Beechfield Lodge

232 Eccles Old Road, Pendleton, Salford M6 8AG

Anchor's Beechfield Lodge in Salford is a purpose-built care home, providing quality care and facilities within a comfortable and relaxing environment. Located in the heart of the community, it provides residential and dementia care for up to 60 customers.

The home provides residential care which is personally tailored to meet the individual needs of customers and enhance their quality of life. The care team work with customers and their loved ones to create detailed care plans to ensure each individual’s health and care needs are continually met. Anchor provide dementia care and provide on-going training to care staff to ensure their approach always reflects best practice.

Anchor was voted one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in 2016. They are England’s largest provider of housing and care for those aged over 55 years and have over 40 years’ experience as a not-for-profit provider of services to older people.

Anchor's dementia care team achieved the Outstanding Dementia Care Innovation for their Anchor Inspires Programme and the use of iPads at the Dementia Care Awards in 2015. Anchor reinvest the money made into their retirement properties and care homes, to continually raise standards to provide a high-quality service to surpass the customer’s expectations.

Group: Anchor

Person in charge: Sharon Bollesty (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Salford City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Beechfield Lodge is situated close to local services and amenities including:

Hope Library within a short walk.
Trafford Park and Media City Studios are within 2 miles.
Our home is on local bus routes 10, 52, 67,68, 70 and 100.
There are doctor's surgeries within half a mile of Beechfield Lodge.
The nearest hospital is Salford Royal which is within half a mile.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Beechfield Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Beechfield Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Beechfield Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.764 for Beechfield Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (112 Excellents x 5) + (30 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 4.764

The 4.583 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Beechfield Lodge is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.583

9.3 Beechfield Lodge has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.347) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Beechfield Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Beechfield Lodge

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Carers were cheerful and caring even when my father was grumpy and uncooperative or demanding. They managed his medication and personal care needs with dignity and coped with his moods with warmth, patience and humour. The care home was always clean and comfortable and the food varied, tasty and well presented. Staff very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident at Beechfield Lodge for almost 3 years before her death at the age of 99 in January this year. Whilst she lived there I can only praise everyone for their care and kindness. Mum felt happy, safe and cared for. Unfortunately, my sister and I were disappointed and saddened that no one from Beechfield came to Mum's funeral. It seemed as though she was forgotten about now she was no longer there.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Sharon Bollesty, Home Manager at Beechfield Lodge responded to this review on 05 Apr 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

We are sincerely sorry that due to the requirements of the home, both the activity coordinator and the catering assistant were not able to attend the funeral. However, a staff member did attend on behalf of Beechfield Lodge but I fully understand if you were not aware of this on the actual day. I would like to reassure you, your Mother was very highly thought of and this was evident of the lovely messages wrote in our condolence book.

I hope I have addressed your concerns satisfactorily, however, if you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

I've looked a number of care homes in the area but Beechfield Lodge was the best. The staff are very friendly and professional, they work very hard and do an amazing job. All the residents look happy and the food is lovely, my mother is eating more here than she did at home.
The staff keep up informed, contacting you if there are any issues.
There are no restrictions on visiting call in anytime, the home is bright and airy and roomy. The residents are safe and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Being faced with the situation of your loved one having to move into care is probably one of the hardest things a family has to go through, however, after looking around at numerous care homes, we knew from the moment we stepped into Beechfield Lodge that this was where our dad would be happy. The building, the staff, the management and atmosphere is truly fantastic. We are so happy we were lucky enough to find Beechfield and have never looked back since. We can't recommend them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

My aunty was thankfully cared for here until she sadly died last month. The home is spotless, welcoming and well run. My aunty's room was of a very high standard and was always kept immaculate, as was she. There were always activities for her to be involved with. I am grateful that she enjoyed living at Beechfield Lodge and she was well cared for, included and safe. The meals were of the highest standard as is the running of the home. Staff and management are approachable, friendly and professional. It is a lovely home and I am so grateful I found it. Others should follow their example.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Although Dad suffered with Dementia, he was very happy and was always encouraged to join in activities. He was spoken to by name by all staff and always treated with respect.

The food and choices are excellent and every room is clean and tidy.

Without doubt a top care home, well run with caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Having to make the decision to place my wife in a care home was probably the most difficult decision of my life, but knowing that she is being treated safely and empathically in a dignified manner has helped me make this transition as easy as possible. All staff are well trained and are keen to answer questions and if they don't know the answer they will find out or guide me to the relevant person. Care is tailored to the individual and all staff seem to be interested in the residents. Facilities and apartments are of a high standard and cleanliness are faultless. I can honestly say that the care my wife is receiving has exceeded my expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother moved into Beechfield Lodge in October 2016 and we have been delighted with the expert care and consideration offered by the cheerful staff.
The manager inspires conscientious dedication and we have been impressed by the excellent medical attention, cleanliness, interesting social activities and delicious, well-balanced, home-cooked meals.
We are highly satisfied and confident, that my mother is in the safest of environments and would highly recommend Beechfield Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

I can only praise all the staff who are so caring, compassionate and kind to my husband and also my mother (she died December 2016). My husband is very settled and happy in Beechfield which despite wishing he was home with me, I know that he is being cared for and loved by everyone. This is very comforting to me.
Thank you to everyone for making the final stages of my husband's life a good one for him. The only thing I would pick up on is that I am providing extra food each day to boost his calorie intake and this I feel should be met by the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have always been very pleased by the care mum has been given. This home in my opinion has a very high standard and because of this I would recommend it to anyone. I have recently mentioned such to a friend of mine and now she has a relative living in Beechfield Lodge settled and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

My wife spent 2 months reviewing every care provider for our Mum's complex need after strokes and heart attacks in 2013 abruptly stole her independence and mobility.
Having visited those on short list, there was only one we would trust with her care.
Nothing has changed a total belief our family made the best possible choice with Beechfield Lodge for Mum
The building is as close to home as she can get.
The staff, both personal care and management is as good as it gets when you can't do it yourself.
This really is a credit to the caring profession.
Thank you on Mum's behalf.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechfield Lodge? Extremely Likely

Making the hard decision that your parent would be best places with a 24/7 care environment is something most never wanted to do. However choosing Beechfield has proven to be one of the best decisions we could have made. Mum has mixed dementia and has been here since October. She is now very settled and the most relaxed and un-anxious I have seen her in a long while. The staff are all great. They have a caring nature and understand the needs of those residents with dementia and how to work with them. They have regular meal and break times, regular activities. Mum has her hair done every other week at the hairdressers. Her flatlet is kept clean and tidy as is her laundry. She is helped with her personal needs & kept clean, tidy & dressed nicely. She has a key worker who gets to know her well and all the carers and team leaders get to know and interact with the residents (and family members) in a family friendly way. I am relieved to know that when I come away my mum is safe & happy.

Submit a Review for Beechfield Lodge

Recipient: Anchor

October 2017

CQC rated Good October 2017

Recipient: Beechfield Lodge

Date: Wednesday 25 Oct 2017

March 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beechfield Lodge