Wrawby Hall

Vicarage Road, Wrawby, Brigg DN20 8RP

Wrawby Hall Care Home is long established and well respected in the local community for high standards of residential and personal care. Professional care is practised alongside support for personal freedoms, with good access to community life and landscaped gardens.

All carers are highly-skilled and make the most of an extensive refurbishment in order to make a difference. Visitors are welcome, with the team always pleased to show interested parties around the home.

Pleasing features include spacious rooms, home-cooked meals, an activities programme, comfortable lounges and an activities programme.

Group: Trust Care Ltd

Person in charge: Sally Eddom (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Lincolnshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 34 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Wrawby Hall: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Wrawby Hall is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.1 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Wrawby Hall in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.047 for Wrawby Hall is calculated as follows: ( (76 Excellents x 5) + (66 Goods x 4) + (31 Satisfactorys x 3) + (15 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 190 Ratings = 4.047

The 4.735 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Wrawby Hall is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.8 positive Reviews (34 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 6.8 Target = 0.735

8.8 Wrawby Hall has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.782) from 16 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Wrawby Hall?

Reviewer Connection to Wrawby Hall

Wrawby Hall is a welcoming home. The staff take the time to speak to you when you arrive. Mum is happy in this environment, she is treated with respect and not patronised. The communal living spaces are upbeat and pleasantly decorated. Communication is good and any personal issues are passed on in a private manner. Activities in the home are encouraged, we enjoy curling the village hall, mum thrives on meeting the ladies team from the village who join us, we all feel better after the session. Social events take a of lot planning but it's worth it to see the dedication of all the team, the food provided is excellent. We all have a good time. As a family, we recommend Wraby Hall and feel very satisfied with the standard of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

The staff are so kind and caring, I know dad is well looked after and the home itself has such a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. I have never heard a member of staff speak crossly - either to another employee or to a resident. It gives me great peace of mind knowing that dad is safe there.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

The home is very friendly, the staff are very polite and conscientious, the whole place is very clean and tidy, all the care needs are catered for ie ripple bed, wheelchairs, care plans in place. Food supplied is of very good quality and all dietary needs are met.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

Very homely and friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

Wrawby Hall was recommended to me by a friend for a friends parent and after visiting many times I can only say good things. The staff are amazing and never short of time to chat or offer drinks and snacks. My friend's parent is cared for very well and is happy and safe. The home itself looks amazing and has such a lovely, calm and friendly atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

Overall disappointed with the management and leadership at Wrawby Hall. There was a high turnover of staff during my relative's placement which was a concern. When I visited staff were not always visible around the home. Additional training in Dementia and Person Centred Care would be beneficial for some staff. There were shortfalls in the quality and standard of care offered to my relative in respect of dignity, choices, rights, understanding of care and medical needs. A basic duty of care should have been of paramount importance when instead it was compromised. Care plans were not reflective of my relative's declining health. The food was lovely and the cooks were very accommodating and helpful so thank you. Concerns raised did not always have a satisfactory outcome. Exceptional care was most definitely not my experience and in my opinion, the ethos of the home was not as described. Some staff very attentive whereas others lacked compassion and skills to care for vulnerable people.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Unlikely

Andrew Savage, Managing Director at Wrawby Hall responded to this review on 28 Sep 2017:

I am very sorry that the reviewer believes there was a shortfall in the standards of care we provided for her friend during his stay at our home. I personally know, having spent lots of time with the resident and his friends, that for a number of years they were very happy with the standards of care provided in the home and they were very keen that he remained at the home. It is now very disappointing for me and everyone involved that in the reviewer's opinion we did not meet her expectations, for which I would like to take this opportunity to apologise.

I looked round many places to find the right place for my mum, I found it at Wrawby Hall.
The home is lovely and the staff are so friendly and helpful at all times
Would definite recommend the home to others

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

Never enough staff on duty at anytime considering the care/help most of the residents needed. There were never more than 2/3 staff on duty at any of my visits. Bells were ringing, residents in the lounge were asking for help to go to bed repeatedly from 8pm - 11:20pm. The two staff on duty were rushed off their feet doing the best they could. When my friend asked for help to go to the toilet for the third time were told it was alright as he had a pad on! I thought this was degrading!!

