Daneside Mews Care Home, Northwich, Cheshire

Located near the river Dane in Northwich, Cheshire, Daneside Mews Care Home is a purpose built 34 bedded property offering residential dementia care.

At Daneside Mews Care Home residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms; some rooms also have views across the garden.

Daneside Mews chefs pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced home managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Rebecca Walker (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 34 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Daneside Mews Care Home: click here

posted 08 Dec 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.7 Daneside Mews Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.685)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Daneside Mews Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Daneside Mews Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.685 for Daneside Mews Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (153 Excellents x 5) + (54 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 213 Ratings = 4.685

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Daneside Mews Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.8 positive Reviews (34 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 6.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Daneside Mews Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Daneside Mews Care Home

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

Went to see several homes before choosing Daneside Mews. Our first impression was very good, staff friendly and helpful in showing us around.
My mother was very dubious in going into any home but has settled in very well considering her mental condition.
I have visited different times of the day and all the staff have been very caring to my mother and the general feel of the place is homely and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister-in-law looks clean and tidy the home is clean with a lovely room. No complaints about the food she is happy with the staff and well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Likely

My mother has been a resident of Daneside Mews for over 20 months as she has had dementia for about 7yrs and we tried to care for her at home and to be honest did not want to put her in a care home.

Our fears were unfounded as the care she receives is superb, she is treated with dignity and respect, shown love and affection by all the staff. She is well fed and is in a very safe environment. They have regular coffee mornings and entertainment, which residents families are invited to attend. The bedroom is of a good size and is comfortable, clean and warm. Since being at the care home she has been happy and her health has improved as previously she suffered from asthma quite severely. If there is any hint of her not being well the doctor is called to check her over.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in this home (Daneside Mews) for 6 years and seems very happy here. Mum has a lovely room and it is always kept very clean and tidy by the staff.
What can I say about the food, only that many a time I wish I could join the residents in the dining room. (If I asked I probably could!!)
The care and love that is given here to the residents by staff and management, in my mind and experience, is first class. I would highly recommend this care home to anyone who is looking for a care home in this area.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

A very sincere 'thank you' to all members of staff for the care, support and dignity you all give to my very dear husband. I could not do this without you all. I do not feel like an outsider when I visit my husband, but part of a small and very loving, caring family that he now belongs to, as well as myself. Thank you all again.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very nice care home. The staff very nice and helpful and did their very best to make sure my sister had proper meals, being a vegetarian. They went out of their way to make sure she was eating properly.
I am happy with all aspects of the home and know my sister is being looked after, so thank you to all concerned. As we live away in Cumbria, it is peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff generally are very caring but don't seem to have enough time just to sit and spend quality time listening and encouraging the residents. They have many tasks to perform during the day and always seem to be very busy. The new manager is very approachable and listened to our concerns and gets things done.
The home is well decorated and light and kept very clean. Some meals are not appropriate for the resident to manage unaided. We are pleased that the new manager is making improvements and cares.

Food & Drink: Poor

HC-One, Careline Team at Daneside Mews Care Home responded to this review on 23 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services.
Within the home, we work within a staffing grid which ensures we have the correct amount of staff to support the Residents as per governance from CQC and HC-One. I am very confident that my staffing team are interacting well with the Residents which I see daily while walking about the home.
Please come and speak to me or any of the team around the meals, as we welcome training and improvement opportunities. We also review likes and dislikes for our Residents. Many thanks for your comments about the staffing and myself, your very kind comments will be passed on to all of the team.

General care is very good. The food is excellent as are the activities. The staff are friendly and helpful. The only issue to date is communication with contact and phones.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Likely

Katie Price, Careline Advisor at Daneside Mews Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2017:

Thank-you for your lovely review of Daneside mews.
Myself and the staff appreciate your feedback. It helps us to improve the home and care given.
Here at the home we work to a staffing grid which states how many staff are working on each shift, Which we always work to.
Many thanks

The young carers are amazing. Very caring to residents all going to their level to communicate. The food is good.
Regular drinks available.
Very satisfied with the care my mother is being given.
Your new manager is very efficient and bringing things back to order.
If anything sometimes it would help if more staff were available.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank-you for your lovely review of Daneside mews.
Here at the home we work to a staffing grid which states how many staff are working on each shift, which we always work to.
Many thanks

