Layden Court Care Home

All Hallows Drive, Maltby, Rotherham S66 8NL

Layden Court Care Home is positioned in its own grounds in the village of Maltby, and is convenient for public transport, shops and other amenities.

The service provides residential care for people who need support with everyday activities such as washing, dressing or eating, as well as keeping on top of taking regular medications. Nursing care is also available at the home for people who live with more complex medical needs.

Nursing and residential care is also provided for those living with dementia or those enduring other mental health issues.

Short-term respite care is also offered at the home and intermediate nursing care is also available as an alternative to a hospital stay.

Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is offered with choices being available. Special diets can be catered for.

With a dedicated activities coordinator in place, you will be rest assured that there will always be activities taking place in and out of the home for residents to enjoy.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Jenny Hololob (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 92 Service Users

Admission Information: Over 65's. Ages 52+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Afrikaans, Hindi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Layden Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Layden Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Layden Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.171 for Layden Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (78 Excellents x 5) + (119 Goods x 4) + (36 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 234 Ratings = 4.171

The 4.815 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Layden Court Care Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18.4 positive Reviews (92 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 18.4 Target = 0.815

9 Layden Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (8.986) from 20 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Layden Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Layden Court Care Home

Staff are very good.
Meals good.
Find Markham a bit small, but Mum gets good care which is most important.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 May 2018:

Thank you, Julie, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Layden Court Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I've completed a review form before but as this is just a snapshot in time and things can change, I decided to complete a form again.
Really nothing significant has changed. My wife has now been here for 5 years and I would unreservedly recommend this care home to anyone.
The overwhelming factor to consider in your tick box survey to me is the care and support which is as good as you could possibly hope for.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Chris, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Layden Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Have a wonderful day.

Generally, I am satisfied that my father is looked after well in a safe and comfortable environment. He has raised trivial issues which have taken some time to be resolved but as far as I am aware there are no current problems outstanding.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 02 May 2018:

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Layden Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I am so pleased with my husband's care, visiting regularly, everyone so helpful and kind which is everything to me, as at times I feel down and low, but they cheer me up. My experience when I had my stroke in the home - it was fantastic how quickly I was in hospital, which I cannot thank them for enough. My husband is having his room decorated this week, which I am pleased about.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2018:

Thank you, Maureen, for your comments about your recent experience at Layden Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Have a wonderful day.

Dad has been treated with respect and kindness during his stay. I feel a little more time could have been taken getting to know his specific needs, due to his hearing and eyesight problems. His room was noisy being next to the kitchen door. Also, issues with clothing not coming back from the laundry meaning that on occasions dad did not have a shirt or pyjamas of his own. Food also not always been the best it could have been. Overall I would say dad has had a positive experience.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

Dad was treated kindly by everyone but perhaps a little more time getting to know his needs would have been appreciated. His particular room was a bit noisy being situated next to the kitchen but otherwise satisfactory. I thought the food and laundry were a bit hit and miss and had hoped there would be more interaction between the residents. Staff were always willing to answer questions and address any problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 23 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your feedback about your experience of Layden Court Care Home. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are happy to hear that you have been pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate feedback on areas where we can improve the services we provide and your comments will be highlighted as part of this. Thank you once again.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing at Layden Court Care Home. We are pleased to learn your experience has been so positive. Have a great day!

Made my ex-father-in-law very comfortable after discharge from hospital.
He has now moved on to permanent residence in a supported living environment but couldn't have got him this far without all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 14 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Dave, for your comments about your recent experience at Layden Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I am extremely happy with the care my husband receives. The staff are very caring and patient despite my husband being difficult at times. They can read his moods and act accordingly. Any issues raised with management are dealt with straight away and visitors are made to feel part of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Susan, for your feedback about our care here at Layden Court Care Home. We are happy to hear you have been so pleased with the quality of our care and we appreciate all of your kind words about our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day.

The care staff are very good, especially when dealing with dementia patients.
All the staff are welcoming and polite and very welcoming to visitors.
Cigarettes in the garden are a source of annoyance for the volunteers who look after the garden and provide seed plants etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 23 Feb 2018:

Thank you, Eric, for sharing your experience of Layden Court Care Home. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are pleased to learn that your experience has been so positive. We take all feedback seriously as we always look at areas to improve on. Thank you once again. Take care.

I feel at home at Layden Court Care Home. The cleaners do a good job and the home is always cleaned thoroughly. I wouldn't like anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jan 2018:

Thank you, David, for your feedback about your experience at Layden Court Care Home. We are pleased to hear it has been so positive. Have a wonderful day.

As my wife has only just been placed in Layden Court, she is adjusting to her new surroundings. She is paralysed down her right-side and has also lost her speech, I find the staff welcoming and kind to my wife, the nursing sister is very polite and handles my wife well, with a very good bedside manner.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 11 Sep 2017:

Thank you, John, for your kind comments about your recent experience at Layden Court Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

In general, I am satisfied with the care shown.
The food would be better if hotter, served on warm plates would help.
If possible a better choice of tea time sandwiches would be preferred.
The staff are very friendly and caring but pushed for time, especially on a night.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 01 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Sandra, for your comments about your recent experience at Layden Court Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Your views mean a lot to us and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention, which we will share with the team.

Since arriving at Layden Court, I've always been treated with respect with kindness and courtesy.

The staff have always been willing to help me in every aspect. Care and advice.

I shall remain ever thankful that I chose to come to Layden Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Roy, for your comments about your recent experience at Layden Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Have a fantastic day.

My mum initially came in on respite in March which turned into permanent care. Staff were very friendly and informative on arrival and listened to Mums likes and dislikes, which has continued since she has been there.
She is treated with dignity and respect by all staff and they allow her to keep her independence as much as possible which is very important to her. She enjoys the food choices and has gained weight and better health while there. The manager, reception, seniors, carers and housekeeping have an open door policy and will always promptly answer any queries. There are daily activities and regular visiting entertainers which mum enjoys.
It was a very hard decision for Mum to go into care but I couldn't have made a better choice and I can sleep soundly knowing she is happy and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Carl Duncker, Marketing Manager at Layden Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Aug 2017:

Thank you, Dawn, for your feedback. We were delighted to hear about your positive experience at our home.

A well-managed care home, caring staff and very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

My dad was in Layden for a total of 22 weeks respite care in 2014/15, then was in nursing care for the last week of his life in 2016. The staff were friendly and kind, and always did their best for him. A very friendly, homely place.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Likely

I am very satisfied with the care to my mother, staff are very helpful, accommodating with what is a very stressful and demanding service.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

The manager was very friendly and helpful and was eager to show me around prior to my brother going in the home for respite. On arrival staff were very welcoming and they were very caring,chatty and couldn't do enough to help my brother settle in. Although he has only been there a couple of days I was pleased with first impressions gained from my visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Layden Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister-in-law has a difficult life and can sometimes be un-cooperative. However the staff show great patience and understanding. The staff will encourage her to speak in return to their queries. Her speech has improved very much. She has made friends with the staff and will have a laugh and a joke. My sister-in-law with help and persuasion will now volunteer to be showered and changed into normal day clothes. This has extended interests in her daytime life of which we are all grateful.

Submit a Review for Layden Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Layden Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Layden Court Care Home