Mayfields

Naylor Crescent, Netherpool Road, Overpool, Ellesmere Port CH66 1TP

Mayfields is a purpose-designed care environment from MHA, ideally suited to the pursuit of person-centred dementia care packages and offering staff who take pride in understanding each resident's needs.

The home has three gardens that are designed to stimulate reflection, incorporating sensory practices shown to contribute positively to the lives of people with memory loss.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cheshire West and Chester Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 46 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mayfields: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Mayfields is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mayfields in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.776 for Mayfields is calculated as follows: ( (114 Excellents x 5) + (26 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.776

The 3.467 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mayfields is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 9.2 positive Reviews (46 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 9.2 Target = 0.217

8.2 Mayfields has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.243) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mayfields?

Reviewer Connection to Mayfields

The care and support of the staff and all of the carers is excellent. I couldn't recommend all of them highly enough.
My sister had a really bad start but the care and attention of the carers has been wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with the care provided. Lovely staff very welcoming environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

I can only say that I am pleased that I managed to obtain my wife into such a wonderful care home, in all respects for my wife. I see her every day.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

My wife of over 40 years, was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's. After over 4 years of looking after her, I had to make the hardest decision of my life and place my wife's care in the hands of others. The professionalism and understanding of Mayfields management and staff made this transition bearable.

All Residents are respected as individuals and are actively encouraged to treat Mayfields as if it were their own home, within the obvious health and safety boundaries. My wife has been a Resident for over 2 years, during which time, inevitably, her condition has deteriorated, placing a bigger demand on staff time. The very high standard of both physical and mental welfare provided has NOT diminished.

Mayfields was designed and built as a standalone dementia unit. The building is well maintained and where practicable is developed to keep pace with current thinking on building design for dementia. A current thinking approach is taken to the care and mental wellbeing of the Residents.

The staff are always cheerful and this helps to promote a similar demeanour in the Residents. I have only praise and admiration for the care, patience and dedication of the management, staff and volunteers.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

Dad lived at Mayfields from July '14 until his death in Jan '17. From the day I was shown round, I knew this was the right place for my dad. He was treated with respect, care, compassion and love by every member of staff. Clever layout - 3 wings and main central area. Dad loved to walk around - it was never a problem if he ended up on another wing for mealtimes. In fact, nothing was a problem - staff's attitude towards residents was always positive. Lovely having chaplain - he got to know dad well.
Staff were exceptional in their care for our family. Mum visited regularly and was always made very welcome. She appreciated how the carers would chat to her; they cared about her wellbeing as well as dads.
End of life care was exceptional - such respect and love for dad, and such compassion and love to us. I will never forget that. To see carers coming in on that last day paying their respects to dad, saying goodbye to him, saying it had been a privilege caring for him ..... very moving.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

Since Xmas this year my wife has had a very severe chest infection and it has really knocked her for six. I cannot thank the staff on her wing for the way they have looked after her, she would not get better treatment if she had stayed in hospital. It is very nice to see the way they look after all residents and the patience they show with them. I cannot thank them all for their care and patience they have with them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

Have found the best residential home in the area. Had Mother-in-law here 18 months ago and had no hesitation in bringing my mother here. I love visiting and mum really settled quickly with super staff. Always a pleasure and it's fun visiting, great residence.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

I have visited Mayfields ever weekend since February this year and telephoned every evening. I have been made most welcome - and welcomed too, the odd occasion I have had lunch with my sister. The home is extremely clean and the staff warm and loving to the residents. It is difficult to find occupation for residents who have dementia and who are also blind. I wish I could visit each day but the home is about 1 1/2 hours drive from where I live.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in Mayfields for just over two years. My good opinion of the Home is confirmed and in fact strengthened with every day that passes. The main thing I continue to marvel at is the quality of care and the relationship the carers have with the individual residents, but all the staff - management, admin, catering, cleaning, laundry etc., are exceptional. The whole place is so warm and welcoming and so well run. I and my family are made to feel so welcome when we visit. For me it has become a real second home. So much effort was happily given by all the staff to make the recent Christmas celebrations so memorable once again. The highlight was on Christmas Day itself when eight(!) of us in the family were all invited in to have lunch with my wife and all the other residents with their families. The other thing that has recently struck me is the real loving care given to residents and their families during the sad but inevitable last stage of a resident's life.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

I have always been very pleased with my sister's care, I couldn't complain about anything at all. I am very confident of all the care my sister receives and I am so glad that I chose Methodist Homes for her. Carers are so compassionate in all their dealings with all the patients.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

My mum, who has advanced Alzheimer's, moved from the family home to Mayfield in November 2014. We visited several care homes and selected Mayfield's as the best home for her needs. It has surpassed all expectations. Every carer I have met over the past two years has been friendly, professional and super caring. Some have worked there for many years, and each has a wonderful rapport with every resident. The meals are freshly prepared on site and delicious. The home itself is marvellously designed, on one level so residents are safe and free to roam, with three winding colour-coded "wings", each with its own kitchen, dining and living room area, a central lounge area for group events (church services, fairs, Christmas dinners, weekly sing-along and music sessions), and access throughout to a walled, safe and beautiful garden with winding paths and benches. Mayfield's has truly become "home" to my mum, and also to my father, who visits her daily and is welcomed by staff on every visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Mayfields? Extremely Likely

I was fearful of the day when my mother would need to move in to a care home because of her dementia. Mayfields and its staff is, however, the most extraordinary place. The staff are exceptionally welcoming, kind and caring. The place is full of joy, happiness and laughter. Mayfields now feels like an extension of our home. It is very reassuring to know that places like Mayfields exist. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Submit a Review for Mayfields