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Unlikely

Andrew Savage, Managing Director at Wrawby Hall responded to this review on 31 Mar 2017:

I am very sorry that you have these concerns. What I can say is that we have 5 staff on duty during the day, which for 28 residential residents is higher than many other homes. At night we have 3 staff, which gives us a ratio of 1 member of staff to 10 residents, again more than adequate for a residential home. Like all care homes, we do have times when we are busy, such as at bedtime. At these times we do try our very best to ensure we meet the needs of all our residents as promptly as possible.

Staff very friendly and helpful - keep residents happy and attentive to their needs. Lovely atmosphere. Thank you for looking after my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother has dementia and is well cared for and happy. We have in the past had issues of clothing going missing, always new but this is when she first moved in and management and staff were different. Her room is not the best as it is in the original part of the building but to be fair she was offered a move to a newer room and didn't settle. The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

Wrawby Hall is welcoming and offers a high standard of care. The home is decorated to a high standard and there are areas where you can sit and enjoy privacy or can join in with the other residents. The staff are not patronising, they listen to any issues we have. When we leave the home we always feel satisfied and happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

Due to staffing levels, the standard of care has dropped. Turnover of staff very high. Last few months the experience at the home has put a toll on my health and I'm not the resident. There are a few staff that are excellent. That is all. Food is brilliant and that also goes to the kitchen staff. Able to hear staff clearly discussing residents. Not very nice. Staff talking about long hours they work and how tired they are. Not very good to hear. Loved ones are there to be cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Unlikely

Andrew Savage, Managing Director at Wrawby Hall responded to this review on 08 Mar 2017:

We are extremely disappointed that E B feels that we didn’t get things right in the last few months of her friends stay. We do apologise for the concerns E B has highlighted on the questionnaire we sent her. I do know personally that the staff had provided exceptional care to her friend over the last few years. I spoke to E B on many occasions to reassure her that we would not ask her friend to leave our home. This is why it is very difficult to learn that she wasn’t happy. I would like to apologise to E B for this and assure her that we have taken her comments seriously. Andrew Savage, Managing Director

My father has been at Wrawby Hall Care Home since March 2015 and whilst on the whole the staff are caring (some of them are great). There have been occasions when the service would not have passed the family and friends test. There is now a new manager in place and I am hopeful that things will improve such as the frequency of the activities etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Andrew Savage, Managing Director at Wrawby Hall responded to this review on 24 Mar 2016:

We are extremely sorry that not every area of our home has been satisfactory. We will be reviewing the activities within our home and develop an action plan to improve activities in the home moving forward.

My mother has been a resident at Wrawby Hall for 1 and a half years and is 97 years old, with advanced dementia. Her care is excellent, the staff are very professional and always polite and pleasant. I genuinely think that they really do care for my mum.
She is very safe there, confident that she will be well cared for, and as happy as she can be in the circumstances.
As the manager of the home has recently left, I hope and am sure that a manager just as good will be obtained very shortly, to ensure the continuation of the good service provided and the peace of mind of the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

Most staff are helpful and understanding. Middle manager left company, waiting to see if a big improvement in this area, of running home daily.
Senior management very helpful and understanding and gets things moving when reported to them. The home would benefit if it did not have a big turnover in staff, and this is a problem with most homes.

How likely would you be to recommend Wrawby Hall? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Wrawby Hall for 7 years. She has dementia and mobility problems, but the staff are caring and patient so that she feels safe, secure and re-assured. The home is well-furnished, clean, and staff are well trained in the use of a range of equipment to meet the needs of residents. Meals are of good quality and menus are designed to appeal to elderly people. Management systems seem to support the residents' needs effectively, and staff training appears to give them the knowledge and skills they need to underpin their role. My mother seems content and well cared for - I would recommend Wrawby Hall to those who need good quality residential care for a relative or friend.

Submit a Review for Wrawby Hall

April 2013

2013 National Care Awards Finalist

Recipient: Trust Care Ltd

Date: Saturday 06 Apr 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wrawby Hall