Monson Retirement Home

Monson Retirement Home, 9-11 Monson Street, Lincoln LN5 7RZ

Monson Retirement Home, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Monson Retirement Home provides individual care, including respite and day care.

The home was purpose built in the centre of Lincoln to promote independence and prevent the feeling of isolation. Family visits are also easier and more interesting.

Beautifully decorated and maintained, every room has its own TV and en-suite shower room.

A highly qualified and enthusiastic care team focuses on individual needs and friendly interaction with residents. Promoting independence and mobility.

The owners are passionate and dedicated in the running of their home and so are the fantastic staff. Please feel free to take a look and discuss your care needs.

Recommendations:
“This Care Home needs no recommendation for the building or staff, that's obvious when you walk through the door”
“I didn't know places like this existed!”
“If you are looking for a home for your parents, I would definitely recommend Monson. Go and have a look around everyone is so welcoming”
“Do not be put off by the urban environment in which this home sits. The place is warm, safe and secure”

Owner: St Catherine's Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Sam Schofield (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

There is a large public car park behind Monson Retirement Home accessed via King Street from the main High Street.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Monson Retirement Home: click here

9.8 Monson Retirement Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.816)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Monson Retirement Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 25 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Monson Retirement Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.816 for Monson Retirement Home is calculated as follows: ( (246 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 299 Ratings = 4.816

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Monson Retirement Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 1.000

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Monson Retirement Home?

Reviewer Connection to Monson Retirement Home

My mum is a retired nurse. She has seen it all in the care sector and always made us promise never to make her live in a residential home. But with her care needs increasing, we decided that we had to look for help. We visited 12 care homes in 6 months and every time mum would make us promise not to take her back.
A friend referred us to Monson.
When I walked in, I was shocked. There was no smell. The entire building was spotless and the dining room looked like it was set for a big occasion.
Mum enjoyed her stay, she loved all of the staff, she especially enjoyed Sherry Friday, the fish and chips and the entertainment.
She had a lot of praise for the home and was quickly convinced that somewhere like Monson could become a permanent stay.
We could not be happier with the outcome and can not thank the staff enough for making mum feel so welcome.
I would highly recommend the home to any family in a similar position.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

My mother stayed in Monson for 3 weeks while we went away.
Before she went in, she was unsteady on her feet and had a poor appetite.
She came home a different lady, she had put on weight and was walking without her frame.
She has even been able to enjoy the garden at home as she was gardening at Monson.
She spoke about how lovely all the carers were and often went in the office to talk to the management.
The home is bright, clean and modern. Mum has booked herself back in for 2 weeks in July and can't wait to go back.
She said it's like a 5-star hotel only cheaper.
The bedroom had an ensuite and the food was excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

I have been to the home to see my life long friend. He was terrified at going into a care home but now is so happy he would never leave. The staff and building are just fantastic. There are so many facilities and everything is pristine. We feel like they are on an all inclusive holiday. His room is large with a private bathroom en-suite but he is never there. The rest of the people are so sociable he spends his days surrounded by great company. I worried about visits but the place is lovely. I go often to see my good friend.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

My mother always said "never put me in a care home" but after being diagnosed with dementia she came to live with me and my husband. We have struggled so much and recently made the hardest decision of our lives.
We walked into Monson Retirement Home and it had a lovely homely feel to it.
We were shown around by a lovely lady. She understood the guilt we were going through.
The home was very clean. The residents were out in the garden. Some were even doing the planting of new bulbs. Others were sat chatting.

I still feel very guilty about putting her into full-time care but I know she is well looked after.
She gets on with everyone, she is always out on day trips - she's very happy.
It's her birthday next week and we have been invited to come and join mum for a meal in the bar area.
The children are also coming with us. They love seeing gran because Monson has kids play zone with an Xbox.
This place is definitely the best I have seen
I would certainly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

The home is friendly warm and welcoming. A safe environment especially for people suffering dementia. The staff are patient and understanding, nothing appears to be too much trouble. The home is very different from most whereby residents are quietly encouraged to join in with daily activities and outings. There is always something going on most days. They have a lovely bar area and also an outside garden where summer parties take place. A lovely home to be in if 24 hours care is required. Very well run by the management and I am really impressed.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

