Westy Hall

Marsden Avenue, Latchford, Warrington WA4 1UB

Westy Hall is a purpose-built residential care home approximately two miles from the centre of Warrington town centre and one mile from Latchford village. The home includes a ten bed household called The Hollies, specifically designed to support the needs of people with dementia, with an open plan layout designed to aid orientation and independence.

Westy Hall's activities programme and regular outings are particular popular with residents, making for a vibrant and sociable atmosphere in the home.

Group: Minster Care Group

Person in charge: Katya Lyon (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warrington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 39 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Westy Hall: click here

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Westy Hall is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Westy Hall in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.833 for Westy Hall is calculated as follows: ( (110 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 132 Ratings = 4.833

The 3.506 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Westy Hall is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 7.8 positive Reviews (39 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 7.8 Target = 0.256

8.3 Westy Hall has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.339) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Westy Hall?

Reviewer Connection to Westy Hall

The management and staff are kind and helpful. The food is of a good quality.

How likely would you be to recommend Westy Hall? Extremely Likely

When Mums condition deteriorated we had to consider a care home for her. We visited many but we were drawn to Westy because they were relaxed in their approach to us visiting. I realise now that that was because they had nothing to hide. Mum's care was always consistent. The staff at Westy and I mean ALL the staff from the manager to the caretaker have been amazing. They didn't just look after Mum they cared for her. They gave her back her dignity and her smile.

How likely would you be to recommend Westy Hall? Extremely Likely

Welcoming and positive staff who openly demonstrate a passion for caring. Westy Hall and the staff demonstrate the belief that they work in the resident's home and the residents needs come first. Bright, airy rooms and lounges provide a stimulating environment for the residents. An active and challenging programme of events and excellent choice of food delivered by smiling, friendly staff. It is a pleasure fo visit my aunt. Peace of mind for all the family to know she lives in a safe and caring community.

How likely would you be to recommend Westy Hall? Extremely Likely

Both myself and my sister count our lucky stars that we found Westy Hall. After visiting numerous homes in the Warrington area, we knew as soon as we stepped through the door that this was a home from home for our dad. The carers are genuinely compassionate and caring and have always treated our dad with dignity and respect. There is entertainment for them and a lovely garden to enjoy in the summertime. When our dad became poorly and at his 'end of life' (after many years at the home) the carers couldn't do enough for him and for us. It's so hard to find somewhere that you feel you can put your trust in, but I can honestly say Westy Hall is a gem. Thank you to everyone there. You made a very difficult time easier, knowing dad would be well looked after when he could no longer look after himself. Bless you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Westy Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law was in respite care at Westy Hall, Warrington during the summer. She was looked after in the EMI Unit as she has Alzheimer's and needs specialist care. The manager and staff at Westy Hall were wonderful; they cared for her with patience, understanding and compassion. My mother-in-law presented very challenging behaviour while she was in respite care and the staff on the EMI Unit went above and beyond their job to alleviate her anxiety and to ensure that she was safe.

Katya Lyon, Home Manager at Westy Hall responded to this review on 12 Aug 2016:

We were most touched to read your moving comments. We count ourselves lucky to do the job that we do, and it's important to us that you felt reassured your mother-in-law was being well cared for during her time with us. Our household environment allows us to provide more specialist care for people with a diagnosis of dementia, and our staff are trained to use positive strategies when supporting people. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback, which I am sure will be greatly appreciated by the team.

I started to visit local care homes after my dad had had a number of falls and required full time care. I made an unannounced visit to Westy Hall and was made extremely welcome and shown around by a member of the staff. I knew before I left that this was the place where I wanted my dad to live. I have never regretted for even a second choosing Westy Hall and consider it was mine and dad's lucky day when he moved there. The staff are wonderful and treat my dad with care and respect. There is such a warm, friendly atmosphere in Westy Hall. The manager is always approachable and I know that my dad is safe in her and her team's care. The newly refurbished gardens are lovely and we can sit outside on sunny days and have a coffee. My dad loves his food and from what he says to me he really enjoys the meals cooked for him. All in all, moving to live at Westy Hall has been a resounding success for my dad and peace of mind for me. A huge thank you to everyone who works at Westy Hall!

Katya Lyon, Home Manager at Westy Hall responded to this review on 08 Aug 2016:

It has been a delight for us to have your Dad move in with us at Westy, and we are absolutely delighted to hear that he is so happy here. I will pass your feedback onto our team, as it will mean a great deal to everyone working here. The garden improvements have been a real bonus, and we are glad to hear that they are making a difference.

My father was in Westy Hall from November 2013 until he died in June 2014 and my mother went in December 2013 and is still a resident there. The care they both had, and my mum still has, is absolutely wonderful. The only reason she is in "care" is for physical reasons and couldn't be better booked after.
She has all she needs in her room which is spotless at all times, her clothes are well laundered and her food (which she has in her room) is beautifully served with all her likes and dislikes taken into consideration. I have written this as even though she would have liked to do it herself, she cannot as she has arthritis in her hands.

Katya Lyon, Home Manager at Westy Hall responded to this review on 16 Mar 2016:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. It has been a privilege to support your parents and we are delighted to hear that your mother is so content at Westy Hall. I will ensure your comments are shared with the staff team. Thanks again.

My nan has come on in leaps and bounds since coming to this care home. The staff are very warm and welcoming, and attentive to the resident's needs. The food is always to an excellent standard with plenty of variety and my nan always enjoys it.

Katya Lyon, Home Manager at Westy Hall responded to this review on 23 Feb 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are delighted to hear that your grandmother is thriving since coming to Westy. It is a privilege to have her here!

My nan didn't want to end up in a care home, and after a bad fall, ended up coming to Westy Care Home. Now she is here she loves it. She has come on really well while she's been here, with the help of the lovely members of staff. We are always welcomed when we come here, the staff go out of their way for both residents and us visitors. Nan enjoys the food and the company of other residents, has some of her independence back, and is treated with dignity and respect.

Katya Lyon, Home Manager at Westy Hall responded to this review on 23 Feb 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are all delighted to hear that your grandmother is happy and well supported at Westy Hall.

My mother became a resident at Westy Hall over 2 years ago. During this time her health and appearance has improved considerably. The excellent care and support she is receiving from staff is exceptional.
The bedrooms do not have the benefit of en-suite facilities as the home is a 60's build, but there are plenty of toilet/bathrooms etc around the home. The food and laundry are also excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending this care home to others.

Katya Lyon, Home Manager at Westy Hall responded to this review on 23 Feb 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. It means a great deal to all the team working here and we are delighted to hear that you are pleased with your mother's progress since moving to Westy. It's a privilege to have her in our care.

Please do not be put off by the outside of the building, inside it is bright and airy. The best asset is the staff and management. They really care and do their best. The chefs cater for all tastes and nothing is too much trouble. Soup is made fresh every day and there is always a choice of food.
My mother in law has settled quite well as it is still early days. No one wants to move into care, but when it is impossible to live on your own, Westy Hall is well worth looking at.
This is my second association with a CLS home, and I have always been satisfied with their care.

Katya Lyon, Home Manager at Westy Hall responded to this review on 15 Feb 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback, which means a great deal to all the staff here. We are delighted to hear that your mother-in-law is enjoying her experience at Westy Hall.

Submit a Review for Westy Hall