Our Mum has been resident at Daneside Mews since February 2016, never at any time have we had reason to worry about our Mum's care. She is happy, well cared for, well fed, (Mum actually eats far better at the home than she did at home). She is kept clean. She is treated like "one of the family", with kindness and love at all times, as all the rest of the residents are too. The home is clean and there are never any unpleasant odours lingering. Mum does not suffer from chest infections as she did before she lived there, her health is monitored constantly. Anything that the staff can do to make the lives of the residents as comfortable and safe as possible is done. The staff are always pleasant to visitors as well as the residents and nothing is ever too much trouble for them. They really are the most caring carers that you can meet. I myself would not be worried about staying in their care myself. The care and treatment of the residents is excellent and they are all known by their name.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum suffered Alzheimers and was brilliantly looked after in Daneside Mews from July 2016 until she died at the age of 98 in February this year. During the whole time she was there, she was treated with the utmost patience, respect, dignity and gentle care and was loved by all. The staff were amazing - so friendly, helpful, attentive and smiley and knew each individual's character so well. Their caring attitude had a very calming influence on both residents and family members and we were so grateful for this as it's such a cruel disease that causes great stress in both sufferer and families.

I would highly recommend Daneside Mews to anyone, no question.

A huge "thank you" to Daneside staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum was a resident from July 2016 until she passed away in February 2017. From day one we knew we had made the right choice for both mum and us as a family. My mum had lived with me all my life so the decision to move her into a care home was very difficult but the staff made this decision much easier for us. As a family we have said many times 'it was the right time and the right place' for mum to move into a care home. She suffered from dementia and we realised that she needed more than we could give her at that stage. Throughout the time mum lived in Daneside Mews Care Home she was treated with respect and dignity but most importantly, love, by all the staff. We could not fault any of the staff or management. As mum became more poorly towards the end, we stayed overnight with her and the staff were brilliant, looking after my sister and I as well as mum.

Daneside has been undergoing refurbishment and the rooms which had been completed while we were visiting were beautifully done.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My step sister in law died 6th November 2016 and had been a resident from March 2016, she had dementia. During her time at the home, she was well cared for by all the staff. Even though she could be difficult to deal with, the staff ensured she was clean and fed. At first, she took part in the daily life and liked to walk the corridors with another resident but as death approached, this stopped. I would recommend anyone to consider Daneside Mews Care Home if they needed a home for a relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

(My mother has dementia) This home is run efficiently and so well- the friendliest staff and with a happy atmosphere. The manager is super, all the girls (and some boys) who work there are always sunny and the receptionist is a welcoming reassuring presence. All in all a place where my mother feels safe and I feel happy to leave her there. Her room is of a good size and pleasantly decorated. The place feels secure and peaceful- my mother is well looked after and we are lucky she is there.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has dementia and is 94 years old and lives with my father who is 97 years old. He is her carer and they have been married for 70 years! Mum had a fall on the 3 February which meant caring for her was more difficult for my dad. He became exhausted and asked me to find 2 weeks respite care. I rang around to nearby care homes and was glad that Daneside Mews would assess mum quickly. She was placed there within 3 days of my call - wonderful! They both want to be back together at their home, but this break has helped enormously.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

A caring well run care home with dedicated staff. Residents are treated with dignity and compassion. My husband was a resident for two weeks respite care. This was his third admission to Daneside Mews for short term respite care.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Likely

My mum was a resident at Daneside Mews for 9 months. She suffered with dementia and also had a broken hip. The staff looked after my mum and gave family amazing support. The care home is well looked after which makes it easy to spend time there. The food was always of a good standard and the staff had great patience helping. My mum eats and drinks keeping her strength up. I would certainly recommend Daneside Mews for their exceptional care and support.

How likely would you be to recommend Daneside Mews Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother arrived at Daneside Mews in December 2015, she was very agitated and distressed after a long care journey. The manager met us at the door and within minutes mum was calm and happy again. Since being here she has improved so much it is such a calm and caring home. Mum is well cared for and nothing is too much trouble. She celebrated her 90th birthday within the first 2 weeks of her stay and everyone made such a fuss of her it was wonderful. This care home is by far superior to other homes we looked at and the one she came from. The manager and staff are excellent. Well done Daneside Mews Care Home.

Submit a Review for Daneside Mews Care Home

Recipient: HC-One

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Daneside Mews Care Home