Visited eight nursing homes before making a final decision.
So pleased to have chosen this one.
My mother is happy and settled and is well cared for.
All staff are friendly and approachable, and I have been most impressed with every aspect of the running of the home.
My mother has now been in the home for 18 months and all matters that have arisen have been dealt with efficiently and to my satisfaction.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

My 98-year-old mother has been resident at Monson Retirement Home for two years plus.
She is very aware of her situation and is totally content, not just because it is a lovely, modern, clean home with en suite shower to every bedroom (a big plus to her and me) but because of the staff.
They, from the management to the wonderful carers to the ancillary staff, are very caring, kind and considerate and cheerful, making the residents' lives comfortable, stimulating and interesting with little treats for all and outings for those that want to go, whenever possible.
The residents are treated as individuals, for instance, my mother likes a little lie-in occasionally and they can accommodate that when they can.
The carers know the residents' needs well and chat to them through the day.
They can tell if anyone is out of sorts and call in the relevant medical authorities when needed.
My mother now needs help washing, dressing and with personal care.
She tells me she feels loved, safe and secure and is very happy and consequently our family is very happy too.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

They need a "gold star" plus.
All questions are answered excellently.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

Our relative here appears very content and is obviously very well cared for. The environment and decor are excellent. The food provided is first class and obviously well cooked and presented.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

I have moved my Nan across several homes over a period of a couple of years. When I entered Monson Retirement Home I could have cried. I was so emotional because finally, I have seen a home that is a truly wonderful and pleasant place to be. I had been horrified by places she has been in or visited.

You instantly feel the genuine love and care for the residents, and it is clear looking around the home that the residents are well cared for (they looked so very smart!), and happy! The ethos of this home seems totally different to nearly all others I have been in, and facilities and activities are excellent. They even have their cinema, hairdresser, chiropodist, as well as their own bar and were having a Christmas tipple, cake and a sing song!

It is clear these people actually CARE!

Please visit this home if you are considering a home for you or your loved one. I wish I had found this place a long time ago as this would have saved a lot of worry and heartache about my Nan.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

I think it's lovely, nothing wrong with it. We go on trips, transport arranged, I love the coffee/cake while we are out. We have a lovely flower garden to relax in, it's wonderful. I feel if I can't live at home this is the place to be. I'm well cared for. Staff are great, kind, helpful, food is tasty. I get as much as I like and good choices. I have made good friends with the ladies and staff. My room is great, I worry about going in the lift but staff come with me and make me feel at ease.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

We looked at several care homes after being told my nan needed 24-hour care after hospital admission. There were some shocking ones out there. But as soon as we walked in Monson we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I was amazed at what I was seeing. I knew I had found the one. It was bright airy clean and modern. We were shocked to see residents walking about,happy, and laughing with staff. I walked through the lounge and was very surprised to see a bar area. These residents really do have everything you would see in a 5-star hotel. The owner has thought of everything. A theatre room, salon and even a physio room where some residents were doing exercises. The bedroom was so bright and light. Even an en-suite and a tv. We arranged for the manager to assess my nan, and my nan moved in the next day. She has settled so well and has made some lovely friends. She is always praising the staff for all they're hard work and caring natures.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

sam schofield, Manager at Monson Retirement Home responded to this review on 05 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your review. My self and my fantastic team really appreciate a good review - its the perfect reward for all their hard work.

I was sceptical at first, hear lots of bad stories about homes. This one is quite simply outstanding, from the moment you walk in, the staff are very friendly and welcoming. The facilities are immaculately clean, well laid out and presented. My mother was well looked after during her short break and I would have no qualms if and when we need another rest break.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

When Mum came home after a weeks restbite it was like she had gone back 2 years, she was walking better, more alert, we could not believe the difference. We thought she may have to go into a care home permanently but now she is coping in her own home with just assistance in a morning and evening.
The change in her is unbelievable, the care she received was outstanding it is like she has her life back again. I would not hesitate to recommend this amazing residential home, everything from the accommodation, facilities and staff is excellent in every way. Thanks for giving me my Mum back.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

I have been very pleased with my mums care, she is well fed and kept clean. The staff are all professional and caring, that is very important to me.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

I have found the care and facilities outstanding. All aspects of my mum's needs are being met. Facilities are of a high standard - clean, well maintained and appropriate for the tasks in hand. My mum is settling in well and seems to enjoy her associations with fellow residents and staff. Her health has improved, which is a good sign that the care is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

