Archers Park, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear

Archers Park is a residential care home, focusing on care for older people who are living with dementia.

All en-suite rooms are decorated and equipped with the latest facilities and amenities.

A number of communal lounges within the home are used for various purposes, from relaxing together, to taking part in an activity that appeals to the interests and hobbies of residents.

An activity coordinator prepares a daily changing programme, including visits from local performers, reminiscence sessions, and food-related activities around a national holiday or topic such as fine dining.

An attractive garden provides additional space to enjoy the fresh air.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Roslyn Wright (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sunderland City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Turn onto Farringdon estate from Durham Road at MacDonalds, turn onto Allendale Road and when reaching 2nd set of shops and Farringdon Academy turn onto Ashdown Road and turn second right at the Dolphin Pub onto Archer Road, the home is on the right hand side of this road.

Visitors welcome anytime.

Free on-site parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Archers Park: click here

9.9 Archers Park has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.921)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Archers Park is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Archers Park in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.921 for Archers Park is calculated as follows: ( (221 Excellents x 5) + (19 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 240 Ratings = 4.921

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Archers Park is based on 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 20 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Archers Park?

Reviewer Connection to Archers Park

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

My friend is a very ill resident at Archers Park and the care and love that has been shown, not only to my best friend but also to family and friends proved that nothing was a problem. They helped support us all at our lowest point with tea, coffee, the offer of food if we wanted.
It was a pleasure to have experienced this on my visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Rosalyn Wright, Home Manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Archers Park, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased that the team and I were there to support you at your time of need.
Kind regards, Home Manager

My dad is safe, happy and well cared for by kind, professional staff who always treat him with respect.
A good choice of food is served at a time that suits him. He can choose whenever to join in with activities or stay quietly in his room.
It is good to know he is content and in competent hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Archers Park, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the care your dad is receiving.
Kind regards, Home Manager.

I honestly can not think of words good enough to describe how amazing the staff and management have been towards my mam and all of us as a family. They have all gone above and beyond what they needed to do to look after her and make her feel happy at home and cared for. I could not thank them enough for all they have done and will be eternally grateful towards each and every one of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Archers Park. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that your mam feels at home with us and that she is well cared for.
Kind regards, Home Manager

All staff have made our experience feel like a home from home. My mother-in-law has had the best care we could ever ask for.
I will be forever grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roz Wright, Home Manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Archers Park. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the care received and that you find the overall experience a home from home.
Kind regards, Home Manager

The management and staff at Archers Park are all such lovely people. The way they have all cared for and looked after my aunty is second to none. We are all so thankful for their kindness and time.
Not only are they fantastic with residents, but they are always there for resident's family members as well. This care home is absolutely fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Couldn't be happier with the care my mam has and is receiving. Every member of staff, from top to bottom always goes the extra mile for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

My sister has been cared for in Archers Park for over a year now and I have always found the staff very helpful and caring. Nothing is a problem for them. Overall, it's a pleasant place for both residents and visitors and I would highly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Excellent staff, very caring in treatment and nursing for my sister-in-law's illness.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roslyn Wright, Home Manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review for Archers Park, your comments are greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass them on to the team who will be very pleased.
Kind regards, Roslyn Wright, Home Manager.

My beloved mam was admitted to Archers Park in January 2017. The staff have cared for us both in a kindly, pragmatic and patient manner. My mam is clean, calm, content and comfortable.
The staff have offered holistic care to mam and me. We have been enveloped in a kind of caring, humorous, practical and loving environment. From being alone and despairing, dealing with a second parent with dementia, to a family of care in a safe environment.
Thank you Archers Park care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roslyn Wright, Home Manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 10 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review for Archers Park, it makes a huge difference to the home and our staff. The team strive to provide a caring and welcoming environment in the home and we are pleased that you and your mother have been welcomed into this.
Roslyn Wright, Home Manager

I have been really impressed from day one of my wife's care. The staff and management are a great crew, making it easy for myself and family members and friends to just be able to ask any questions.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for the positive review on our home, Archers Park, this will be greatly appreciated by the staff. We take great pride in the care we provide in the home and I am glad you have experienced this.
Roslyn Wright, Home Manager

My mother in law has settled in your care home with ease.
It's because your staff, I mean all of them, have been so helpful and pleasant from day one.
I couldn't have imagined that at first as I was as nervous as my mother in law about her future.
Thank you to each and every member of staff for their caring nature, it is a pleasure to see them work with their patients the way they do.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roslyn Wright, Home Manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 02 Aug 2017:

We are delighted you have taken the time to write a positive review about our home, Archers Park. Our staff strive to provide the best care possible for all the residents and we are pleased that your mother in law has settled in well.
Roslyn Wright, Home Manager.

