerate and compassionate care. We are happy as a family, the best decision we ever made. Thanks to the manager for making it all possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 01 Jun 2016:

Brilliant, can't fault anything, would not go anywhere else. My sister has been here for 4 years is very happy and well cared for on Haines House.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 25 May 2016:

My mother has been in Ryland view for about 3 years and from the outset she has been really well looked after at a time when it was very stressful for her and myself to make the decision to move there. The staff are really pleasant and always go the extra mile to make sure my mother is safe, happy and comfortable. I kept informed of any changes to my mothers condition as soon as it happens. My mother and myself have found the personal touch from staff very re-assuring which makes it easy to work together. Well done to all staff in Bloomfield House.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 24 May 2016:

The care home is clean and the staff are very good. Mum is looked after well. Very good meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Over the last few months I have noticed a change in management and staff. The manager is really approachable whatever the problem/question may be. Staff are friendly, and most of the time happy, but like in everything you can't expect 100% all of the time. I do find on the whole they are very considerate, but sometimes I pick up that there is a lot for them to cover e.g because carers also covering for other areas of service due to shortage with staff.

On a personal point, my sister needing the chair to help in the shower not always available, because of having share with other house on site is not good.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

First class review at all care given. Second to none.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Haines House is very clean and comfortable. From Unit Manager to cleaning staff are all caring and comforting to my mother. All staff are approachable, to any concerns.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been a patient at Ryland view for almost two weeks, previous to this he was in hospital for seven weeks. The change in him since being moved here has been huge. He has got back on his feet and seems much happier in himself he has been treated with the highest standard of care and utmost respect. The nurses have been fabulous and always catered to his every need. They have kept us up to date with his progress at all times I would recommend this home to any worrying wife or family member who wants piece of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Ryland View Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

My family and I can't speak highly enough of Ryland View and it's staff. My 82 year old mother has struggled to live alone for a while now and following a bout of falls and recent hospitalisation she was admitted to Ryland View for assessment. From the moment of her arrival we were treated with respect and dignity. My mother prefers her own company and her wish to stay in her room rather than sit in the lounge was respected. All the care staff and nurses are fantastic with my mum and with us all as a family. We are kept informed when she is not well and included in all decisions made. When visiting we are never made to feel we are in the way by the staff and the managers door in Manby House is always open for me to chat to the Manager if I have any concerns. My mum is also fussy with her food and her needs have been catered for with nicely prepared food options always available to suit her. If my mum can't be in her own home then this is the best place for her to be cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother, who is 94 and has dementia, has been at Ryland View Nursing Home for over ten years. Her longevity has everything to do with the quality of care she receives. At the first signs of illness she sees a doctor, or is sent to hospital and these timely interventions have undoubtedly kept her stable and contented.
She is treated with dignity, kindness and love by the people around her. I live a long way form the home, so I phone more than I visit and invariably the person who answers can update me on how my mother is and what she is going.
When I visit, an hour by hour up to date diary of how she is being looked after is on a table beside her bed. Activities are regularly organised and I am kept informed of what events are occurring, and I am regularly informed of her situation and health.

Working alongside dementia sufferers is a challenging environment and I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the carers, nurses and management of her unit. I have been, and continue to be, very pleased with the way my mother is looked after.
My thanks go to all those who look after my mother and who have her best interests and well-being at the forefront of their thoughts.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My dad was admitted to Haines House Ryland View Nursing Home Tipton. Dad was admitted for palliative end of life care The whole family and myself would like to thank all the staff carers, medical, and management for the care and respect that was given. The carers where great with him always spoke to him and at times singing which always put a smile on my dads face. "Priceless" Nothing was a problem any questions we had an appropriate person would come along discuss with us and answer our requests.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father spend two weeks at Ryland View for respite. The care and attention that was provided was superb. Members of staff at all levels communicated with him and motivated him especially when he was feeling unwell. Members of staff kept family members fully informed on my father's progress on a daily basis. I would recommend and use this home if required again. Thank you all for your caring and supportive attitude because as a family we would not have got through this difficult period without your provision. Also I wish you all the best for the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been on Manby Unit at Ryland View for almost 10 weeks during which time she has been treated with kindness, dignity, respect by all the team. I would recommend for anybody who needs an assessment to stay on their visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

At the point our mum was admitted to Manby House, she was very poorly. She had totally lost her confidence after 3 falls at home, her mobility was non-existent, she had lost her power of speech and her general health was deteriorating. What a difference 6 weeks has made. We have our lovely mum back to the point where she can live independently with support again. The staff have all been wonderful, there is real teamwork, nothing is too much trouble. Always a smile on their faces. They are all so kind and caring, a real home from home. Thank you so much :)

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot speak highly enough about the staff and facilities at Manby House in Ryland View. Mum was at a very low point (having been unwell for 5 weeks and then having a bad fall). When admitted, mum came home 6 weeks later with her 'spark' back. She describes Manby House as being like a 5 star hotel but with loving care. I must thank the manager for her support to me in enabling mum's discharge home with the care in place that was needed.

Monby Unit

It had been a very pleasant stay for me. The staff and all have been very helpful and friendly. I am on the road to recovery now.

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have had an amazing time at Ryland View nursing home, I feel that I have personally grown and have made good friends with the staff and residents, having take away food at night made me feel safe, more at home (Manby Unit).

How likely would you be to recommend Ryland View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Ryland View were friendly, attentive and professional. The care they gave to our Dad gave us complete peace of mind and he very quickly settled into his life in the home. We visited the home most days at different times of the day and we were always given an update on Dad's health and his welfare whether his progress was good or not. When Dad first went into the home we were asked what foods were his favourites and what his interests/hobbies were. As a family we were completely satisfied with the care and environment afforded by Ryland View.

Submit a Review for Ryland View Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ryland View Care Home