Cantley Grange

St Wilfreds Road, Cantley, Doncaster DN4 6AH

Cantley Grange is built over two storeys and provides specialist dementia and residential care for up to 40 residents.

The care team strive to deliver high-quality care in a comfortable environment, making use of the home's gardens which provide residents with a peaceful and secure space to relax and socialise.

All bedrooms at Cantley Grange are en-suite and are decorated to a high standard, with modern furnishings and fittings throughout.

The home lies at the centre of the community enabling residents and staff to take part in local events.

An activity coordinator plans a varied schedule of events, including excursions and activities, and residents are encouraged to remain active and interact with home life, this includes taking part in quizzes, reminiscence therapy, exercise sessions or trips out.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Sandra Allen (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

From Doncaster City Centre, follow the signs for Doncaster Racecourse. Head down Bennethorpe until you reach the roundabout. Head straight over the roundabout onto A638 Bawty Rd. Following the signs towards Cantley, take a left onto Whin Hill Rd and a right when you reach St Wilfred's Rd. Follow on this road until you see the sign for the home on the right.

No restrictions on visiting for friends and family members.

Free parking on site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cantley Grange: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Cantley Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cantley Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.651 for Cantley Grange is calculated as follows: ( (60 Excellents x 5) + (17 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 83 Ratings = 4.651

The 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cantley Grange is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.750

9.4 Cantley Grange has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.401) from 7 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cantley Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Cantley Grange

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

I think the staff at Cantley Grange are very hard working, sociable with the residents and polite with visitors. The staff attend their every needs. It's the best home for my auntie to be in.

How likely would you be to recommend Cantley Grange? Extremely Likely

Sandra Allen, Home Manager at Cantley Grange responded to this review on 12 Dec 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Cantley Grange, all feedback is really appreciated and I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team. I am very pleased to read that you feel the home is the best for your Auntie to be in, we strive on providing the best care possible for all of our residents and making their relatives feel as welcome as possible.
Sandra Allen, Home Manager

My mum has been a resident at Cantley Grange since January 2015 and as a family, we are very satisfied with the care Mum has received.
The home is always warm and my mum is well cared for and enjoys the food served, friendly environment.
Things have improved since they replaced chairs and carpets with cushion floor as it did tend to be quite smelly at times.
Kitchen areas really need to be replaced as quite run down.
The only issue I have is that they can't seem to get Mum showered/bathed at regular times due to the fact she can be extremely difficult and they are not allowed to force her to bath and change her clothes!!

How likely would you be to recommend Cantley Grange? Extremely Likely

Sandra Allen, Home Manager at Cantley Grange responded to this review on 08 Sep 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave the review about your mum, and we are glad that your overall feeling about the home is positive.
We continually strive to provide the best care and environment for our residents and we take on board feedback, which we share with colleagues.

We recently updated at our Resident & Relatives meeting our upgrades plans for various parts of the home, and we will provide further information as these develop.

Any care practices are aimed at providing the very best person-centred care, whilst adhering to best care practices, and we will continue to work with you and our families to achieve the best care for each individual.

Kind regards

We had struggled with my mother's dementia for 4 to 5 years when my father went into hospital and subsequently died it tipped her over the edge.
I never thought I would find a good enough care home. Cantley Grange has been wonderful.
My mother is the happiest she has been for years.
She is clean, well nourished, hair and nails done, and up for all activities.
The staff are great, more like a family, and really care about her.
I could not be happier with the situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Cantley Grange? Extremely Likely

Sandra Allen, Home Manager at Cantley Grange responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Cantley Grange, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you feel your mum is happy and well looked after and that she is enjoying the wide range of activities on offer.
Kind regards, Home Manager

My mum is in Cantley Grange and has been for two years.
I find mum is quite happy there.
She is looked after very well by happy and caring staff.
The food is good and well presented.
The building is kept clean and tidy by hardworking cleaners.
Overall I would recommend the home to anyone looking to put a relative into care.

How likely would you be to recommend Cantley Grange? Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Cantley Grange, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you feel your mum is well looked after, and that you would have no hesitation in recommending our home.
Kind regards Home Manager

Have transferred my brother to the care of Cantley Grange care home as the other one he was in was inadequate. I find this care home very friendly and caring and nothing is too much and my brother is very happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Cantley Grange? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Cantley Grange, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that your brother has settled in and is very happy and that you find the home very friendly and caring.
Kind regards, Home Manager

My husband has been a resident of Cantley Grange for three and half years and has sadly recently just passed away. The staff have been amazing very caring and professional to the end. They made his time he lived there a really comfortable one and we both felt part of an extended family. The care he received at the end was second to none and we will be forever grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Cantley Grange? Extremely Likely

Sandra Allen, Home Manager at Cantley Grange responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to review Cantley Grange. It is lovely to hear that you feel that staff are caring and professional. I am pleased your husband felt comfortable during his stay in the home and I will ensure I share all of your comments with the team. Kind regards

The care and professionalism displayed by the staff has been exemplary.
Communication at a time of great stress has been excellent.
The team of staff at Cantley Grange have more than earned my gratitude and that of my family for their continuing care of my mother and the way she has always been treated whilst a dementia-suffering resident.

How likely would you be to recommend Cantley Grange? Extremely Likely

Sandra Allen, Home Manager at Cantley Grange responded to this review on 20 Apr 2017:

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased that your mother enjoyed her stay here and that you were happy with the care that she received.
Our staff do work hard to maintain a high standard of care and communication.
It is lovely to know that this is noted.
Thank you again.

Submit a Review for Cantley Grange

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Cantley Grange

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cantley Grange