Half Acre House Care Home

Higher Ainsworth Road, Radcliffe, Manchester M26 4JH

Half Acre Residential Home, in Radcliffe, is a purpose-built residential care facility staffed by talented carers, in which thirty-two people with elderly care needs can achieve a relaxing day-to-day lifestyle.

Carers also welcome respite needs from local home carers, with all residents able to enjoy the many activities and outings organised as part of the service, eager to encourage good health and fitness.

The service adheres to the high standards achieved by parent company Four Seasons Health Care and those set out by the Care Quality Commission.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Dawn Hill (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bury Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Half Acre House Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Half Acre House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Half Acre House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.6 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.636 for Half Acre House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (89 Excellents x 5) + (36 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 129 Ratings = 4.636

The 3.563 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Half Acre House Care Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 6.4 positive Reviews (32 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 6.4 Target = 0.313

8.2 Half Acre House Care Home has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.199) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Half Acre House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Half Acre House Care Home

The staff have been helpful and considerate and always welcoming of us as visitors and both caring and thoughtful towards the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Half Acre House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Half Acre House Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2018:

Thank you, Barbara, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Half Acre House Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Staff always helpful and friendly - lovely atmosphere. My friend likes the staff, food and settled in well. The home is calm and well organised.

How likely would you be to recommend Half Acre House Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Half Acre House Care Home responded to this review on 12 Apr 2018:

Thank you, Elaine, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Half Acre House Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I am settled at Half Acre and have made some good friends. I play games and sing songs. I have lovely experiences on a daily basis and really enjoy staying here.

Staff are always fully aware of residents status. They have organised helpful information passing meetings on a one to one basis. We feel it is a very safe environment for our relative. We are kept full informed of any matters concerning our relative. Meals are excellent and never more so than when we visited before Christmas lunch, the tables were beautifully decorated. When food is served while we are visiting, it always looks and smells very appetising!

Half Acre is in general a nice home. The majority of the staff are friendly and conscientious but certain members of staff let it down. The residents need to have more going on in the day to avoid boredom. This has been an ongoing problem since mum came here 3 years ago.
The food is good and the catering staff are excellent. The one criticism is that sometimes the afternoon cup of tea can be overlooked or brought quite late. On the whole I am happy with mums care and when she was poorly recently they couldn't be faulted.

How likely would you be to recommend Half Acre House Care Home? Likely

Melissa Johnson, Home Manager at Half Acre House Care Home responded to this review on 02 Feb 2016:

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review Half Acre House - we appreciate all comments and feedback on the service we provide. I’m concerned about some of the comments you have made regarding activities in the home - we do have a dedicated activities team along with a long list of special days we celebrate throughout the year. I’d like to talk in more detail about this and potentially hear your ideas on any activities your Mum may want to participate in. I’ll be in touch. Many thanks.

Every time I come to see my auntie I feel very welcomed. Staff are very friendly and happy which seems to rub off on everybody involved. My auntie always tells me how much she loves living here. She enjoys the food and feels it's like a 5 star hotel. Well done!

I have found every member of staff are 100% dedicated to the care, safety, wellbeing and happiness of the residents. They are totally professional in their approach. The home and residents rooms are kept in excellent cleanliness. The meals look very appetising in presentation and good value for money. Mum is always smartly dressed and hair clean and groomed, every time we visit the home which is always unexpectedly as we live a long distance away on Anglesey, North Wales. Nothing is too much trouble and you receive a warm welcome.

Mum has been a resident at Half Acre for 2 years, we are very happy with the care and support that she receives from all staff, the carers are friendly and pleasant and mum is really happy there. There is a lot of fun and laughter, but when needed all staff are very professional. The office door is always open to me if I have any concerns and I am made aware of any concerns from them. I would recommend Half Acre Care Home 100%. Very pleased.

I visit the home on a weekly basis and I am very impressed with the care and kindness shown towards all the residents. The staff are always very welcoming and can't do enough for you nothing is too much trouble for them. My friend is always treated with respect and feels safe living at Half Acre. I can not recommend the home and staff enough.

The place is amazing! My mum has been a resident since about June this year. It was an extremely difficult transition for my mum, but the staff there have helped her settle in brilliantly. They always have a smile on their faces and I have sat and watched how they interact with their residents. They have fun with them sing and dance and have loads of love to share. I feel that some of them have become friends too. I know it said no names and they are all great, really the best and worth their weight in gold.

The one to one attention by carers to residents (mother) was excellent, nothing was too much trouble. I was always kept informed of my mothers welfare and how she was coping with life in general.

Submit a Review for Half Acre House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Half Acre House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Half Acre House Care Home