Aughton Park, Ormskirk, Lancashire

Aughton Park is a purpose-built care facility, designed for both residential care for older people and also dementia care and is staffed by a team of highly-qualified professionals.

Residents enjoy modern, en-suite bedrooms which they are welcome to personalise, within a service that respects each individual's choice of lifestyle, hobbies and activities. They are also free to install their own telephones and WiFI is available without charge. In addition, there are two landscaped gardens, one of which is safe and suitable for people with dementia to enjoy.

Care workers are committed to getting to know each resident in order to understand their personal needs better, with a choice of areas in which to socialise or relax, including a TV lounge, tea bar, dining rooms and a conservatory.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Wayne Jones (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lancashire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £640 – £760 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Aughton Park to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Aughton Park: click here

9.7 Aughton Park has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.733)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Aughton Park is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Aughton Park in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.733 for Aughton Park is calculated as follows: ( (184 Excellents x 5) + (60 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 247 Ratings = 4.733

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Aughton Park is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 10 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Aughton Park?

Reviewer Connection to Aughton Park

• Volunteer

My father has been a resident in the dementia wing of Aughton Park home near Ormskirk since January 2017. I am so happy that we have found such a lovely, homely place for him to live. I visit my dad 2 or 3 times a week and he is always clean, well fed and comfortable. The atmosphere is homely and the staff are lovely and very attentive. I have only praise for the staff and facilities at Aughton Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

My mother has been very happy at Aughton Park. I could not fault the home if I tried. Exceptional care, fantastic food and lovely, caring, helpful staff. I would recommend this care home without a doubt.

Wayne Jones, Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 01 Sep 2017:

Thank you so much for your comments. We are always aiming to provide an excellent service to the individuals we support and with your comments, we know we are heading in the right direction.

My nana lived here for just over 2 years until her death in July. The staff were fantatsic!! They cared for her as they would their own family member. The surroundings are lovely and the downstairs dining room and lobby very welcoming as are the upstairs lounges.

The bedrooms are adequate. The ensuites are lovely but the bedrooms seem very dark and aren't well lit. Apart from that, we cannot praise the staff more highly for the care they gave nana - especially over the last 4 weeks of her life. We would recommend Aughton Park.

Wayne Jones, Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 24 Aug 2017:

Thankyou very much for your kind comments, we are going through a refurbishment programme later this year, which will include residents bedrooms, which hopefully will rectify the lighting issue.

My mum has recently passed away after spending two years and three months at Aughton Park. I can't praise them enough for the loving care and attention she received. In her last weeks, she was treated with such loving care and dignity.
All the staff are outstanding. I always felt confident for my mum's welfare.

Wayne Jones, Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 08 Aug 2017:

It was a privilege to care for mum in the time she was here at Aughton Park and to support her and yourself in her last days. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated caring team.

I like it here all the people are very nice. I love the food it is all very good. My room is very nice and I have made lots of friends. I enjoy the activities and try to join in all of them. My family can visit whenever they like and are always made welcome.

Wayne Jones, Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 02 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that mum has settled in well to life at Aughton Park. We always aim to provide a welcoming atmosphere.

Due to my wife's mental health there was a short time need for her to have some respite and also allow me to have some rest in the process. The accommodation and environment at Aughton Park provided this in an excellent way supported by most excellent staff giving me a peace of mind whilst she was there. Our grateful thanks to all at Aughton Park at this very difficult time in our 53 years of marriage.

Wayne Jones, Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 17 May 2017:

Thank you, I am glad that you both had the rest you needed, and that you are both now home together. We look forward to seeing you both here at Aughton Park for a sing song in the near future.

If you are looking for a care home for a loved one then look no further. My mother received the best care here. Everything was perfect and there was no hesitation in offering this. The home kept me informed of her condition and I actually felt part of a team! All staff were, caring, friendly and attentive. I was able to visit anytime and my mind was at peace knowing how well she was being cared for. No negatives at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Wayne Jones, Home manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 20 Mar 2017:

Dear Alison, it was our privilege to care for mum, as it is for every one of our residents. We endeavour to ensure that all relatives are kept informed and updated on a regular basis and that you are made to feel as part of the Aughton Park family and I'm glad you felt this. Please don't be a stranger.

I am delighted with the consistent excellent care of my mother. I am kept fully informed of her welfare and am happy to be contacted if needs arise. I live locally and am able to visit frequently. I always arrive with a cheery welcome and I am fully aware of the warm and caring Christian atmosphere that prevails. Thank you to a brilliant staff.

Wayne Jones, Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 19 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your kind words, we do our best to make everyone feel welcome here at Aughton. I am proud of the care our team not only provide for the residents we support, but for those like yourself who visit.