My mam is very happy at Archers Park Sunderland. All staff are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for your positive feedback on Archers Park, we are always pleased to receive feedback and I will pass your comments on to the staff who will be very pleased.
Roslyn Wright, Home Manager.

Dad has been in Archers Park around two months now after a brief spell in hospital, with a water infection. This reoccurred whilst in care but was quickly sorted by the home staff and their local GP. Dad has settled in well now and is very well looked after by all staff, with nice clean facilities and friendly atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roslyn Wright, Home Manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review of Archers Park. It is wonderful to hear your dad has now settled in well and you feel he is well looked after. We strive to create a nice friendly atmosphere in the home so I am pleased this has been noted. Kind regards

My parents moved into this home in March after my mum was sectioned and dad was in ill health. The staff bent over backwards for their needs. Sadly dad passed away in May. Since then, the care my mum has had has been excellent and we as a family have no complaints. The staff are lovely with her and she trusts them as do we. I was able to visit Beamish Museum with her which was a lovely day out for everyone. I don't worry about her at all knowing she is being cared for. The staff keeps us up to date with what is going on in the home and with my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Since my father-in-law went to be a resident in the home. I have nothing but admiration for the staff and the running of the home. We as his family are always kept informed of his welfare and they show real compassion towards him, he is always fed and cared for and above all is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roslyn Wright, Care home manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 23 Dec 2016:

Thank you very much for your review. It is so lovely to hear that your father-in-law is happy in the home and that you feel he is well cared for. Our staff do work hard to make sure our residents and their families are made to feel welcome and at home.
Best wishes.

Staff/management are always very helpful and friendly. Residents are treated with respect and dignity in a homely atmosphere.
My mother is well cared for and is happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roslyn Wright, Care manager at Archers Park responded to this review on 23 Dec 2016:

Thank you very much for your positive review of Archers Park. It is lovely to hear that your mother is happy and enjoying her stay here. It is important to us that our staff are friendly and helpful to our residents and their families.
Best wishes.

One of the things I like about Archers Park is the staff. There doesn't seem to be a high turnover of staff. When we visit and we go several times a week, the same staff are there. This is very good for the residents well being, seeing the same people who care for them. There is always something going on in the home, entertainment nights, fetes and Christmas fayres. There are several rooms for residents to relax in, watch telly, listen to music or chat with their family. A new decking has just been added to the home and this will be lovely for the residents in the summer. A lovely home!

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Roslyn Wright, Care home managger at Archers Park responded to this review on 23 Dec 2016:

Thank you very much for your review. It is so lovely to hear that you are happy with the staff and the home itself. I do agree that to have the same staff members looking after the residents is very reassuring for them. It is so nice to know that your relative can find somewhere to relax either with fellow residents or on their own.
Best wishes.

From management to cleaner, all staff are extremely helpful and pleasant. This gives the home a warm and friendly atmosphere. Rooms are clean, lifting environment and harnesses are in abundance where necessary. The equipment is clean and well maintained. Decor is both pleasing and relevant to the age of residents i.e pictures of Elvis, Shadows, Beatles and vinyl records etc. Activities are plentiful and varied to suit all. I can highly recommend Archers Park for those in Sunderland South Area.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your review. It is lovely to hear that you are happy with our staff and the home itself. We do work hard to make sure Archers Park has a welcoming, positive atmosphere for our residents and visitors.
It is great to hear that this is noticed.
Best wishes.

My father is always treated with respect and kindness and I feel that staff genuinely care about him. I am always kept informed about what is happening to him - his appetite, his well-being, any concerns about his health. Staff are welcoming and it feels like visiting Dad in his own home. I feel happy that he is a resident here and he is safe and secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Archers Park? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. it is so lovely to hear that you have been happy with the care your father received. Our staff do work hard to make sure that the residents are safe and happy. Communication is so important between staff and relatives so it is great to hear that this is working well.

Happy with everything.

Submit a Review for Archers Park

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Archers Park