Holcroft Grange

Jackson Avenue, Culcheth, Warrington WA3 4DZ

Holcroft Grange is located in a vibrant part of Culcheth and enjoys close links to the local community. It offers 40 rooms for older people looking for a comfortable and friendly environment, and has a caring and qualified staff team.

The home is passionate about delivering high care standards, working closely with the Care Quality Commission and always on the look out for new methods and techniques made available in the healthcare industry.

Group: Minster Care Group

Person in charge: Ashleigh Carey (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warrington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Holcroft Grange: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Holcroft Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Holcroft Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.664 for Holcroft Grange is calculated as follows: ( (85 Excellents x 5) + (38 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 125 Ratings = 4.664

The 3.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Holcroft Grange is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.250

8.2 Holcroft Grange has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.164) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Holcroft Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Holcroft Grange

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

My first experience of a care home, I have only ever heard bad news about care homes but how wrong they are. I cannot praise the staff of this home enough and when I say, staff, I mean all staff, the ones doing the caring and the all too forgotten staff behind the scenes i.e. cooks cleaners, maintenance man etc.
My mother was cared for in this home right up to her last day, all staff were excellent caring not just for the welfare of my mother but that of the family.
The care home is run as one big family, warm and inviting.

Thank You for changing my view of care homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

My husband goes into Holcroft Grange for respite care. He his well looked after there and the staff are very kind and helpful.
They are polite and understanding because it is difficult for me as his wife and family because he is suffering from Alzheimer's and Dementia, which puts added strain on the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

My experience at Holcroft Grange care home has been very good. All the staff and management are very caring. Nothing is too much trouble for them. My mother has been living there for 4 1/2 years and my father 3 years. My mother is very frail now and bed bound but they still continue to care for her with dignity and are always so very caring. It means I have piece of mind when I am not there. My mums life is nearing it's end now and I know she is getting the very best care. The staff are very good to me too, knowing I am upset they do their best to comfort me.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

Shirley Paton, Home Manager at Holcroft Grange responded to this review on 10 Aug 2016:

Thank you so much for this moving feedback. We feel privileged to be supporting your parents and it means a great deal to us to know that you have full confidence in their care here at Holcroft Grange. We will ensure this feedback is shared with the staff team.

Holcroft Grange provides excellent day to day care and support for my mother. They have regular activities and entertainment being organised for the residents involvement and enjoyment.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

Shirley, Home Manager at Holcroft Grange responded to this review on 08 Aug 2016:

We are delighted to hear that your mother is enjoying the activities and support at Holcroft. We are committed to maintaining a vibrant atmosphere with a wide range of activities, and we really appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback.

My dad stayed at Holcroft Grange for respite and has been very well cared for. Positive and helpful staff members with very good communication.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Likely

Shirley Paton, Home Manager at Holcroft Grange responded to this review on 28 Jul 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback about our staff team. We are really pleased to hear that you and your father are satisfied with his support at Holcroft, and we are delighted to have him with us. Thanks again.

My cousin is very settled and we are very happy with every aspect of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

Shirley Paton, Home Manager at Holcroft Grange responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

We are delighted to hear that your cousin is settled and happy at Holcroft Grange. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this feedback, which means a great deal to our team.

There are always lots of activities going on for the residents. The staff are always friendly, helpful, always trying to go the extra mile and try to make it a home from home. There always seems to be a lot of love to go around. Whenever we visit it always seems to have a family atmosphere whatever time of day we go. It is also very clean and doesn't have any nasty smells. My mother was never happy to leave her home but now seems very happy in her new home, she has been at the home for quite a few years now.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. Our team will be delighted to know that your mother is so happy here. They really do make an effort to keep activities varied and engaging, and to ensure a loving, homely atmosphere at Holcroft. It's great to hear that this has been your family's experience.

I have lived in this home 9 years and I find it is really well run.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Likely

Shirley Paton, Home Manager at Holcroft Grange responded to this review on 19 Jul 2016:

Thank you very much for this lovely feedback. Our activities co-ordinator works really hard to ensure an excellent range of things to get involved in, and we know this makes a real difference. I will ensure your feedback gets passed on to the team, and we are delighted to hear that you feel happy and secure at Holcroft.

My aunt spent the last eighteen months of her life at Holcroft and absolutely loved her time there. She regularly said it was like living in Buckingham Palace!
The staff were absolutely marvellous with her, and all the residents, they always had time to stop and chat with her and us the relatives when we visited or phoned. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The activities organised for them were exceptional, very varied to suit all tastes and abilities.
When my aunt was unwell in the last few weeks of her life the staff were extremely attentive and caring which meant a lot to us, her family, as we all live a long way away and were unable to be there at times.
It's the staff that make a place not the physical building and the staff at Holcroft are very special.
I would recommend this home to anybody who is thinking of moving out of their own home.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

My dad moved into Holcroft Grange on 1st September 2015. He had had frequent falls and injuries and was becoming increasingly frail and unwell. Since moving into Holcroft Grange he has improved considerably and now looks better than he has for years. Despite frequently saying he didn't want to go into a care home, he has settled in really well and is very very happy. He often phones us up excited about what has been happening and events that have taken place.
Every time dad phones, he tells us in great detail about the meals he has enjoyed. He says the food is fantastic and he has put on half a stone since admission.
I am a community RGN and visit a lot of care homes . I think Holcroft Grange is outstanding. There is a lovely atmosphere and the care given to the residents is exceptional.
I am so grateful to all the staff and it is so wonderful to know that my dear old dad is living in such a lovely place.

How likely would you be to recommend Holcroft Grange? Extremely Likely

We were very impressed with the home. It is a lively home, very welcoming. The staff are personable and also willing to help at all times. It is clean and light and friendly.

Submit a Review for Holcroft Grange

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Holcroft Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Holcroft Grange