My sister has only been in Aughton Park for four weeks but in that short time my sister tells me that she has no worries or complaints and is settling down nicely in Aughton Park care facility.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Wayne Jones, Home Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 02 Feb 2017:

Hi John, Thankyou for your comments, our aim is to make all new residents feel at home and help settle from their first day.

Aughton Park has a welcoming "ambience" enhanced by a pleasant efficient management and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Wayne Jones, Home Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 05 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your kind comments. We aim to make everyones visit here to Aughton Park a positive experience, and hope to make a lasting impression.

My father spent the final 9 months of his life at Aughton Park and the care that he received during that time was outstanding. He was not always the easiest resident and his health was steadily declining but the staff always showed him friendship, respect, love and care - which made his increasing dependence more bearable. We were always kept up to date with his health and treatment and warmly welcomed on our visits. I would recommend Aughton Park as a caring, Christian home.

Wayne Jones, Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 04 Jan 2017:

Thankyou for your kind comments Christine, it was a priviledge to support Dad in his final months. We pride ourselves on being the best we can be, and comments like this shows us we are going in the right direction.

As a volunteer overlooking home, everything possible is done to satisfy residents needs and wellbeing. Some staff go beyond the call of duty. One resident's daughter is getting married too far away for her to attend. Buttonholes were brought for her and her friends. The music from the wedding was played to them and champagne glasses with soft drink given to toast the couple and cakes provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Wayne Jones, Home Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 31 Aug 2016:

Hi Joan,
Thankyou for your kind comments.

My mother was welcomed into the home in July and we have only very positive comments to make on the experience to date. The manager, staff and volunteers have worked extremely hard to appropriately assess mum's needs, meet them, and support her effectively into integrating into the care environment/care community. Mum is on a difficult journey in terms of vascular dementia and other health concerns. We have cared for her exclusively for the past 3 years. We are very confident she is now in a place where her needs can be fully met.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Wayne Jones, Home Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

Hi Jackie, Thankyou for your kind comments. We endeavour to do our best here at Aughton, and through working together we can make the care we provide more person centred for individuals like mum, which hopefully makes the transition easier.

My experience is good as a volunteer. I have become one after my mother died in the home where she was very happy cared for and treated with love and respect. The staff are very professional and as a volunteer have made me very welcome and it's a pleasure to go and be with the ladies each week.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Wayne Jones, Home Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 17 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your kind comments Janet, and we value the help and support you offer both to our residents and staff alike.

My father came into your care on 6 June '16 from a rest home. I and all my family are absolutely delighted with the level of care, but more particularly the kindness showed to my father. Nothing is too much trouble. He is now 96 and has always been a legendary good eater but recently has been off his food. If he hasn't fancied his dinner they have made him a sandwich instead. They are all so very tolerant of Dad. He isn't the easiest man in the world! The daily entertainment is also excellent and well thought out. I haven't named individual staff because they are all brilliant and a real credit to you. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Wayne Jones, Home Manager at Aughton Park responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

Hi Tracey, Thank you so much for your comments. We strive to be the best we can. We have a fantastic team here at Aughton Park and we are pleased to hear you and dad are happy with the support he's getting.

My mother has been a resident for approximately six years and the care of all the staff has been exceptional. I would highly recommend Aughton Park to anyone looking for a care home. My mother is now 100 years old and the staff, the caring atmosphere and environment has enhanced her well-being. Well done Aughton Park and Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

My wife and I visited a friend recently accepted into your care. We were delighted with the whole place, not least our friend's room and furnishings, with the staff members we met, and every visible aspect of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Happy with care and attention provided. All staff seem happy and friendly and attentive towards my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Aughton Park is a very nice well run care home. The staff are always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the residents needs and they genuinely seem to care. The home itself is always clean and tidy and well maintained. There is an ongoing programme of activities and there are also quiet areas to sit in for those wishing to not take part. The residents themselves always look clean and well cared for and the atmosphere in the home is always cheerful and up beat. I visit many care homes as part of my job and find Aughton Park to be one of the best. I would be happy for one of my relatives to live there.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

Aughton Park is a care home in the true sense of the word care. The staff really care for the residents. This is evidenced in the respect, kindness, patience and dedication they show. My father has now been living at Aughton Park for three years and I have been so impressed with the care he has received. I have never had cause to worry about him. I can't recommend Aughton Park highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Aughton Park? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident in Aughton Park since April 2011 and throughout that time has received care of the highest quality. From the home manager to the senior carers to the most junior member of staff that I have met there is a continuity of standard. My mother is content and extremely appreciative of all that is done for her. We as a family are convinced that she would no longer be with us but for the efforts of all at the home to not only care for her but also make her feel valued and part of their "family".

Submit a Review for Aughton Park

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Aughton Park

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Aughton Park