Lofthouse Grange & Lodge

Grange Farm, 340 Leeds Road, Lofthouse, Wakefield WF3 3QQ

Lofthouse Grange & Lodge, Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Lofthouse Grange and Lodge is a care home in West Yorkshire, specialising in care for older people.

Lofthouse Grange provides all round care while its adjacent lodge specialises in round-the-clock dementia care.

The homes offer a wide range of features designed with the comfort, privacy and independent lifestyle choices of residents in mind.

All bedrooms have an ensuite bathroom and internet access.

Public areas of the home include a choice of TV or quiet lounges, a family room for more personal gatherings and a hairdressing salon. All are fitted with a loop system for those with hearing difficulties.

The home benefits from enclosed gardens, which provide a pleasant and secure environment in which to enjoy the outdoors, while a daily activity and entertainment programme caters for a range of hobbies and interests.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Kirsty James (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leeds City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 88 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

From Leeds City Centre.

1.   Get on A64(M) from Great George St and Merrion St.
2.   Head east on Great George St towards Cookridge St. Continue onto Merrion St.
3.   Merrion St turns left and becomes New Briggate
4.   Use the left lane to take the Inner Ring Road/A58(M) slip road.
5.   Take A58(M), A643 and M621 to A61. Take exit 7from M621.
6.   At junction 7, take the A639 exit to Pontefract/Stourton/M1/A1.
7.   Drive to A61 in Lofthouse. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A61.
8.   At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Wakefield Rd/A61.
9.   Continue to follow A61.
10.   Destination will be on the left.

Visitors welcome anytime.

Free on-site parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Lofthouse Grange & Lodge: click here

8.8 Lofthouse Grange & Lodge has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.844)

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.56 for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (53 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 84 Ratings = 4.56

The 4.284 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 17.6 positive Reviews (88 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 17.6 Target = 0.284

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Lofthouse Grange & Lodge

• Volunteer

The staff, in general, are very caring, helpful, trustworthy and lovely.
The events team are always organising and fundraising - especially Halloween!
My mum is very happy living here.

How likely would you be to recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

My father was a resident of Lofthouse Lodge from November 2011 until April 2014 and because I was so pleased with the care he received there, I applied to do some voluntary work there. Upon acceptance, I started in November 2014 and am still working there presently.

How likely would you be to recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Kirsty James, Home Manager at Lofthouse Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 12 Dec 2017:

We are delighted that you have taken your time to write your perspective on our home, David, and to leave a positive review. As you experienced when your father was in the home, we strive to provide the best care possible for all of our residents and their relatives that come to visit, and I am very pleased that you now volunteer in our home.
Kind regards, Kirsty James, Home Manager.

My mum was taken to the care home at the beginning of February, she had the onset of dementia. My mum's care, while she was in the home, was brilliant. Any problems were ironed out very quickly and the quality of care from the care assistants was fantastic. We would like to commend all staff for the way they looked after Mum. Superb! Sadly, my mum died on 24th October.

How likely would you be to recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Kirsty James, Home Manager at Lofthouse Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 16 Nov 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. The staff strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident's person-centred care at the heart of what we do. As a home, we very much enjoyed getting to know your mum during her time with us and we would like to once again offer our sincere condolences to you all.
Kirsty James, Home Manager.

My mum is really happy living here. She is always saying how clean the place is. The cleaning staff and laundry staff do a fantastic job. The activities staff are great and do a wide variety of activities which my mum loves to join in with.
The carers are all really nice and very caring and I am really happy with the home.
I think the care home manager could be a little more friendly as most of the residents and families don't know who the manager is!
They could just do with more carers instead of using agency staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Kirsty James, Home Manager at Lofthouse Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 13 Nov 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge, all feedback is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team. We are pleased to read that you are happy with the home for your mum, as we strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident's person-centred care in the heart of what we do. There is a full range of activities that meet all the different likes and interests of our residents and if you have any other suggestions, please let a member of the team know. I apologise if you feel that I haven't been as visible as you would like, I've taken this on board and I will ensure that I take the time to make myself as approachable as possible.
Kirsty James, Home Manager.

My father was a little unsettled when he first went into Lofthouse Grange but thanks to the patience of the staff he has now settled in and is happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Kirsty James, Home Manager at Lofthouse Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 30 Oct 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge, all feedback makes a big difference to our home and the staff and I will be sure to pass your comments onto them. We are pleased to read that your father is now settled into the home, the team strive on making all residents feel as at home and as comfortable as possible.
Kirsty James, Home Manager

I can't believe how wonderful the home is. My 94 year old mum spent the last few months of her life here, in a warm world of care and love.
I can't think of anywhere she would rather have been.
A brilliant atmosphere, fantastic staff, and the place feels like 'home' What more can I say.....book me in now!!

How likely would you be to recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Janet Richards, Home Manager at Lofthouse Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 15 Feb 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate the feedback. We are pleased your mum was comfortable living at Lofthouse and that you find the home to be warm and pleasant. We are glad your family felt supported by the staff at the home and our thoughts are with you all. Sincerest condolences from all the team, Janet.

I would pick this care home for respite every time. Staff could not do enough for my dad and me. They made it feel like a big family, so welcoming. I can't thank you for all. What a home, if I was to go into a home it would be this one.

How likely would you be to recommend Lofthouse Grange & Lodge? Extremely Likely

Janet Richards, Home Manager at Lofthouse Grange & Lodge responded to this review on 07 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, we really do appreciate the feedback we get. We strive to provide the highest possible level of care to our residents, involving and supporting their family as much as possible and we are pleased this has been your experience.

Submit a Review for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Lofthouse Grange & Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lofthouse Grange & Lodge