Moorgate Hollow

Nightingale Close, Moorgate, Rotherham S60 2AB

Moorgate Hollow is part of a care village and community atmosphere, where residents enjoy having their independence supported at the same time as having access to skilled and tailored personal care.

The care environment has been designed with a 'touch of class' in mind, with the provider passionate that older people and adults with care needs should enjoy a fulfilling lifestyle with all homely comforts, privacy and dignity anyone would wish for their loved ones.

Carers receive on-going training, with standards keeping up with key sector developments and regulatory issues.

Group: Park Lane Healthcare

Person in charge: Lyn Pilkington (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 24 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Moorgate Hollow: click here

The Review Score of 7.2 (maximum of 10) for Moorgate Hollow is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Moorgate Hollow in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 2.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 2 years. (A 2 year period has been used as there were no positive reviews in the last 12 months)

The Average Rating of 4.71 for Moorgate Hollow is calculated as follows: ( (117 Excellents x 5) + (32 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 155 Ratings = 4.71

The 2.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Moorgate Hollow is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4 then divided by 2 = 2.000

2. Target of 4.8 positive Reviews (24 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 4.8 Target Reached = 1 , then divided by 2 = 0.500

7.2 Moorgate Hollow has a Review Score of 7.2 (7.210) from 13 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Moorgate Hollow?

Reviewer Connection to Moorgate Hollow

This is an excellent dementia care home and I would recommend it most highly. The rooms are comfortable and all on one level. They are en suite and spacious. The staff are excellent and go the extra mile for all the residents. Visitors are welcomed and communication between the home and relatives is excellent. There is a programme of activities for residents and they have just had a very successful visit from animal entertainers, which all the residents really enjoyed. Food is prepared on the premises and is of a good quality. In the two years that my mother has been in this home, I have never had reason to complain. I know that my mother is in good hands, so I can relax knowing she is being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

My mum is quite happy here and the staff are very good with her and all the residents. I think more activities could be done with them. Rooms are OK but could do with decorating.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

From the first day, my wife went into the home, the staff have been very good with me and my wife. They always keep me informed of anything that is going on with any problems or anything positive. The staff will go out of their way to help me out, even with the buying of her underwear, they will pick me up some in their own time. I can't fault them at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in The Hollow for 11 weeks now and is settled, happy, well cared for 24 hours a day, and most importantly, safe!
As a family, the decision to put Mum into care was the hardest we've ever had to make. We looked at others, but when we visited The Hollow we all experienced the same feeling - homely and welcoming.
The safe are amazing, they always show kindness, patience and understanding. Residents are treated with dignity and as individuals.
They encourage Mum to engage with others and take part in activities.
They are very supportive to us as a family, struggling to come to terms with Mum's condition.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in the Moorgate Care Village since 2008, moving to the Hollow in 2013 as her dementia worsened. She settled straight away, due to the helpful and caring attitude of the staff. They quickly got to know mum and treated her with dignity, respect and a lot of humour, which was reciprocated when mum was on top form! Her dementia and mobility have progressively declined, but there have always been strategies/equipment put in place to make mum as comfortable as possible and to enable her to access day-to-day living.
Discussions between myself and the management team have taken place at every stage to ensure mum's care, well-being and safety, and I've had regular input into mum's care plan.
All the staff are friendly and caring, always putting the needs of the resident's first, whilst still keeping a sense of humour in often difficult and demanding situations.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

My daughters and I checked a number of care homes but even though we preferred this one to others there was no vacancies so had to go elsewhere. I checked regularly and when a vacancy did arise we jumped at the opportunity. Due to the smaller number of residents there always seems to be plenty of carers on hand to help or answer questions. My wife's room has a double bed, plenty of wardrobe space, a wet room shower and the room is spotless. There is always a welcome and an invitation to stay for a meal and join in the activities. My wife just needs now to fully settle in and it will be home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

My auntie is a new resident at Moorgate Hollow. I'm so pleased with how lovely the home is. Cleanliness and the staff are so friendly, nothings too much trouble. Staff are very good with the residents and relatives, always go the extra mile.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

To put my beloved sister is in this care home with a traumatic experience. Moorgate Hollow was the first of many we viewed, and felt reassured they would take good care of our sister. Goodness me we were right, they are very caring to her every need.
We need to make her room more homely ie. decorating - personal items and soft furnishings. My sisters bungalow was very pleasing to the eye and most comforting. We truly hope the care she is now getting will continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

My mum as just died at Moorgate Hollow. Me and my family cannot thank them enough they cared for not only my mum but for all the family. Nothing was too much trouble, even though I know as a nurse myself that they were really busy with other residents and family's. The rooms were all spotless, no smell of urine even though I know some of the residents would have problems with incontinence. All the residents you could tell were valued, music played or TVs on, residents singing. The food always looked lovely. Even my mum came to her last days of life she received mouth care and turns. They looked after her till the last minute of her life treating her with dignity. All I can add is thank you, you are all amazing. My mum was loved by us and I believe she was loved by the staff at the home, what else does a relative need. I would recommend this home to anyone who needs care when suffering from dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

My Auntie moved into Moorgate Hollow in April 2015 after a very few difficult months with her living alone. Since being in the home she looks like a different person. The home is in a quiet setting, easy for us to reach. The staff are very friendly and caring and have finally succeeded in getting my auntie to interact with other residents and take part in the many activities they offer.
When visiting, the home is always clean and tidy. There's always a domestic in sight busy cleaning the main areas. The residents always look clean and are well stimulated. The menu's look tasty and although my auntie can not remember what's she's had to eat we know she is well fed. In the afternoon they come round with tea and biscuits. She went on two day trips during the summer to Cleethorpes which she thoroughly enjoyed and prompted her to remember when she used to go with my mum as a teenager and it was lovely for her to have those memories rekindled.
It is such a relief for me and my family to know that she is being well looked after and that she's happy and made friends and for that we will be eternally grateful to Moorgate Hollow .

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

It was an heart wrenching time when my family and I was told our sister needed moving from residential care to EMI care. We looked around several EMI units and felt disgruntled, until we found heaven at Moorgate Hollow, clean, very friendly staff, residents happy and well cared for. The Manager has gone out of her way to help us in anyway she can to making the transition as easy as possible. Thank you, you really are an angel in this heaven of a home!

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

Myself and my two sisters, recently visited this home to see if it would be a suitable place for our eldest sister, who had recently been diagnosed with dementia. This was the fourth home we had visited, and we can honestly say it was the best! The manager, staff and even the residents were very welcoming, in fact we ended up staying there laughing and talking for nearly two hours! We are now hopefully in the process of moving our sister there ASAP! This home is a credit to the manager and the staff working there!

How likely would you be to recommend Moorgate Hollow? Extremely Likely

My Mum moved to Moorgate Hollow in March 2015 and I cannot praise the staff enough for the way they look after her. Everyone works so hard, not only to meet her needs but also to get to know her and connect with her, giving her the best quality of life. The staff are obviously very capable, well-trained and genuinely caring. The home feels warm and welcoming and the atmosphere is relaxed and homely. It's very clean everywhere. Most residents seem to prefer listening to music and chatting rather than watching TV (there are 2 lounges). My Mum's had two visits to the seaside which were really well planned and organised. Her room and en suite shower room are a good size. She enjoys the food and has put on weight since moving there. I'm very grateful that my Mum is in such lovely home and would recommend it highly.

Submit a Review for Moorgate Hollow

posted 23 May 2018

Residential nursing home for the elderly, en suite bedroom available

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moorgate Hollow