My mother had to go into respite care as an emergency after a fall at home. Monson Retirement Home staff came immediately to see us and their sensitive and caring approach was a great comfort to myself and my mother. During her stay she was very well cared for and there were activities she could join in and socialise if she wished. She enjoyed the musical afternoon! She also very much enjoyed her meals and sitting at a table with other people.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

The home has very good facilities - and provides clean, airy and pleasant surroundings for the residents. The administrator and care staff are very welcoming, friendly and approachable. It is good that there are always staff around, the seating areas showed any resident require assistance and there is a good support between staff and residents. Residents who are physically able are taken out to cafe's and museums etc. which helps to keep them in touch with the outside world.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Likely

I have been living at Monson Retirement Home a few months now and everything is fine, no complaints. I think the staff are all very good and they have a lot to put up with. They all do a good job. No complaints with the food, the staff do their best.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

I've lived here for some time now and I think it's lovely. I love my room, the food is lovely and I think the staff are wonderful. The entertainment is fantastic and I always have fun. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else but here at Monson.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Likely

What a surprise we got when we were looking for a care home for my mother-in-law. We arrived at Monson Retirement Home, expecting to see a typical care home, with residents sitting in hospital type arm chairs, doing nothing, a television playing to itself and decoration no-one would dream of having in their own homes. How wrong we were! Monson Retirement Home is more like a boutique hotel than a retirement home. The staff were happy and plenty of them, chatting to the residents and joining in with the sing-a-long that they were enjoying. Mum's bedroom is lovely, with a large en-suite bathroom which was spotlessly clean. Nice carpets, curtains and matching bedspread. We were shown the dining room, which would not be out of place in any good quality restaurant . The kitchen was open to the dining area and was spotless.
The lounge is nicely furnished with proper armchairs, coffee tables and carpets that wouldn't look out of place in anyone's home.

How many care homes have their own hairdressing salon, cinema room and when the new extension is finished A PUB!!!! We couldn't believe what we were seeing.
But what impressed us more than anything was that there was NO care home smell. Mum is very happy there, safe, clean, well fed and well cared for.

There are many care homes that could do with seeing what an excellent care home can do and pay Monson Retirement Home a visit.

I hope there is a room for me when the time comes for me to need care. I can thoroughly recommend this home to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has spent a number of respite weeks at the home since June of this year and my wife and I have been most impressed with the professionalism and the passion with which the staff carry out their duties in caring for their residents. We visited a number of homes in the area and were becoming concerned that we would not find a suitable modern, clean and friendly provider for my 95 year old mother to stay. Following a fall at home and a short stay in hospital, her initial period was three weeks and the Monson Retirement Home could not have been more accommodating and welcoming 'mum' into their home.
The food is excellent as are the individual bedrooms and there is always some form of entertainment being provided whether it be singing, games or a quiz and for those interested the home has its own cinema. We have also found the other residents friendly, embracing new members into their group, which is a credit to the management and staff in how they have installed into their home a sense of wellbeing. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Monson Retirement Home to anyone looking for a professional, clean modern friendly caring environment in which to either stay or place a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

Absolutely excellent care home. The building is spotless maintained regardless. The staff are and have been very caring and skilled in looking after my mother. Nothing is too much trouble. The manager has been excellent in communication. The food is freshly cooked every day and the variety of the meals is excellent. I cant praise the home enough and I've not seen another home that comes up to this level. The whole experience has been a weight off my mind in the care of my mother Thank you!!

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

There was a genuine rehabilitation visible in my father and his wife after a very short period of time thanks to very astute management by the staff who were constantly monitoring their care. The premises were spotlessly clean and pleasantly furnished. The staff showed much more interest in their "clients" than I could possibly have envisioned and I strongly recommend Monson Retirement Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Monson Retirement Home? Extremely Likely

This is a superb care home. The carers are friendly and very caring. The environment is homely, and spacious.
My Mother loves the home, and we do too.
My mother broke her leg, and when she returned to the home, they were extremely active in getting her up and walking again.
It takes time and energy and they gave my mother both.
Bravo to all the staff and management.

Submit a Review for Monson Retirement Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Monson Retirement Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Monson Retirement Home